Hockey Thread

Ernez

I loved that fight too PMB! Glad to see it was enjoyed outside of Pittsburgh as well. I mean even if Asham didn't play for the Pens, that would've still been a fun fight to watch, as long as it wasn't like my fav player getting knocked out or whatever.

I loved the Go-To-Sleep taunt at the end. I don't think it was classless. If he would have stood over the guy afterward then yes that would have been disrespectful, but he didn't, so it's all good. Alex is a hypocrite for suggesting it was classless especially since it's really no different than pretending you're Jimi Hendrix after you score a goal and some stupid little ceremony where you pretend your stick is on fire and shit. I wish it was Ovechkin getting knocked out though. Honestly I'll cheer for any player on any team that knocks his block off, I hate that guy so bad.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless the Blue Jackets can pull something out of their ass, the Red Wings will win. Columbus is still winless after 6 games, and are now the only team to score a win, as the New York Rangers beat the Canucks in Vancouver, which last happened when Gretzky was a Ranger, and Messier was a Canuck.

I'm not enjoying the start of this season at all, as a Canadiens fan. It's frustrating because the Habs have been playing great hockey. Then you consider they're without Markov, Cammalleri, Spacek, White and Campoli, so the team is incredibly green. The biggest example is that Gill has played almost twice as many games as the other five current defensemen in the lineup.

As I said though, they aren't playing bad hockey, they're just having terrible luck. It seems like the Habs have immediately gone into a slump where no matter what they do, they can't put enough goals in. It happens to every team at some point, so hopefully that's all that this is. Example, last night they outshot the Sabres about 41-22 I believe were the numbers. They lost 2-1, even though they dominated. Miller was outstanding, but even when we had incredible chances, open nets, or when it went past him even, it would hit a post, or a stick, or a skate, or we'd fan on the shot. It's getting frustrating :P

I'm nervous about Friday's game with the Blue Jackets, because I have a horrible feeling that Columbus will sneak it. If we can keep things tight at the back though (no innuendo intended), then I think we can comfortably see them off.

I'm not enjoying the start of this season at all, as a Canadiens fan. It's frustrating because the Habs have been playing great hockey. Then you consider they're without Markov, Cammalleri, Spacek, White and Campoli, so the team is incredibly green. The biggest example is that Gill has played almost twice as many games as the other five current defensemen in the lineup.

As I said though, they aren't playing bad hockey, they're just having terrible luck. It seems like the Habs have immediately gone into a slump where no matter what they do, they can't put enough goals in. It happens to every team at some point, so hopefully that's all that this is. Example, last night they outshot the Sabres about 41-22 I believe were the numbers. They lost 2-1, even though they dominated. Miller was outstanding, but even when we had incredible chances, open nets, or when it went past him even, it would hit a post, or a stick, or a skate, or we'd fan on the shot. It's getting frustrating :P

That's life. So they are missing some star players. Oh well. The Penguins are missing two of the top stars in the entire friggin' league (plus Brooks Orpik, but at least he is coming back!) and have still managed to sit atop their division at 4-2-2.

That's life. So they are missing some star players. Oh well. The Penguins are missing two of the top stars in the entire friggin' league (plus Brooks Orpik, but at least he is coming back!) and have still managed to sit atop their division at 4-2-2.

Not to mention they're missing Letang. Plus, they're at the top of their division right now, because they've played the most games so far. They've played 9, whereas most of the other teams have played 5-7 games. Detroit, New Jersey and San Jose have only played 4 so far. Also, the Penguins are now 5-2-2, as they beat Montreal 3-1 ;)

Sharks and the Devils are tied 2-2 in the third period. I really hope the Sharks win it, because it doesn't get easier tomorrow, as they play the Bruins on Saturday in Boston.

Havlat will also play his first game against the Devils tonight.

Sharks beat the Devils 4-3 in the shootout in Joe Thornton's 1,000th game with Ryan Clowe scoring the game-winner.

San Jose is currently leading against Boston, 2-0. Washington is ahead against Detroit, 3-1. And it looks like Winnipeg will get their second win of the season against Carolina, as they're currently leading 5-2.

Also, after 2 OT losses, the Panthers sent David Booth, Steve Reinprecht and a third-round pick in 2013 to the Vancouver Canucks on Saturday in exchange for Mikael Samuelsson and Marco Sturm. As a Sturm fan, I'm glad he's no longer in Vancouver. But he's now a Panther? Guess I still gotta try find a Capitals jersey with his number on it.

Shit. Lucic just scored to make it 2-1, and then straight away, Seguin scored to make it 2-2. Both goals were 29 goals apart.

Sharks beat the Bruins 4-2. Can't wait till they play again in March, when they meet in San Jose. Sharks always do well in Boston, whereas the Bruins tend to do well in San Jose.

Capitals beat the Red Wings 7-1, and go to 7-0-0.

I think Florida got fleeced on that deal with the Canucks. Booth is a great player, and they let him go. They also lose a draft pick and Reinprecht. My big problem isn't that they traded these things, it's who they got for them. They got Samuelsson and Sturm, which in my opinion, does nothing for the Panthers. They just got older, and this isn't a playoff team. They aren't one or two experienced guys away from a Cup run, they still need to rebuild, and quick fixes won't do it for them. The East is a lot better this year, and so are the Cats, but this is a step backwards in my opinion.

I think Florida got fleeced on that deal with the Canucks. Booth is a great player, and they let him go. They also lose a draft pick and Reinprecht. My big problem isn't that they traded these things, it's who they got for them. They got Samuelsson and Sturm, which in my opinion, does nothing for the Panthers. They just got older, and this isn't a playoff team. They aren't one or two experienced guys away from a Cup run, they still need to rebuild, and quick fixes won't do it for them. The East is a lot better this year, and so are the Cats, but this is a step backwards in my opinion.

Personally, I would have preferred to see Sturm stick with the Canucks. Because he's now been with 5 teams in the last 2-3 seasons (Bruins, Kings, Caps, Canucks, Panthers).

Anaheim vs Phoenix is the only game today. I hope Anaheim wins.

Archived