Baseball Thread

Ernez

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why the Marniers or Cano thought this would be a good deal. First of all with that huge salary how are you going to pull in other talent with the amount of people you are drawing and second Cano is going to a team where he is going to show just how good he is. He is by far one of the best second basement defensivly but he always hit between superstars now we get to see him hit in between lower talent.

Im actually glad the Yankees stood there ground, they always do these long huge deals that never work out. I mean we saw it more recently with Albert Puljos. He signed a long huge deal and hasn't been nearly worth it for the Angels.

We spent the money wise on three really good players who are needs for the team. Cano wanted $240 million so we instead spent $254 on other players.

Favorite players now a Yankee and a Ranger ;-;

Honestly like somebody said Jay-Z did his favorite team a good job by not trying to force the Yanks to sign Cano. He wasn't going to screw over his favorite team.

And I'll take Beltran at bat in October over Cano otc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The deal with the first writer actually fell through. Dan let Deadspin decide his vote, provided they didn't give him anything in return and that they explain why he was doing it. Supposedly the first person is going to sell their vote to Deadspin next year, in the form of Deadspin making a sizable donation to a charity of the writer's choosing.

I think it's kinda funny what he did. The outrage of the other writers with votes on Twitter is hilarious. Even more so since Le Batard keeps retweeting them saying what an asshole he is. The whole voting system really does need an overhaul though. Very antiquated.

• 3 weeks later...

The season for NYY just got a whole lot more meaning when it starts. Jeter was no doubt one of their best players to ever play for them, I don't know how others feel about Jeter but I respect the hell out of him. I hope he's 100% healthy and plays a full season this time around, I'd hate to see an injury cut his last season short.

Archived