Baseball Thread

Ernez

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what are peoples thoughts on this whole situation during the Dodgers/Padres game last night? I feel Quentin was totally at fault and should get a month's suspension. There is no way that Grenkie is throwing at a guy with a 3-2 count and a one run lead. Quentin is dumb, a report asked him what made him go after Zack and he said it was what Zack said than the reported asked him what he said and he replyed with I don't know. I would also suspend Jerry Hariston for a week and Matt Kemp for a week. After all was said and done they tried to keep the fight going on. Though Kemp staring down Quentin after the game was badass.

He could have said that though, Quentin stepped off the plate towards Zack and legit had no idea what he said, he just know he said something and went after him. Lets ignore there supposed history that the media is harping on, if Grenkie was going after Quentin don't you think that AJ Ellis would have stepped infront of Quentin to calm him down or just get inbetween the pitcher and hitter?

This is why baseball is my least favorite sport. Pitchers especially come off as such pussies when they throw the ball at a batter on purpose. If this was something else and someone threw a hard object at you then you'd probably beat their ass. I don't think Greinke did anything on purpose here, but all this just makes me hate the game even more. Also, a bench clearing brawl? The umps/officials should have more control over these situations so they can separate the two guys right away.

I think both teams should be fined and given a warning for what happened last night. I also think Greinke should get half the suspension of Quentin. He did instigate it, and looked to have said something, but Quentin then took it upon himself to make it into a brawl, which is a worse offense than just uttering words of trash talk.

Anyway, what a way to end (well, almost end) last night's O's/Yankees game. What an awesome 4-6-5-6-5-3-4 triple play! It was hilarious, but awesome at the same time!

I can't rave enough about Matt Harvey. In his 13th ML start, he was 7 outs short of getting a no-hitter, until he ran into Justin Morneau, who took him deep. Other than that, GREAT start from Harvey. With this man headlining the Mets rotation, I'm confident about the Mets in the very near future.

Been hearing that the Mets are making an effort to acquire Giancarlo Stanton from Miami, but may have to give up Zack Wheeler & Travis d'Arnaud.

DO IT!

I wouldn't do it.

Why? I'm hesistant about trading d'Arnaud, but Wheeler? Absolutely. The Mets have a deep enough pitching depth to make that move for Stanton.

As far as the Dodgers-Padres fight goes, Quentin is a bitch for going after Greinke like that. He said there was a "history" because he got plunked by Greinke before? Lester, Price, Verlander, and Bedard have plunked Quentin multiple times and he never did shit to them. Besides, it's a full count and you tell me Greinke was intentionally trying to hit him? Are you serious? Even if Greinke said something, take your base. Where's the accountability?

Hey, anyone live in Philly or wanna attend a Phillies game? I'm thinking about going to their game on May 15th.

And no, I don't watch baseball, and I actually fell asleep when I was watching Washington Nationals play on September when I was with friends. But, live games are fun.

I'd rather watch the Yankees though.

CISCOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Shame we lolFailed, but there you go.

So I'm writing an article on the Marlins (basically about how much of a mess they're in), and whilst I'm researching them, I was looking at the MLB attendance figures. They're not even last. My jaw almost hit the floor and shattered into a billion pieces when I saw that they rank higher than two other teams (Seattle and Cleveland) in average attendance.

Archived