Baseball Thread

Ernez

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like Morse said, words cant describe how happy I am he's back in Seattle. I've always been a fan of his, I was sad when we traded him, and I've been happy with how well he's played the last two years. I hope and believe he can be a great addition, he can with Morales, be good middle of the order bats for us and help the young kids who show promise develop, Montero, Saunders, Ackley, Seager, Maybe even Smoak, and Bay and Ibanez can be great addition off the bench if A) Bay rebounds to pre-met form, B) Ibanez shows the cherry picked stats from his times with the Philies and the Yankees. The clutch HRs, the decent avg, the moderate power. That even if he struggles to hit 15 HR, with the other pieces working how they should, that's still makes them better from some of the horrible parts in the last 3 seasons of offense. I'm excited for Spring. But I always hold baseball in a special part of my heart that i dont do for Football, Basketball anything else....also I'm just ripped and playing The Show too.

• 2 weeks later...

Dis *Censored*. I'm just waiting for the Mariners to go ahead and finish this deal to lock Hernandez up. "Elbow" problems or not, nor shitty Boston writers talking down on him and the deal beacuse they're jealous when they should be happy it's going to keep the Yankees from getting him and raping Boston even worse over the next few years

I was gutted when the A's didn't re-sign McCarthy. Even though the rotation is pretty solid, it just sucks seeing a guy with that great a personality go. He's pretty much the only athlete not from one of my teams that I'll continue to follow on twitter.

National hero Brandon McCarthy is now with the Diamondbacks.

Now? He signed awhile ago didn't he? I think he just took over their twitter yesterday.

I was going to say. I heard about it ages ago :P.

Yankees are saving money remember lol. I would have taken Brandom McCarthy, other than that the Yankees pitching staff is set. Sabathia, the asian, Pettitte, Nova and Hughes.

Isn't the money saving something like only until the end of next season so that when the luxury tax resets, we can spend like crazy again?

National hero Brandon McCarthy is now with the Diamondbacks.

Now? He signed awhile ago didn't he? I think he just took over their twitter yesterday.

I was going to say. I heard about it ages ago :P.

Yankees are saving money remember lol. I would have taken Brandom McCarthy, other than that the Yankees pitching staff is set. Sabathia, the asian, Pettitte, Nova and Hughes.

Isn't the money saving something like only until the end of next season so that when the luxury tax resets, we can spend like crazy again?

`Probably, and Lunchie the point I was making is the Article MLB pushed was something written by some writer in Boston talking about how Felix's praise is overblown and he got called King before he ever earned it and wasnt worth it and blah blah blah and trying to make the case the M's shouldnt sign him to a longer term extension. I get the risk factor is high, especially with pitchers but Felix has shown he can keep it up so far, and he's still so young and plus the M's arent stupid with Felix, they'd make the contract similar to CC's and Lackey's where if injury happens they dont have to pay it all or can decide to opt out of the last year or so.

Also apparently, Liriano broke his arm slamming it into a door trying to scare his kids. When did he turn into Joe Mauer?

PEORIA, Ariz. -- Felix Hernandez has reached agreement on a contract extension with the Mariners, general manager Jack Zduriencik said Tuesday afternoon, and will be in Seattle for a 2 p.m. PT news conference Wednesday.

Zduriencik said details of the contract would be announced at the press conference (to be streamed live on MLB.com), but a source confirmed to MLB.com that the basic agreement is for seven years and $175 million, with some new language written in that would protect the Mariners if Hernandez misses a season with elbow problems.

Hernandez has two years and $40.5 million remaining on his current contract, but those final two years will apparently be replaced by the new deal, which extends through 2019 and will make him the highest-paid pitcher in Major League history.

Archived