Baseball Thread

Ernez

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's great :lol:!

Like is

Phil Hughes will probably have a poor game today after his last game (a complete game). I reckon you'll win today, us tomorrow.

El Capitano! 1-0!

6 hit, 2 run game isn't bad at all. Hes gonna come around.

Yeah, he did okay today. But the only pitcher I have full confidence in is Sabathia. The rest (who are active) can either be Jekyll or Hyde. I'd love to see Pineda, but I guess we'll have to wait until next year now :(.

These walk-off losses don't even stress anymore. The band aid rips off fast when the first mistake is made because their small-ball style of play demands perfection and one error becomes contagious throughout the rest of the game leading to doom. David throws the ball in the dirt and the game became irrelevant to me.

Every year the Yankees fall behind by 6 or 10 games to a surprise team like the O's or Rays and then eventually by summertime they go on a 10 or 12 game win streak and take over first. This isn't good for baseball when the Yanks can spend so much money without a cap. Even if they have a bad season and another team has good one they'll eventually reload in the off-season, something the smaller market teams can't do...

Im tired of that argument. Yankees make money and invest it right back into the team instead of pocketing the money. There are a few other teams that do the exact same thing but don't get any criticism. Detroit, Los Angeles, and Boston all have stacked line up's.

Im tired of that argument. Yankees make money and invest it right back into the team instead of pocketing the money. There are a few other teams that do the exact same thing but don't get any criticism. Detroit, Los Angeles, and Boston all have stacked line up's.

Yeah but the Yanks usually take other teams best players, which cripples that team for a few years. Yanks don't have a good farm system like the Angels so they get a ton of high profile free agents every summer. Just look at some of these guys in the past few years they got from other teams; A-Rod, Randy Johnson, Texeira, CC Sabathia, a bunch of Cuban/Dominican stars, Japanese stars also. They also don't lose their own stars like other teams. No other team ever came close to getting Jeter, Rivera, Pettite or any of their other top guys. I understand that it's their money and all and they have a right to re-invest into the team as they please but probably 20 other teams in the majors don't have this same commodity, it's quite unfair...

Yeah but the Yanks usually take other teams best players, which cripples that team for a few years. Yanks don't have a good farm system like the Angels so they get a ton of high profile free agents every summer. Just look at some of these guys in the past few years they got from other teams; A-Rod, Randy Johnson, Texeira, CC Sabathia, a bunch of Cuban/Dominican stars, Japanese stars also. They also don't lose their own stars like other teams. No other team ever came close to getting Jeter, Rivera, Pettite or any of their other top guys. I understand that it's their money and all and they have a right to re-invest into the team as they please but probably 20 other teams in the majors don't have this same commodity, it's quite unfair...

First off, if you believe that Derek Jeter or Mariano Rivera would ever be in any uniform other than pinstripes your legit insane. And for about two years Pettitte was a member of the Houston Astros. Yankees also have plenty of homegrown talent over the years, hell Jeter, Rivera and Robinson Cano are just a few of them. Also I have no idea what you are talking about the Yankees having no farm system. You can take the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees and they can beat some MLB teams. They trade all there young talent away to get people who can make a impression right away.

Plus your bitching about something that really doesn't apply as well as it did in the mid 00's. The Yankees scout now more for role players than anything. Nick Swisher, Eric Chavez and Jayson Nix are people who were doing terrible on other teams but thrive so well in the roles they are given with the Yankees.

In a year where the Nationals are in first place in the NL East and the Red Sox, who are $20 million below the Yankees in salary, are three games below below .500 and in the basement of the AL East the argument is pretty much moot. The A's proved way back when if you get the right players you can make a impact in the MLB. The Rays now a days are improving that by getting great players mixed with batshit insane manager who is willing to try anything to win.

Yet the Yankees get the criticism because they are the Yankees. Simple as that. You don't see people bitching because the Angles spent $300 million on a first basement and a pitcher.

And im afraid of RA Dickey. I hope the Yankees don't face him next time around because they have a hard time with knuckleballers to begin with and he is absolutely on fire right now.

Holy shit what a terrible call in the Yankee game, what the hell was that umpire looking at, he was standing right over the plate.

I think only a fan of a small market team would understand how frustrating it is to lose players to the likes of Boston and New York as soon as they start playing well (Swisher and Chavez weren't doing terrible in Oakland, I don't know where you got that from). Hell, the guy in my sig (Josh Reddick) will probably be gone at the deadline, so how can you get attached to any of these players when you know they'll either get traded for minor league prospects, or have the Yankees deliver a truck load of cash to their house.

Everything has to fall in place for a team like the A's or Tampa to have any success, but it's never sustained like it is for teams that have $100 million payrolls.

I think only a fan of a small market team would understand how frustrating it is to lose players to the likes of Boston and New York as soon as they start playing well (Swisher and Chavez weren't doing terrible in Oakland, I don't know where you got that from). Hell, the guy in my sig (Josh Reddick) will probably be gone at the deadline, so how can you get attached to any of these players when you know they'll either get traded for minor league prospects, or have the Yankees deliver a truck load of cash to their house.

Everything has to fall in place for a team like the A's or Tampa to have any success, but it's never sustained like it is for teams that have $100 million payrolls.

Thanks dude, glad to see someone in here gets it. I hear people always complaining about how the NBA is rigged so only the Lakers and a few other teams win, but this is kinda along the same line in that we all know that the Yanks, Sox, Mets etc. will almost always have a shot at success because they are guaranteed getting the best players on the market...

Yeah, it sucks to buy into a team that's rebuilding. You can't ever pick up a jersey because whether a player succeeds or fails, they're not going to last long with the club.

The Mets this year have Moneyball written all over them. You have a couple of big names (Wright and Santana,) but the rest are scrubs who are getting the job done. If the injury bug and Jason Bay curse would just go the *censored* away, things would be even smoother right now but I can't complain about what I see so far.

Archived