Baseball Thread

Ernez

Albert Pujols signs with the Angels. 10 year/$250 million deal. Wtf, the Angels? That came out of nowhere. I imagine Pujols will be retiring with them now considering he'll be 41 when his contract ends and there is a no trade clause.

I'm just praying that the Cubbies get Prince Fielder.

I have nothing against the Angels, but I honestly do wish that a smaller market would've been able to come up with the cash to land Pujols. LA doesn't really need this, but when a smaller city lands a major player like that, it's all around good for it's local economy. I'm glad Al didn't end up a Yankee, that would've really pissed me off big time! But this isn't a whole lot better because Albert is just another celebrity out there, but he'd mean the world to a smaller market. I was upset when Lebron left Cleveland and I hate all Cleveland sport's franchises, though the Cavs not so much since my city doesn't have a Basketball team to rival them anyway. But the big thing is that Lebron leaving hurt the economy and the people of Cleveland far worse than the team itself. At least St. Louis got a championship out of Alberto before they lost him.

Angels also pick up CJ Straightedge. It's funny that Moneyball went mainstream this year and now all these franchises are saying *censored* it.

LOL, I know right!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope the report that he wasnt taking PED, but something else that resulted in a test never before seen by MLB because that's just a happy story then he used PEDs. :( "Apparently Braun tested positive for heroin, meth, coke, and pot" something like that would be welcomed.

</h3>

<h3>Report: Braun result triggered by medication

Brewers awaiting details on superstar outfielder's appeal

MILWAUKEE -- The website TMZ.com cited "sources directly connected with Major League Baseball" in reporting on Monday that star Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun's positive test under Major League Baseball's Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Policy was triggered by medication for a private medical issue.

Braun reportedly is appealing the test result and faces a 50-game suspension if it holds up. Major League Baseball and the Brewers did not comment on the TMZ story. A spokesperson for Braun said he would not comment.

Brewers officials have mostly declined to comment on the matter since it leaked on Dec. 10 in an ESPN Outside the Lines report. On Monday, general manager Doug Melvin and assistant GM Gord Ash both said the club has been given no information about the timing of Braun's appeal.

As bizarre as it may sound, we don't know anything," Ash said. "Nobody should have known anything at this point."

The TMZ report did not specify the medication or the private medical issue in question.

Braun's representatives at CAA Sports have retained prominent attorney David Cornwell to handle the appeal, and on Friday, Cornwell appeared on CNN to criticize the "breathless coverage" of the story.

"Confidentiality was breached here, and I think we will find -- I fully expect to be able to demonstrate that Ryan did not violate the substance policy of Major League Baseball," Cornwell told CNN. "And consequently, we shouldn't be dealing with this discussion at all, but at a minimum, I urge everybody to keep an open mind and give us the chance to make our case in private."

See Braun is still our Jewero. (Hopefully. I still stand by you boy)

• 2 weeks later...

TrippingOlney Not Buster Olney: OAKLAND HAS TRADED THEIR FAN BASE TO SAN FRANCISCO FOR A BAG OF WEED TO BE NAMED LATER.

TrippingOlney Not Buster Olney WITH JOSH WILLINGHAM GONE, OAKLAND'S 2011 LEADER IN HOME RUNS WAS KURT SUZUKI WITH 14. THIS IS GONNA BE HILARIOUS.

• 3 weeks later...

Yankees had too many catcher, even though Posada is gone. They just signed Russell Martin last year who is a power hitter and they have Cervelli who is a great prospect. Hes learning how to hit better and is a pretty fast catcher. Plus he plays with his emotions on his sleeve which is great if your pitching to him.

Why the *censored* did we trade Jesus? He was a made replacement for Posada, and it's not as if we're desperate for another pitcher. Yeah, sure, Pineda is a really good player, but there are quality pitchers already at the Yankees. I do not like this trade.

Still not bought on it to be honest. Though I can't properly comment on Campos as I haven't really seen anything of him. Is he any good?

Very good top prospect, should if all works be good for Yanks

19. At 6-4, 200 pounds, Campos owns an electric 93-96 mph fastball with downward plane

The only hope the Yankees would have at Felix would of been Cano/Nova for him, and even those two wouldnt get them to trade him. He's under control till 2014 i believe, and everyone says the M's can't resign him because well they suck and Felix would want to win, but they said the same thing last time he was up for FA. Felix love Seattle, Felix owns a home in washington (Which most M's don't do) and he even said to his little girl when he signed his last contract if they have to leave seatttle and go home to Venezuela, "No. Seattle is home". (Even though that's different than moving teams) I see Felix as a Mauer type of guy, he won't leave until the team doesnt want him and Jack Z made it clear to the Yankees and everyone else, he's untouchable and the M's will keep him as long as they can.

Archived