Baseball Thread

Ernez

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at the rally and parade today.

It. Was. Nuts. It was fun. But it was nuts, which is what I expected. Great time was had overall, though.

Fox Sports is saying that it ranked at the 7th largest gathering in human history. People were in the *censored*ing TREES!!! There were some kids faith falling out of the trees too.

Now that the Cubs won the world series pretty much all the fun has been taken out of watching certain fanbases suffer, well at least for people like me. Cubs no longer are cursed, the Red Sox erased their curse in 2004, Cleveland actually won a title last year with the Cavs. I mean there are still specific teams that are suffering like the Browns and Indians but it's not that extreme yet. As a Los Angeles fan I feel for those teams though, the Dodgers might never win the WS again for the next 100 years lol.

• 1 month later...

Speaking of the Cubs, they struck a helluva deal with the Royals earlier today... Jorge Soler to the Royals, Wade Davis to the Cubs. Pretty much the dictionary definition of a win/win trade, that's pretty rare in today's market.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Shades of Cool

WAYYYY late but, I just wanted to say I'm a little glad the Dodgers lost the World Series, based on the fact of how dirty Machado was playing against the Brewers in the NLCS games.

Yup, it's the annual death in a car accident by some former player(s) south of the border. It's always tragic but it dawned on my today why this always happens at least once a year. The roads are absolutely horrible in a lot of these countries. Speaking as someone whose been to Mexico many times a lot of rural areas are paved with nothing but stones and dirt, if at all. Countries in central America are probably even worse off in this department and some of these MLB guys probably try to drive their cars there like they would in the states and it just doesn't work out.

Yup, it's the annual death in a car accident by some former player(s) south of the border. It's always tragic but it dawned on my today why this always happens at least once a year. The roads are absolutely horrible in a lot of these countries. Speaking as someone whose been to Mexico many times a lot of rural areas are paved with nothing but stones and dirt, if at all. Countries in central America are probably even worse off in this department and some of these MLB guys probably try to drive their cars there like they would in the states and it just doesn't work out.

Exellent point, maskedmaniac. I also heard that it might have been pre-meditated.

Premeditated means someone wanted them dead or a suicide? This seriously happens every year for like the last 6 or 7 years there's news of some former player or some farm system prospect that died in a car accident in some central American country. It even happened here in the United States when a rookie Angels pitcher was hit by a drunk driver and died. It just seems like it's almost always car accidents, but there have been a few airplane incidents and of course some deaths caused by firearms or kidnappings.

• 4 months later...

Lack of activity here makes me sad.. But regarding the last few posts, seriously, the roads down in central america are awful that mixed with the potential for cartel activity down there it makes for a bad cocktail.

On a less serious note, I got Yellich and Bellinger hitting 45+ home runs this year. These guys are just raking right now.

• 8 months later...

What does everybody think about the Astros cheating scandal? MLB should honestly strip them of the title and take away whatever MVP trophies the players got. Same for the RedSox if true.

To be radically honest, it's a disgrace to the game. Alex Cora was the ring leader behind it, and because of him, Hinch, Luhnow, and now Beltran all got canned. I'm not sure If it's as bad as the Black Sox scandal, but it's pretty close.

What does everybody think about the Astros cheating scandal? MLB should honestly strip them of the title and take away whatever MVP trophies the players got. Same for the RedSox if true.

I think it's one huge black eye for the franchise, and should be quite the feat trying to dig themselves out from under that PR nightmare.

Stripping them of the title should be the first logical step, if that is an option.

In college (USC Football comes to mind) when a team breaks the rules the team loses it's national championship and the players get stripped of their individual awards. That should be same thing in this case, vacate the World Series, even as a hometown Dodgers supporter I would rather they vacate it then give it to the Dodgers. Also take away the MVP award from Altuve or whoever won it for the Astros and suspend the major players involved for a year or in Coras case for life. Same thing for the Red Sox, but there's a snowballs chance in hell that would ever happen, no way MLB would vacate it's champion for two years in a row. They got lucky the Astros lost to the Nationals otherwise it would have been 3 straight years the cheaters won.

Archived