Baseball Thread

Ernez

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tebow isn't doing any harm if he gives it his all, he has a baseball background and his critics always called him a "good athlete, not football player" so what could he do? Try his second favorite sport at a less advanced level. It's not like what Punk did by going straight to the majors.

This is coming from a Mets fan, too. I'm sure he could give the kids some wisdom of playing through adversity, too.

I personally don't see the harm in the Mets signing Tebow to a minor league deal. That is unless, next year if he is still there or with any team for that matter, he gets called up before someone who is more deserving.

I mean I can see that happening because of his name and he would sell tickets but it would really suck if he got the call over someone more deserving because of his name.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a die hard Cardinals fan. Always have been. Since they were eliminated I will be rooting for the Cubs. I know they are out biggest rivals and as a Cards fan I probably shouldn't root for them but I can't help it.

They haven't won a World Series since 1908 and what they did during the regular season I believe it's time and they deserve it.

I'm a die hard Cardinals fan. Always have been. Since they were eliminated I will be rooting for the Cubs. I know they are out biggest rivals and as a Cards fan I probably shouldn't root for them but I can't help it.

They haven't won a World Series since 1908 and what they did during the regular season I believe it's time and they deserve it.

Makes me wish more (local) Cardinals fans were wired like you... sometimes, it's just too much to deal with. lol

Congrats on the Dodgers on advancing to job to the Cubs.

Not if Joe Buck gets his Christmas wish from Santa granted a few months early... the guy single handedly ruins every sports telecast that I try watching.

Joe Buck wants the Dodgers to win?

Take a listen to one of the games... it almost sounds like he needs to be toweled off anytime the Dodgers score a run, steal a base, make a great defensive play, etc. etc.

"Smoltzie... where's my towel?"

Archived