Rugby League / NRL Thread

Fried

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So has anyone found out what's gonna happen to Blair and Stewart? I heard that Blair may miss the Playoffs and the Finals, as well as possibly 2 Kiwis games. Stewart faces the Judiciary tonight.

Also, they've named the Toyota Cup Team of the Year:

http://www.nrl.com/toyota-cup-team-of-the-year/tabid/10874/newsid/64496/default.aspx

Stewart has been found guilty by the NRL Judiciary, and will be suspended for 3 games, and may miss the Finals if Manly make it there.

Blairs played his last game for Melbourne. He'll be a Tiger next year I think.

Both Stewart's would be back should Manly get to the final. I think that's how it worked out.

Laurie Daley made a joke on NRL on Fox on Wednesday.

"Don't let Parramatta take your dog for a walk. They can't hold onto a lead." :lol:

Blair got 3 weeks for the all-in brawl and another 2 for striking.

I think Manly pulled one out of the bag. They asked for an extension because their lawyer pulled out hours before they were supposed to go up before the board. Apparently there was a disagreement there because Stewart was going to plead not guilty.

So Blair went up first, pleading guilty. After that with Stewarts hearing being delayed until the day after Blair's they knew that if they changed his plea to guilty the only charge he could get would be 3 weeks.

So for me I see it as either a really smart move or they played the judiciary to their advantage. But you know how I feel about Manly so take a guess. :lol:

I think Stewarts charge should of been closer to the 5 weeks anyway.

Big final round of football this weekend. I think each game will have some bearing on either the top 8 or the wooden spoon.

St George vs Penrith WIN Stadium

Newcastle vs Souths Ausgrid Stadium (winner of this game will get 8th place)

New Zealand Warriors vs North Queensland Mt Smart Stadium

Cronulla vs West Tigers Toyata Stadium

Gold Coast vs Parra Skilled Park

Bulldogs vs Canberra ANZ Stadium

Brisbane vs Manly Suncorp Stadium

Roosters vs Melbourne Sydney Football Stadium

No Monday night footy.

I'm just glad that Stewart will be able to play in the Finals if the Sea Eagles make it. And with the way the Warriors are playing, I don't think they'll make the Finals.

I hope the Warriors can beat the Cowboys. And obviously, I hope the Sea Eagles beat the Broncos. And if the Sea Eagles can win their last games, and the Storm lose one of their games, the Sea Eagles will win the minor Premiership.

It's the final round this weekend so Manly need to beat Brisbane on Sunday by a margin of 35 points or more and Melbourne need to loose. If Melbourne win they'll win the minor premership with a total of 44 points. Manly have 40 points at the moment.

I think the Warriors are almost assured of being 7th place with 30 points. The Knights and Rabbitohs game will decide 8th place.

I think thats the way its happening but I might be wrong.

St George 32 Penrith 13

Newcastle 40 Souths 24

Souths gone for the year. Newcastle make it to the finals in 8th place.

Dragons currently sitting 4th (home ground playoff).

Dragons need Tigers to lose to Cronulla and the Warriors to beat the Cowboys to hold onto 4th spot. The lowest they can drop is 6th.

New Zealand Warriors 18 North Queensland 6

Cronulla 22 West Tigers 30

Gold Coast 12 Parramatta 32

Earlier today

Bulldogs 36 Canberra 22.

Parramattas victory meant they avoided the wooden spoon and jumped above the Raiders who lost to the Bulldogs. Bulldogs miss out on the 8.

I think the finals next week will be

Storm vs Knights

Manly vs Cowboys

Brisbane vs Warriors

Tigers vs Dragons

Games still to play Brisbane vs Manly

Roosters vs Melbourne later tonight.

Tigers vs Dragons should be a good game. Also, apparently the Sea Eagles won't be playing their first round game at Brookvale Oval. Something about "home cities". I don't exactly know what that means. All I know, is that the Sea Eagles won't be playing at the Oval.

Also, the Roosters thump the Storm 40-8. But it doesn't matter, as the Broncos beat Manly 18-10.

The home ground thing is I think something they've introduced this year.

Brookvale Oval has a capacity of maybe 20,000 whereas Sydney Football Stadium has a capacity of 45,000. The NRL excuse is that people would miss out on tickets but I guess they double their gate when they move it to the larger ground.

It's a shame I think because it seems apart from having a second chance there's no home ground advantage.

Big win for Roosters. I think Melbourne rested Slater and Cam Smith. They might have a few injuries coming out of that game too.

Think I heard Thaiday and the Broncos won't contest the charge so he'll be out 2 weeks. Depending on how Brisbane go in the finals he might of played his last game for the year.

Billy Slater won the Dally M Medal last night beating Benji by 2 points. Other awards were heavily dominated by the Melbourne Storm. Bellamy coach of the year. Cam Smith won a few awards too.

Yep, Thaiday will miss 2 weeks. I really hope the Warriors can beat the Broncos. Though even if the Warriors lose, they can still survive if the Cowboys and Knights lose.

I would have given the award to Marshall, but eh, nothing we can do about it now.

Apparently the Broncos/Warriors game could be the game of the round, according to NRL.com.

If the Warriors can beat the Bronco's they'll go a long way I think. I think the emotional stuff with Lockyers last games might be enough to get them over the line. Sorry man. :D

Looking forward to Fridays game. I think Dragons have a good chance. Maybe if they don't put their full focus on Benji he might be forced to do everything himself. I think when he has that expectation to perform behind a pack that's not moving forward he get's a bit frazzled.

Well, that's what I'm hoping anyway.

I don't see St. George beating the Tigers since they haven't been playing well during the late season. The Broncos vs Warriors game could be won by either of them as they're both doing great. Knights have no chance against the Storm and with Brett, Hopoate and Foran back Manly are probably going to win in a tight game.

Sea Eagles supporter by the way.

I don't see St. George beating the Tigers since they haven't been playing well during the late season. The Broncos vs Warriors game could be won by either of them as they're both doing great. Knights have no chance against the Storm and with Brett, Hopoate and Foran back Manly are probably going to win in a tight game.

Sea Eagles supporter by the way.

That's the only part I really read. Glad I'm not the only one.

Archived