Rugby League / NRL Thread

Fried

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do you feel bad for Tomkins?

From what I've seen of him play for the Warriors he's quite a talented footballer.

I still love watching the Warriors play. I think they play entertaining football. Now that the Dragons are practically gone for the year I'm looking forward to Souths and Warriors.

He's a great player but that's the thing, sometimes it seems that he's the only guy playing his heart out. Him and Vatuvei. It just seems that he went from playing with a great set of players with a winning attitude to the opposite.

Against the Knights, Warriors were 6 points away from at least going to golden point. Thomkins makes an amazing run only for his efforts to get screwed up.

Coming from a Warriors fan by the way lol

I get that with the Warriors a bit too. I think when it works for them early they'll play great and there's not a team that could match them but if it doesn't happen, if a magical pass doesn't connect or they get a shody penalty or whatever, they'll drop their bundle a bit. Not a major issue as I think it's something that happens to a few other teams as well but really when the Warriors are on there's no better team to watch.

Feel a bit bad for Fuifui too. Wasn't picked for Parra in their last home game and what would of been his last game for the club at home.

Yeah it's like they're either going to play great or very mediocre, one or the other lol I'm really not sure what they need to click, Mannering is an okay captain but I don't think he has as much influence as say when Pricey or Ruben captained them. He's fine bit I'm unsure.

Yeah I noticed that, I'm sure the crowd would have loved to see him play his last game, I mean everybody knows who he is and whatnot.

What's your team btw?

I'm Dragons. Grew up just down the road from Kogarah stadium and spent a bit of time there as a kid.

Looking forward to the Warriors vs Easts this weekend.

Also, wrong topic I know, looking forward to the Bledisloe from Eden Park on Saturday. Australia to break the 20 year Eden Park record. All Blacks to crush Australia (unfortunately).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Souths vs Bulldogs NRL Grand Final. Sunday night.

Seeing a lot of Souths flags out here even though it sure is a long way from Redfern. I hope they do it. Been 47 years or something since they won anything.

Not my team but I'm glad Souths won it. Some inspirational stuff there from Sam Burgess breaking his cheekbone in the first tackle and playing on. Not just playing on but still giving it everything. All Burgess boys were great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

South Sydney Rabbitohs 38 - St Helens 0. Just after half time.

Also *Censored* the Titans. It's always the same shit. Before the season kicks off these drongos ruin the game. This time Bird and Taylor have been served notice as being involved in the sale, distribution and possession of cocaine joining Karlmichael Hunt of the Queensland Red's Union.

South Sydney Rabbitohs 38 - St Helens 0. Just after half time.

Also *Censored* the Titans. It's always the same shit. Before the season kicks off these drongos ruin the game. This time Bird and Taylor have been served notice as being involved in the sale, distribution and possession of cocaine joining Karlmichael Hunt of the Queensland Red's Union.

All it is is the police focusing on high profile arrests instead of arresting the dude who supplied them and is actually selling cocaine. They aren't the first famous people to do cocaine.

And by that I mean the media focusing on their minor arrests that will probably be thrown out of court. The media in aus is so hungry for scandal they don't give a damn if it has a legit base. I could be wrong but the media makes mountains out of mole hills too much.

I hope that is the case, that it's get thrown out of court.

And the people writing about, these *censored*ing "journalists" from the Daily Telegraph, should have a real long think about what this persistent focus really does for the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Hunt pleaded guilty, fined $2,500 with no conviction. Fined $30,000 by the Reds, striped of vice captancy and banned from playing for six weeks.

Bronocs still have a lot of work to do. Souths roll on.

Plead guilty for possession, whole situation is stupid. I could probably charge 30% of the whole australian sports scene with drug possession and the whole distribution charge was a load of shit made up to make it seem worse and the media made them seem like drug king pins.

• 6 months later...

Archived