Rugby League / NRL Thread

Fried

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so glad the Cowboys and the Dragons lost (sorry dude). This means the Warriors are in the top 4. The only problem with this, is that if the Warriors get a semifinal game, Auckland will be backed up, as on the same night, the All Blacks have a game.

For who I support, obviously I go for the Warriors. But I also go for the Sea Eagles (while I support both teams, the Sea Eagles are my top team).

As for who I want in the Finals, as long as it's not the Storm or the Broncos, I'm all good. Oh, and the Cowboys.

Heh...I hate Manly. I hate that side of town. I hate Hassler and I hate his shitty blowdried haircut. I don't say it lightly but I really do hate Manly. I follow St George which is where I grew up and I've got a soft spot for Souths. They've got quite the roll on atm but face Brisbane up in Brisbane this weekend. Then Newcastle the week after in what will probably decide the 8th spot in the finals.

Physical game last night Newcastle vs Broncos.

It's gonna be interesting what they do if the Warriors get a home final on the night of the World Cup opening ceremony & All Blacks game. I saw Steve Price on the tele last night and he said expect a lot of All Black tickets to be sold on ebay (or whatever the Kiwi equilvalent is) if it's confirmed that the Warriors do get a home final. I dunno though, Unions huge down there compared to League isn't it?

Hey man, I love Hassler's hair :P Been a fan since 1995, or whatever year I got Sea Eagles bedsheets (it was 1995 or 1996, and stuck with them). I also had a Tigers lunchbox when I was kid as well. I think I might have had a Panthers lunchbox or drink bottle as well.

Anyhoo, yeah the Sea Eagles are my team, and I hope they can win it this season, if the Warriors can't. I mean, while I would like to see the Sea Eagles win their 8th title, I'd like to see the Warriors win their first more.

The NZ equivalent is TradeMe. But yeah, there will be a lot of tickets on there. Though I think they're trying to stop scalpers selling tickets online.

And yeah, Rugby Union is huge here in NZ. If it's not the All Blacks, it's the Super 15. And if it's not the Super 15, it's the ITM Cup. It's a bit of a Rugby Union overhaul. That's why I prefer NRL. We get it each year, but nowhere near as much. Plus, they play the Warriors games each week. And then there's also Manly Night Monday on Maori TV. Which means if I miss a game, I can see it on Monday night. Plus, because Benji Marshall is the top Kiwi, we also get Tigers games quite a bit.

I'm not knocking you but I'll knock your team. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WK0fb6kwcg

That's one reason why I don't like Manly. Not just because it was against St George. He's just a dirty player. I seem to remember a AUS vs NZ test where he smashed Slater very late without the ball too.

Also I don't like the way they handled the thing with Stewart. They say they're over it but they still go on about it. Blah Blah Gallop's got to apologise, all that shit about Stewarts soul needing to be cleansed WTF.

And I just hate that area of Sydney.

Story in the paper today is that Gallops off to the Melbourne vs Manly game on Friday night. Going to get a bit of a frosty reception there from both sides. :lol:

Couple of big games this weekend.

Manly vs Melbourne at Brookvale Friday night. I have to go for Melbourne although Manly are favourites at home.

Looking forward to both Sunday games too.

St George Illawarra vs New Zealand at WIN stadium

&

Brisbane vs Souths at Suncorp.

Plus the Tri-nations decider.

Manly is unbeaten at home this season. I have a feeling that may end this weekend. I however, want the Sea Eagles to beat the Storm.

Even though the Dragons are in a slump, the Warriors are very patchy at times. They'll win a few games, and then lose a few. However, if they can beat the Dragons, it'll solidify them into the top 4 (even more if they already have).

I'm hoping the Dragons lift up for the Warriors. I'm not 100% sure but if Dragons win their next two they've got a chance at finishing 5th.

Gonna be a good game tonight. My tips Melbourne. Last week against St George I think it was 8-6 or something in the end but not once did I think Melbourne were going to loose it. Dragons didn't have anything in attack. Melbourne had suffocating defense.

And I go for any team that plays against Manly. :P

I like this quote, which I got off the Sea Eagles Wiki page:

There is a saying in Rugby League: 'Every week, you go for two teams: your team, and the team Manly is playing against'

Kinda hard for me, when the Sea Eagles are my #1 team, with the Warriors being #2 :lol: As for the Warriors, I really hope they win against the Dragons. But it's gonna be very hard, as the Warriors are winless in Wollongong.

Apparently Wellington, NZ is one of the top bids to get one of the expansion teams. Man, if NZ gets another NRL team, that'd be great. I'd still support the Warriors though.

That'd be cool for a second nz team. They got the players down there and I think, the same with union, players should play for their country of birth. Like Benji should be playing down there. I think they should give Perth and Adelaide another chance. Without it I don't think they can call it a national comp.

The only thing I like about manly is Sarah Murdoch. Heh...

Sarah Murdoch is nice :nod: I believe my fave Aussie model (Rachel Burr) is a Tigers fan.

Apparently Wellington and Christchurch are the 2 places in NZ with bids to get a new NRL team. Unfortunately, I think it'll go to Wellington if a second NZ team is to be born. AMI Stadium (home of the Crusaders and Canterbury rugby teams) is still down since February, and won't be open at all in 2012.

A 1-point loss to the Panthers...ouch. And I needed the Cowboys to lose to the Sharks, so that the Warriors could keep 4th position. So that means they're gonna have to beat the Dragons, and hope the Tigers lose to the Titans. The game against the Dragons will be hard though, as the Warriors haven't won in Wollongong in 15 years.

WTF is happening to the Dragons. Kicked off on the full twice. They're lucky to still be in it with only 20 minutes gone. FFS.

I personally don't mind a bit of a fight on the field but I think on Fridays Melbourne vs Manly game it looked really ugly. After they got sin binned and were walking to the sheds I thought they were having a laugh about it. I know they're brothers and all but it didn't look good the way the players ran from the try line to half way to break it up.

That aside though I thought Manly were dominant but I think some heads are going to roll and I don't think it's gonna go in Manlys favour.

NZW vs NQ next week.

Hoping Tigers loose against Gold Coast tonight. :shifty:

Tigers could jump over Warriors and Dragons and maybe Cowboys if they win convincingly.

heh...I can dream.

Tigers are gonna to smash them tonight.

I think the drawed game Dragons had with Parramatta earlier in the year is going to make things interesting.

1. Storm 42 points 245 Points differential

2. Sea Eagles 40 points 216 PD

3. Broncos 38 points 131 PD

4. Cowboys 32 points 64 PD

5. Dragons 31 points 122 PD

6. Warriors 30 points 99 PD

7. Tigers 30 points 52 PD * playing tonight

8. Knights 26 points 19 PD

9. Rabbitohs 26 points -15 PD

10. Bulldogs 26 points -54 PD

Manly vs Brisbane should be a good game.

I don't know what sort of team Manly's going to be able to get together. Both Melbourne and Manly fined $50,000 (I think both are going to contest it), Glenn Stewart and Adam Blair referred straight to judiciary and another 8 players charged.

Full judiciary report

Judiciary report from Round 25

Glenn Stewart (Sea Eagles) Contrary conduct – fighting (referred)

Adam Blair (Storm) Contrary conduct – fighting (referred)

Adam Blair (Storm) Striking – grade 2

Sisa Waqa (Storm) Detrimental conduct – grade 2

Bryan Norrie (Storm) Detrimental conduct – grade 1

Jaiman Lowe (Storm) Detrimental conduct – grade 1

Sika Manu (Storm) Detrimental conduct – grade 1

Darcy Lussick (Sea Eagles) Contrary conduct – grade 4

Brett Stewart (Sea Eagles) Contrary conduct – grade 3

Keiran Foran (Sea Eagles) Contrary conduct – grade 2

Michael Robertson (Sea Eagles) Contrary conduct – grade 1

Joel Thompson (Raiders) Careless high tackle – grade 1

Storm vs Manly final would be alright with their recent and past history taken into account.

Tigers vs Manly would be another good one.

But I'm still hoping the Dragons can pull it together.

Bad news for Souths with GI gone for the year.

Archived