just played All Stars for the first time

SproilerBlotch

i dont have all the buttons down i know how to punch, kick, run, grapple, and pin. but i cant reverse, do my finisher, get out of the ring or pick up weapons

Ah ok let's see.. what console do you have? Sorry if you said it and I missed it.. anyway, basic controls:

X or [] = Light punch

A or x = light grapple

B or O = Strong Grapple

Y or Triangle = Strong Punch

RB or R1 = Block and reverse punches

LB or L1 = Reverse grapple attempts

RB or LB = Reverse grapple mid move.. like when you see the prompts come up in the middle of an animation. Requires timing, so you need to learn that a little.

Signature move = A + X or B + Y on XBox.. you need one of those star bars to use one.

Finisher move = RB + LB to do the taunt, the once you done that, RB and LB again to use the finisher. You gain finisher bar by doing sigs and grapples.

Stand next to the ring apron on the outside, hold the stick away from the ring and press LT or L2 = Grab chair from underneath the ring.

The key to basic combat is to start with a few light punches, then throw in a grapple.. a standard combo for every character is Light punch, Light punch, light grapple. Try that and then expand to other combo's.

I can get into advanced stuff if you want to.. but that's basic stuff right there.

Forgot some things though lol

LT or L2 = get on the turnbuckle and out of the ring

RT or R2 = Run. Drains the signature meter

light grab, then RT or R2 = light irish whip

strong grab, then RT or R2 = strong irish whip (throws opponent out of the ring and if you aim for the corner, he'll be stuck in the corner)

If there's more things you wanna know, just ask..

I'm not trying to flame but i wish i would have saved the money. the game is just so tedious and the wrestlers don't even look real (except for Sgt. slaughter)it is way too hard to unlock everything and it gets to be repetitive after a while. not to mention that the caw creation mode is so limited that it doesn't even allow you to make a believable character. just be glad you rented it first so you don't waste money on the cost of the game.i'm on ps2 by the way so there is no dlc.

I'm not trying to flame but i wish i would have saved the money. the game is just so tedious and the wrestlers don't even look real (except for Sgt. slaughter)it is way too hard to unlock everything and it gets to be repetitive after a while. not to mention that the caw creation mode is so limited that it doesn't even allow you to make a believable character. just be glad you rented it first so you don't waste money on the cost of the game.i'm on ps2 by the way so there is no dlc.

Same as you, not trying to flame, just going to look at your post here..

1. What do you mean by tedious?

2. They're not supposed to look real, they did that on purpose.

3. Unlocking DOES get repetitive after a while, however it keeps replay value because if you could unlock everything in 10 matches, it would get boring a lot faster.

4. CAW mode isn't AS limited on the current-gen consoles.

5. The real replayability of this game lies in the online multiplayer. I don't think last-gen versions have that, correct me if I'm wrong.

Considering I'm on the 360 and don't like playing online, yeah, agree with the guy that said it's tedious and a waste of money. Only picked it up myself last friday and so far having beat the Tag and Legend paths as Cena and Warrior, I'm bored already.

I did enjoy it briefly once I could figure out how to actually hit my finisher but blocking is still a problem and I dunno, I hate most of the Superstars side of the roster in real life anyway so not looking forward to playing as any of them to unlock their alternate attire.

i mean i cant win anything, there's no training mode or anything i didn't know anything about the controles or anything (i know you're gonna say Read the Booklet) but i got it from Gamefly because i wanted to see how it was. so could anybody give me some tips?

LOL you played this game now LOL where have you been all these months living under a rock or something your pathetic.

i mean i cant win anything, there's no training mode or anything i didn't know anything about the controles or anything (i know you're gonna say Read the Booklet) but i got it from Gamefly because i wanted to see how it was. so could anybody give me some tips?

LOL you played this game now LOL where have you been all these months living under a rock or something your pathetic.

why am i pathetic? i just got the game because for 1 reason i had no money, 2, there are no video stores around me anymore so i couldn't rent it and 3, it didn't seem that great at the time

What the living *censored* is your problem?

Someone better lock this, if someone has specific questions just let them make a new thread or PM me or another user that posts a lot about this game.

Archived