Bret Hart On His Relationship With HBK, Randy Savage & Owen Not Being In HOF

Mr. Carlton

Bret Hart On His Relationship With HBK, Randy Savage & Owen Not Being In HOF

By Daniel Pena

Aug 19, 2011 - 10:22:31 PM

WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart spoke with WrestlingVoice.net promoting his upcoming tour of Ireland with American Wrestling Rampage. Highlights from the interview are as follows:

His relationship with Shawn Michaels: “I suspected from the very beginning that me and Shawn, our handshake, would be more BS than anything else and that we were still going to loath each other and hate each others guts for the rest of our lives, but the truth is that he was very humbled and grateful that I was willing to forgive everything and the reality is we were able to become good friends since then. Knowing that it really meant something to him, meant something to me and we actually have a really good friendship now.

"I think Shawn was always a bit of a prima donna and I didn’t think he’d be sincere when he shook my hand and the gratification I get over a few weeks and months after that, you could really see it was a weight lifted of his back and he seemed appreciative and grateful that we could be on good terms again.â€

His match with Vince McMahon and his in-ring performances since then: “I thought it was perfect, I loved having my family out there, I loved having my brothers and sisters play the lumberjacks and I think fans got what they wanted even though it wasn’t the old Bret Hart, but the truth is I’m never gonna be that Bret Hart, the technical wrestler, I’m basically gonna be more of a character for the rest of my career, my days of taking suplexes and diving over the top rope are over.â€

Harry Smith’s recent release: “It’s unfortunate, but these things happen, you might look at it as a setback but you might look at it as a blessing in disguise, I think he’s a great talent, but needs to reinvent himself and by stepping away from WWE might be a nice break, but I don’t doubt that in time he’ll be back in WWE. He’s still young and a great talent.

"He needs to step away and look to reinvent himself, my brother Owen left the company years ago when he was wrestling as the Blue Blazer and he got out of WWE and did some different tours and promotions and then came back a couple years later and found the footing he was looking for when he came back.â€

Being placed #4 behind Steve Austin, The Undertaker & Shawn Michaels on WWE’s 50 Greatest Superstars of All Time DVD: “I beat Steve Austin every time I worked with him throughout my career and yet he he’s graded above him, so figure that out. I could give you a list of 50 wrestlers and it would have credibility because I would have an idea but some guy that’s working for WWE Magazine that makes it up frankly, he can kiss my ass, he doesn’t know anything.â€

Randy Savage and Owen Hart’s absence from the WWE Hall of Fame: “It’s not much of a Hall of Fame without Macho Man in it, and Owen belongs in there as much as me or my Dad, so I think it’s only a matter of time.â€

Other topics include his highlights from his last run with WWE, who he would like to work with from today’s talent, his favorite and least memorable matches as well as his upcoming rivalry DVD featuring himself and Shawn Michaels.

The audio interview can be accessed here.

Source is here. Lords of Pain

Are we doing this Promo wise? Wrestling/Technical wise? or Both of them? i'd go

1.Hogan

2.Undertaker

3 Shawn Michaels/Bret Hart

4.Steve Austin

5.Triple H..

6.Cena (As much as we dislike Cena because "hes the front of a company thats PG" or his 5MoD we still have to realize that no matter what. he'll be in the WWE for his whole life and atleast be the 6th top wrestler ever)

I'll probably get heat for one of these but i honestly think these 3 should be here. somewhere (Numbers can be changed)

7.Eddie Guerrero

8.Rey Mysterio

9.Chris Beniot

I've just recently finishing read Brets book, it's really heart-warming to see him and HBK friends after everything, Bret was so damn bitter throughout his book about Shawn, I urge everyone to read it if you haven't its a great read really touching and Bret reveals a whole lot.

Owen and the HOF has to happen eventually, I believes it's Owens widow that refuses it to happen though I could be wrong, I just remember reading that somewhere around the time Bret was inducted years ago.

The top 5 should have been:

1. Shawn Michaels
  2. Stone Cold
  3. Hulk Hogan
  4. Triple H
  5. The Undertaker

I'm a huge HBK mark, but objectively I don't see how anyone couldn't rank Stone Cold or Hogan as # 1and 2 (either one could qualify as #1). I mean, if you're going by popularity, influence on the business and mainstream recognition, i.e. who were the biggest stars. Of course not by actual wrestling ability, or you'd have a list of only technical wrestlers who weren't nearly as big names.

Archived