The Official Anime and Manga Discussion Thread

Misatouki

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

So Code Geass episode 12 shows a girl masturbating to a picture of the queen. ...uhh okay then

That certainly didn't freak me the *Censored* out

Still not really any likeable characters. Feel like Suzaku should be the good guy. Seems like a Death Note situation where we follow the bad guy's story

Also weird no one knows who Zero is when he isn't changing his voice lol

Code Geass pissed me the *Censored* off

That kill all the Japanese shit. Yuffy going down as a serial killing traiter pissed me off. Should've just ended the show witht hem working together, or Zero does the betrayal and the war stuff then happens. The way they'd done it pissed me off. Mayb eif he did it on purpose it'd be better but he didnt, it was an accident. He could've at least brainwashed everyone into forgetting she did it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I just after a months long Danganronpa kick, I just finished marathoning the Danganronpa 3 anime. And I gotta say that was a wild ass ride.

I actually teared up at Kyoko's death which was a first for me.

Also, I still wish Danganronpa 1 would've ended with Byakuya or somebody shanking Junko's ass. Like Byakuya just gets tired of Junko's BS puts one of Toko's scissors right in her face or wherever.

Chisa was...sad honestly.

I had absolutely no sympathy for Sakukura or whatever his name was. Dude was an asshole who pushed Hajime into becoming Kamakura and he let Junko, a psychopathic killer who made an entire class kill each other and caused a massive riot and the tragedy, go all because he was scared people would find out he was gay.

Chiaki was awesome and both her executions (which in and of itself hurt) got to me.

I'll likely just watch a LP of V3.

So I just after a months long Danganronpa kick, I just finished marathoning the Danganronpa 3 anime. And I gotta say that was a wild ass ride.

I actually teared up at Kyoko's death which was a first for me.

Also, I still wish Danganronpa 1 would've ended with Byakuya or somebody shanking Junko's ass. Like Byakuya just gets tired of Junko's BS puts one of Toko's scissors right in her face or wherever.

Chisa was...sad honestly.

I had absolutely no sympathy for Sakukura or whatever his name was. Dude was an asshole who pushed Hajime into becoming Kamakura and he let Junko, a psychopathic killer who made an entire class kill each other and caused a massive riot and the tragedy, go all because he was scared people would find out he was gay.

Chiaki was awesome and both her executions (which in and of itself hurt) got to me.

I'll likely just watch a LP of V3.

V3 is worth playing

and I liked Chisa

What order did you watch it? you were technically supposed to watch one episode of each arc one by one, but I just watched watch arc all at once lol

The Imposter is the best character in all of DR

I watched in alternating order like recommended.

Also, I like Chisa, that's why I find her sad. She was a good person, then [spoiler/] she gets caught and *censored* up by Junko trying to save her students and then she's killed off at the very beginning of the future arc. I also didn't like the brainwashing stuff. It felt really cheap for Chisa. I would've preferred if Junko had just got into her head and converted her to her side. It would've made the whole thing where it's revealed she's the one who murdered those kids mean a lot more. I didn't really like it with the Despairs either. At the very least Chisa should've been shown trying to break free from it, but ultimately failing. That way, I could at least feel a bit bad for her.

Anyone watch Overlord?

SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLATSPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLATSPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT

Watching in alternate seems like it'd be weird and annoying and wouldn't make much sense tbh

I watched the prequel, then the sequel. Made Chisa's instant death more heartbreaking

Guest Fight Me.

Anyone else having trouble getting tickets for the My Hero Academia: Two Heroes movie? I'm happy for them that it's selling out, but damn. :(

How long afterwards are these limited time in theaters movies out shortly on DVD/Blu-Ray?

Anyone else having trouble getting tickets for the My Hero Academia: Two Heroes movie? I'm happy for them that it's selling out, but damn. :(

How long afterwards are these limited time in theaters movies out shortly on DVD/Blu-Ray?

Usually around 6 months

Guest Fight Me.

Wasn't expecting the season finale of MHA to be this past weekend. Now I'm really upset I missed the movie, would've been a perfect way to cap off this season. :(

Also...I'm about to start One Piece for the first time. I know it's like 800+ episodes and counting so...wish me luck lol.

Wasn't expecting the season finale of MHA to be this past weekend. Now I'm really upset I missed the movie, would've been a perfect way to cap off this season. :(

Also...I'm about to start One Piece for the first time. I know it's like 800+ episodes and counting so...wish me luck lol.

After time skip, if you ever get there, go with the manga version. Because Toei took a huge dump on the animation quality, aswell as the episode structure. (One chapter, sometimes less, in one episode with no filler)

Still less episodes, and probably less filler, than Pokemon

Pokemon isn't a manga adaptation, is it?

No, but it's loosly based on the games with Ash in place of the protag

but filler is still filler wheter it's manga or not. If there's an episode focused on Ash really wanting to get a sandwich and then he gets it after 20 mins after beating Team Rocket who stole it from him after buying it

that's a filler episode lmao

filler =/= "not in the manga/game/whatever"

filler is an episode that doesn't contribute to the plot

Hell, manga can have filler too. Manga isnt some goldy thing that everything in it is jizz worthy and not filler. If Luffy has an episode in the manga where all he does is talk about how much he likes pie, thats filler

Jesus christ. A simple "No" would have done aswell.

Not being based on a manga usually means less need of filler. That's all I was getting at.

One Piece has far less filler than most other manga adaptions. Atleast on a episode ratio. That's kinda one of the biggest issues with the OP anime atm. Never ever have I seen a fandom celebrate the announcement of a filler arc more than the most recent OP one, even though it only lasted 1.5 episodes

The anime is almost caught up with the manga and as I said...1 or less chapters per episode is not good. There is a desperate need (and demand) of a break or a mega filler arc.

I've actually heard that "One Piece needs more filler arcs" thing for a few years funnily enough, I guess it's the one fanbase that actually likes them lol

Archived