The Official Anime and Manga Discussion Thread

Misatouki

Finished Welcome To The NHK, I'd recommend it. It's really quite sad, the story can be funny at times but It isn't really a comedy.

The last episode really got to me, the one person he finally found that he really cared for, was going to kill herself. I was on edge until he saved her....

I loved it. A funny thing is that whenever I want to annoy my neighbor (who is a dickhead in the first place), I blast Puru Puru Pururin for a few hours. :shifty:

I don't understand all the talk of making Elfen Lied to be this super fricked up anime. It has it's moments of "OMGWTFIGOH?!", but there are far more messed up anime. Take a look at Higurashi if you'd like.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished Welcome To The NHK, I'd recommend it. It's really quite sad, the story can be funny at times but It isn't really a comedy.

The last episode really got to me, the one person he finally found that he really cared for, was going to kill herself. I was on edge until he saved her....

I loved it. A funny thing is that whenever I want to annoy my neighbor (who is a dickhead in the first place), I blast Puru Puru Pururin for a few hours. :shifty:

I don't understand all the talk of making Elfen Lied to be this super fricked up anime. It has it's moments of "OMGWTFIGOH?!", but there are far more messed up anime. Take a look at Higurashi if you'd like.

Take safe search off and search Waio Guro....It's lulzy.

Only part that really stood out to me as WTF in Elfen Lied, was the part where Lucy cut off the arms and legs of the other diclonius with the purple hair. Can't remember her name for some reason, but yeah like the way she sliced off her body parts was pretty brutal. Ao no exorcist is a badass anime.

Love Puru Puru Pururin, song is so catchy. Hm, were Satou and Misaki actually like, together at the end of the show? I'm confused

Yeah, both Lucy/Nyuu and Nana had pink hair.

Take safe search off and search Waio Guro....It's lulzy.

Only part that really stood out to me as WTF in Elfen Lied, was the part where Lucy cut off the arms and legs of the other diclonius with the purple hair. Can't remember her name for some reason, but yeah like the way she sliced off her body parts was pretty brutal. Ao no exorcist is a badass anime.

Love Puru Puru Pururin, song is so catchy. Hm, were Satou and Misaki actually like, together at the end of the show? I'm confused

I like Ao no Exorcist, I'm on the most recent episode (23) and things sure are becoming more interesting. I'm not all that into it like I was with Steins;Gate, but it's worth a watch.

Yes, they were together at the end. I think the manga explains the ending a little better, but I can't say I remember. Another thing about NHK is (for those who don't know), my username is a mix of Misaki and Satou.

I was mostly thinking of the girl that ran away getting sexually abused by her stepdad when I said it was *censored*ed up.

I don't think it was mentioned in the anime.

My bad, but wait. Wasn't there a blonde one? At the end, the one in the wheelchair. I may be wrong again, can't *censored*ing remember.

Does Stein's Gate have romance? hqhq

You mean Mariko/#35? She was Kurama's daughter and was suppose to be the most powerful diclonius. She was pink-haired as well, though that one is a bit understandable as the lighting on one of those episodes made her look blonde.

Steins;Gate does have a bit of romance around the last few episodes, but it's mainly a sci-fi anime about time travel. It's great though, as every episode had me at the edge of my seat waiting for next week. What's funnny is that it's suppose to be the second season to Chaos;Head, but the storylines and characters are entirely different. That is what made me question Steins;Gate at first, but after watching it, I'm glad I gave a it a chance, and I'm ecstatic over the news that a movie is in the works. It's definitely one of my top five favorites.

Brief updates of my recent viewing:

Finished Code Geass season one last night, and I have to say, it was *censored*ing awesome. Very slow start, but it really built up well towards the end, and had a great season finale.

Started Elfen Lied about an hour ago, and thus far i'm impressed. Really interesting, even at this early stage. Open sequence was brilliant. Very strong filmmaking.

Finished Code Geass season one last night, and I have to say, it was *censored*ing awesome. Very slow start, but it really built up well towards the end, and had a great season finale.

Started Elfen Lied about an hour ago, and thus far i'm impressed. Really interesting, even at this early stage. Open sequence was brilliant. Very strong filmmaking.

I'm sure you're just saying that 'cause she's already naked in the beginning. :shifty:

Steins;Gate is brilliant, now stop watching everything else that isn't Steins;Gate... or DuRaRaRa!!... or Bakemonogatari... or Katanagatari... or Haruhi Suzumiya... yeah...

No because as Misatouki said above, it was the lighting.

Hell, maybe Kurama dyed the hair blonde.

hmm, I don't know what to say because I just found this

http://elfen-lied.wikia.com/wiki/File:DSC01282.JPG

It was from the manga. I'll just go with Kurama dyed her hair.

I was just kidding. But yeah, I thought it was blonde but like Misatouki said....lighting.

I'm sure you're just saying that 'cause she's already naked in the beginning. :shifty:

Steins;Gate is brilliant, now stop watching everything else that isn't Steins;Gate... or DuRaRaRa!!... or Bakemonogatari... or Katanagatari... or Haruhi Suzumiya... yeah...

It helped...

I could honestly have gone on watching it all night. I was totally hooked, and unlike a lot of other shows, I wasn't feeling a strain watching it back to back to back. Really cool so far.

Archived