The Official Anime and Manga Discussion Thread

Misatouki

Sword Art is whatever to me. Not a great show, but it's decent enough to keep me watching, with the exception of ALO which was just all kinds of what. The worst of it for me not even being Asuna, but the incest teasing. SAO 2 was significantly better, especially Mother's Rosario which lacked Kirito.

I was trying to choose between Saint Saiya and precure and went with precure because I'd seen/read/ that trying read or watch Saint Saiya in english(subbed and dubbed for anime) was a colossal pain in the ass due to shitty translation. Anyone know a way I can watch/read it without learning Japanese?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

School-Live is kinda freaking me out. Zombie anime. 4 girls in the school hiding from them, up to episode 10 and it's gone to oh *Censored*. The oh *Censored* started with the ending of episode 9, tbh.

The synopsis of the last two on Crunchyroll as it has a sentence or two for each is d: too.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/school-live

For the none of you that might wanna watch too.

I have just stumbled upon Heaven's Lost Property. The *Censored* even?

It's probably the most hilarious anime I've seen.

Nymph is bae.

A little 5 min sneak peak of the first 5 mins of the first Tri movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNsOo6xa0qQ&feature=youtu.be

Is interesting to see 4 of the 6 season 2 guys getting their asses kicked.

People speculating that they may have been killed, with thier VAs not listed for the movie.

Yugioh Arc V has been pretty shit at the beginning of it so far.

What? Unless you mean like the first 5 or 6 or so episodes that are basically just introductions.

Regarding Tri; regardless of what people thought of 02, killing them off screen like that at the very start of the movie would be shitty as hell.

Yugioh Arc V has been pretty shit at the beginning of it so far.

What? Unless you mean like the first 5 or 6 or so episodes that are basically just introductions.

Regarding Tri; regardless of what people thought of 02, killing them off screen like that at the very start of the movie would be shitty as hell.

I was onto episode 7 at the time tbf

at episode 11 now

and yeah I wouldn't just kill off the 02 guys, I doubt they were even killed off. Probably just beaten and the 01 guys come in to deal with it.

I recommend "Space Brothers" alot. It is no action show but this anime is really entertaining. Even if you are not into space, you will still be entertained because of what happens in the anime. You can relate to it and it shows what happens in the real world. The things that happen in this anime is unpredictable and also has great humor.

I recommend "Space Brothers" alot. It is no action show but this anime is really entertaining. Even if you are not into space, you will still be entertained because of what happens in the anime. You can relate to it and it shows what happens in the real world. The things that happen in this anime is unpredictable and also has great humor.

Well it's #60 on MAL and- holy *Censored* 99 episodes

That's effort xD

It's been a while but I'm looking to get back into them now that I've finally moved back home. Anyone seen any of these?

• Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie
  • Another
  • Steins Gate
  • The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
  • Code Geass
  • K
  • Spirited Away
  • RWBY
  • Princess Mononoke

It's been a while but I'm looking to get back into them now that I've finally moved back home. Anyone seen any of these?

• Another
  • Steins Gate
  • The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
  • Code Geass
  • K
  • Spirited Away
  • RWBY
  • Princess Mononoke

Welcome home. For starters, Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke are a whole new league in and out of themselves, so you'd best do your lifetime a favor and see those at least once. Hayao Miyazaki is one of the top dogs as far as anime directors go.

Never got around to the Madoka movies, but I can attest to a great show -- it's far from your tropey, cutesy magical girl anime, but rather things of progression and betrayal. Tears convincingly at the heartstrings, so I imagine the films aren't different.

Steins;Gate is another solid watch; the characterizations are spot on so you'll certainly feel for people down the line. It kind of starts slow, but then picks up the pace and everything just explodes thereafter. The story, humor and OST is very nice, too.

RWBY is more or less preferential, but overall fun. As of now there's three volumes -- one to establish the setting and characters; second for the real doses of development; third that is currently airing. This series evolved rather well for what it is.

Meawhile, I haven't got around to the rest, so I suppose it'll be something to file away for now.

• Another
  • Steins Gate
  • The Girl Who Leapt Through Time-yes
  • Code Geass-twice
  • K
  • Spirited Away-multiple times. Need to watch it again because it's been so long
  • RWBY
  • Princess Mononoke-yes

-Watch Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke before anything else. Then watch any other Miyazaki/Gihbli movies you haven't seen

-The girl who leapt through time is good too. Watch it

-Code Geass is kinda like DBZ, Nardo, Bleach, and other popular shonen in that it's pretty much an introductory(or whatever the word is) anime or at least that's how I see it. You may or may not like, though I love it.

• Another
  • Steins Gate
  • RWBY

Modoka - excellent. IDK what you're expecting but it is not what it seems xD

Another - I've only seen the death scenes :L but it seems good

SG - not seen it but it's top 10 on MAL

RWBY - Not anime!

However you classify RWBY is solely by preference. While not anime in the traditional sense -- albeit more accurately American web animation -- it's clearly inspired by the aesthetic norm so things aren't that far-fetched.

As for textbook anime choices to lend suggestions with, I'd opt people to have a go at Bokurano, Parasyte and Shinsekai Yori. These are shows with such a deep undercoat it'll have you thinking long after they're done.

Baccano! is another outstanding watch, but I'd suggest dubs given the American gangster setting -- it's one of the few instances where english happens to work better. A diamond in the rough, as good dubbing tends to go.

Urbane - Thanks dude, you covered a whole lot of them. Sounds like I better go watch SA and PM first then :XD: I appreciate the suggestions as well (I'll try check out the ones that you listed) and if you've got any others, throw them my way too!

GoL - Thank you as well, will check out the 3 movies first. I've looked at a few Geass clips (maybe I need to check out more) but it does look like something I'd like. Ahhh, Dragonball Z... I do like that one (never seen Bleach though) so does that mean I'd like this one too?

Muur - Thanks mate. You'll be happy to know I'm finally working my way through the After Story (only like... a year after I said I would lol). I don't really know what I was expecting from Puella tbh but the front cover has pink fairies on it and shit, so I thought it would be a nice, happy show. Guess it's nothing like that? :XD:

Also, two more I'll put to you all - Toradora and Sword Art Online?

Muur - Thanks mate. You'll be happy to know I'm finally working my way through the After Story (only like... a year after I said I would lol). I don't really know what I was expecting from Puella tbh but the front cover has pink fairies on it and shit, so I thought it would be a nice, happy show. Guess it's nothing like that? :XD:

Madoka is a psycological thriller horror series with very little cuteness lol. It's a phenomenal series though. one of my highest recommended

they have all the cutesy shit in advertising to trick you into it then just as it starts off cute, boom sudden oh shit this isn't cute at all

It's the same with the last aniime I watched called School-live. You think it's about cute stuff, then it's actually zombie

SAO is okay but the pacing is terrible and half of it is shite. in both season one and two the first half is good and then it goes to toss after

If you want nice happy cutesy... it's half of what I watch so... if you're interested xD

k-on, kiniro mosiac, is the order a rabbit, love live, sakura trick (is about two lesbians and they kiss so that's fair on not looking up this one lol)

off the top of my head, where it's just cute girls doing cute shit and not much else. ...i *censored*ing love that shit

kiniro is probably the cutest of them, whilst k-on is my fave of them

Haven't seen Toradora, but I'd flatly pass up SAO. To sum, the anime is pretty much your Gary Stu fanfic and it's nauseating.

If you want a genuine "RL video game" plot -- and keyword being plot -- then look to Log Horizon. Can't believe I missed that.

Archived