The Official Anime and Manga Discussion Thread

Misatouki

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welp that's the SAO part of SAO done, I'm now prepared for the rest to suck. I see it's about fairies or something, we'll see I guess.

As for it so far, it's too rushed and the relationship between Asuna and Kirito seems too forced. Bleh average so far.

Asuna comes back idk how I'm going to assume through the power of love and friendship and the power of BS. Kirito being alive is fair enough since he hadn't disappeared before killing the final boss. I did lol when he started the fight with half HP

Google says it takes 10 minutes after your in game death to die irl, guess he won before those 10 minutes. In SOA time since 4 episodes is two years, then 10 minutes should be 1 second ;o

Well I finished SAO, below average at best overall. Asuna still didn't feel she should've been the main heroin, she barely appeared and her relationship seemed forced, with the others way more natural. I don't get why it has so much hype to be #2 on the most popular anime list but whatever I guess.

Started watching Samurai Champloo last night purely because I knew Nujabes did most of the soundtrack. Liking it so far, it's definitely unique.

I just started today. Haven't watched it in years and I was surprised it looked so much like The Boondocks. Then I remembered it inspired Boondocks. Speaking of which, I also finished Cowboy Bebop yesterday.

I highly doubt it's just the original series considering Arc-V's current plot and it being the new series. Going and making a movie about the old series would just seem stupid and pointless

Cool smiley from somewhere.

I also just finished Ghost in the Shell. It was pretty nice.

It would probably get more viewers than one about the current series.

I'm still stuck with Zexal because YGO is one of the few I still watch dubbed. This last arc is the worst so far, ugh. Please tell me they don't summon their aces at the beginning of their first turn in every duel like in Zexal... (in Arc V I mean)

I USE THIS CARD WHICH LETS ME DO A LOAD OF BULLSHIT SO I CAN SUMMON THIS THING THAT SHOULD ACTUALLY TAKE LIKE 4 TURNS

Started watching Attack on Titans. Now I'm completely up-to-date, 4 days later.

Also got into Toriko, but it's starting to feel like a giant sausage fest. Diversity in characters almost seems non-existent.

Don't know what to watch next. A friend recommended Hajime no Ippo, but I got bored halfway through the second episode. Might pick up Hellsing, but I don't know.

Never watched it myself. Just popping in to say it's rated as the best anime of all time by MyAnimeList.

So is their opinion actually worth two *censored*s or is it just a bunch of anime nerds who just so happen to share an opinion? Not bashing; I'm genuinely curious. I've seen both FMA anime, though not in full, but I did enjoy what I watched.

Also, the Yugioh movie which comes out in 2016 for only $9.99, will star Koiba and Yugi after Atem...dies? or whatever you consider it. Either way it takes place after the end of the original series because Yugi doesn't have his puzzle anymore and is taller and looks closer to Atem. On one hand, I hate that they're going back to the original series because it's just an easy nostalgia trip and I was really looking forward to something huge with Arc-V. On the other hand, Yugi finally gets a chance to shine in the first time since ever and that, I am looking forward to.

Never watched it myself. Just popping in to say it's rated as the best anime of all time by MyAnimeList.

So is their opinion actually worth two *censored*s or is it just a bunch of anime nerds who just so happen to share an opinion? Not bashing; I'm genuinely curious. I've seen both FMA anime, though not in full, but I did enjoy what I watched.

It's the second season that's rated as #1. The first is #150. The #1 rating is based on "243238" reviews.

Anyway they're based on ratings and etc from every person that's signed up to the site and used the rating feature. It's like game sites with fan views, they're actually reliable as joke ratings wont effect it. It's used by a lot of people to decide what to watch next. "ooh that's rated as number 8? let's watch!"

And yes I would say myself that it's worth shit because the higher rated ones I've seen are excellent.

You have the 'popular' list as well for the shit like SAO and Naruto which is based on how many people have seen it.

Archived