The Official Anime and Manga Discussion Thread

Misatouki

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Death Note starts to suck after

L dies

tbh. I'd disagree with no replay value though.

you could say it was Light's fault for trusting the kid in the first place and he was a bellend to yell out who he was when the cops might not have died

As for how I find shows, what people are talking about or what looks interesting on my Tumblr feed or something.

Agreed on the first one, but

It didn't matter that he all but blatantly confessed. At that point it was over one way or another. Either they did die and he won, or they didn't and they just read the notebook and noticed his name was the only one not written, proving what they already knew, that he was Kira. The confession was meaningless.

How does everyone here go about bew animes to watch? How do you come across them

If there's a lot of talk about it, I may check it out to see what the big deal is, though if the plot doesn't interest me, I just ignore it. I also checked out Kill La Kill and Panty & Stocking because Gainix.

Other than that, it's just random.

NARDO IS FINALLY OVER!

I'd post a video to celebrate, but explorer is an asshole.

Mostly pairing garbage

Nardo got Hinata. They have a boy and a girl. The salt is very VERY real.

Susky got Sakura. They have a daughter who looks like Karin with black hair.

Ino got Sai. They have a boy.

Choji got Karui. They have a daughter

Temari got Shikamaru. They have a kid, but I don't remember if it's a boy or a girl.

Kakashi's the hokage

Part 3 coming Sprng 2015. It's a mini series about the kids.

Just finished a couple of series (Highschool Of The Dead and Highschool DxD), both of which I really liked (probably for the wrong reasons though I suppose). Now I've started on the first season of Clannad, and that's completely different, but I really like that too. Still very early into it, but I can't wait for the next episode when I get back from work. First one I've watched using the Japanese track on it too because I didn't realise it had an English track on the disk, but I think I prefer this one in Japanese with English subtitles anyway tbh.

Still got Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero, as well as Angel Beats, on my pile to watch after. Hope they're as good as I was told they are.

Now I've started on the first season of Clannad, and that's completely different, but I really like that too. Still very early into it, but I can't wait for the next episode when I get back from work. First one I've watched using the Japanese track on it too because I didn't realise it had an English track on the disk, but I think I prefer this one in Japanese with English subtitles anyway tbh.

Clannad is amazing, however season 1 is nothing compared to season 2. If you're gonna watch it make sure you watch both seasons. It's only the latter half too that's the most amazing as the first half is just the continuation of season 1. After that, it goes from the possible all girls (harem) to him having just the one girl, where they go through life and stuff.

It's one of the few that focus on stuff that happens AFTER schooling and for that reason it's one of the top 5 anime on the rankings. (the second season, season 1 is average) I was getting bored of Clannad till the post school stuff started. In fact I would've dropped it if it was just the harem stuff because I eventually got bored of it. Then the harem ends and shit goes down.

So much feels.

I hate it when I go back to an anime show after ages and kinda forget what episode I was on last. *censored*s up the progression.

use myanimelist and update it each time you watch an episode I'm like "shit which was I on?" check my list and then I'm like "ah yeah"

I've got the second season lined up for afterwards thankfully. Only just finished the first disk (episode 1-4 done so far), but more shall be seen tonight. Kinda spoilt it for myself though. Was searching the names of the characters so I can actually remember who's who and not just "oh, it's the older purple haired one" (had trouble remembering names while the subtitles were racing through), and I think I'm finally in a position where I at least know each characters first or last name, but listed under main characters was Okazaki and Furukawa's child (well, I assume that's who's the child is)... god dammit Wikipedia...

If you've got any others you'd recommend to check out afterwards, let me know. Been given a couple to check out (Sword Art Online, Attack on Titan, Horizon on the Middle of Nowhere, etc) but I think I'll need more.

I watched in dub so I had no problem ;). I ended up with spoilers anyway tbh.

If you like Clannad, try Little Busters. Made by the same company and I actually prefer Little Busters. Once again, season 2 is better. Season one mainly has the happy stuff and then boom, season two has most of the depressing stuff. (not that season one is exempt from feels) Season 3 (which is an OVA season so it isn't needed to be watched, you should though ;o is also good)

Key made that, Clannad, Angel Beats (which I need to watch), Air and some other stuff and they generally do the same shit in them, give you feels every 10 minutes just because they can. Also good too, darn you Key and your brilliant at making people feel.

"Okozaki and Furokawa". Gotta love it. Those are the last names (as Asians use the surname first), with the dub using first names so for me they were Tomoya and Nagisa~

Clannad season 2 is rated as the third best series of all time. Those other ones you listed are more popular than good, though I've only seen bits of SAO and AOT.

I stopped using first names for most of the characters when I realised there was a Tomoyo and Tomoya :XD: I was watching and they mentioned Tomoyo, and because I didn't know that was his first name, I assumed that was Tomoya they were talking about (at this point, I was just trying to learn parts of the name so I would be able to tell people apart). Then he says "They were talking about us" (referring to himself and Sunohara), so I got totally confused. There's the odd character I still call by their first names (Ryou and Kyou are the main ones, but Fuko is another because that's easy to remember).

I'll go have a look for Little Busters now.

Alright, so I've finally finished season one of Clannad. The last proper episode with the drama performance and the late appearance of Akio... not gonna lie, that made me teary. Powerful scene to say the least. Really enjoyed it, and I can't wait for season 2.

One thing I will say though, is that don't really get what the Okazaki arc episode was about. I get that it was what happened in another outcome/dimension/universe or whatever, but Tomoyo as the character involved seemed quite random. If anything, I expected Kyou or even Kotomi given their past. I liked the episode though because it was something different and explored a different r

Archived