The Official Anime and Manga Discussion Thread

Misatouki

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that there are only about 3/4 episodes of yugioh zexal left, U've just got to say that it was downright horrible. Yuma has practically no development, his friends are useless, Ko/Tori is the worst character in the series bar none, Yuma and Astral are the biggest cheaters in the series, the duels are more repetitive than a John Cena match, and the overall story is just wasted potential. The only even remotely good things about it were Shark, Kite, and the DWC to a degree. I could go on and in, but I'm on a phone, so I'll leave it at that.

Zexal isn't as bad as people say it is. It's not as good as the other series but it's not bad.

Although him leading off 99% of duels with Gagaga Magician or Gogogo Golem is annoying, as well as his always summon Utopia thing.

First part, I respectfully disagree.

Second part, "more repetitive than a John Cena match." It ain't even just Yuma. Nearly every single duels starts with everyone summoning their ace within the first three turns with the entire duel revolving around taking out the other guy's ace while protecting your own with the entire deck being little more than support for said ace.

Hopefully Arc-V will be better.

Bleach is still ongoing, but......

Yeah... Watching it out of the need to see the end.

One Piece too, but I actually look forward to OP chapters. Only the most recent one gives me questions on what direction they're going with certain characters.

I still have faith Usopp will save the day again.
I hope so. Usopp spent all the first half of the Grand Line battling his insecurities and cowardice and seemed to be over it in the New World. Would be off if he suddenly picked it up again.

I really really hope Usopp becomes the hero he deserves to be.

I was a little bit dissapointed when they reunited and he still was the coward he was before.

I mean...his Island should have made him tougher than Zoro

Yes, Kai cut the filler along with other changes. Such as Mr. Popo was turned blue and the detail in bodily harm was toned down.

Isn't Popo black? Was he meant to always be blue?

I met the DBZ Kai voice actor for Android #18 a few years ago :)

I kinda want to get into Naruto again, but I have absolutely no idea where I should start. Same goes for One Piece.

I'd advise against Naruto. You will be annoyed with the fillers and shit.

I want to watch One Piece but it seems hella' long and I'm not sure if it's correct but it may still be ongoing (which just demotivates me a tad more). I've been hearing it's the best anime and stuff, though, although any anime that fans love the shit out of will claim or think of it to be the best.

That applies to me and Death Note.

I hear the OP anime isn't as good, there are fillers and all. However, the manga itself is pretty awesome. I'd say read the manga, it's easier.

To be honest, Death Note is overrated.

It's not the best anime of all-time but I don't think it's overrated if people have come to the conclusion that it's the best they've watched.

Death Note was perfect until

L

died.

It just wasn't the same anymore and there was no reason to symphatize with either Near, Melo or Light

Yeah, I couldn't sympathize with Light but he's one of those villainous characters you still want to win, unless you disliked him from his first real change.

It's weird, too, because you usually want the bad guy to lose but in his case; you want to see him triumphant on his ambitious mission.

(P.S: Near was shit, though. Not as intelligent as L, either, IMO).

I don't know why, but watching AMVs of certain moments on DBZ get me a little emotional. Like Bardock vs Frieza's army, and the entire Cell Games saga starting from after

Android 16's death

. I can't watch a video without choking up a little. Sad, I know.

I want to watch One Piece but it seems hella' long and I'm not sure if it's correct but it may still be ongoing (which just demotivates me a tad more). I've been hearing it's the best anime and stuff, though, although any anime that fans love the shit out of will claim or think of it to be the best.

That applies to me and Death Note.

If you have never seen One Piece then the best time to start would be after the Time Skip. That way you don't have to watch 500 epsiodes and still can understand the current story because it basically was a reset for the current events.

Also regarding flller. One Piece has barlely any filler. sometimes, 4 episodes tops and that is always a small seperate arc after a big important one, but most of the stuff is all canon to the manga.

I don't know why, but watching AMVs of certain moments on DBZ get me a little emotional. Like Bardock vs Frieza's army, and the entire Cell Games saga starting from after

Android 16's

death. I can't watch a video without choking up a little. Sad, I know.

I lose it when Vegeta comes out of his shell and gets death beam'd by frieza through his heart

Marvel's Iron Man: Rise of the technovore was a nice watch in my opinion. Ive heard bad things about the other Marvel animes but Im open to giving them a shot.

Oh wow so this is anime as they got a Japense studio to make it, cool. More western companies should do that.

Death Note was perfect until

L

died.

It just wasn't the same anymore and there was no reason to symphatize with either Near, Melo or Light

This, basically. Not perfect, but it was great until that happened.

Plus, not a good idea to use majority, as people tend to have bad tastes or whatnot. Bloody Monday series is much better, IMO.

Android 16's death

. I can't watch a video without choking up a little. Sad, I know.

I lose it when Vegeta comes out of his shell and gets death beam'd by frieza through his heart

I also lose it when

Vegeta sacrifices himself to defeat Majin Buu.

Android 16's death.

I can't watch a video without choking up a little. Sad, I know.

I also lose it when

Vegeta sacrifices himself to defeat Majin Buu.

Vegeta's Final Atonement is easily the best moment of the Buu saga, and one of the best moments from the whole franchise alongside Cell's death and Goku's first Super Saiyan transformation, in my opinion.

Archived