The Official Anime and Manga Discussion Thread

Misatouki

Dragon Ball Z is the only anime I've watched from start to finish.

I got bored of Yu-Gi-Oh after the Marik series.

My interest in Digimon stopped when when they reached the Digimon Tamers series.

BTW if you're a fan of DBZ, then check out TeamFourStar's DBZ Abridged on Youtube. I swear to God that's some of the funniest stuff I've seen.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not simplifying it, it was kinda like that at the end.

You don't consider describing the ending as "I see what you did th- ...oops, you got me." simplifying it? Really? That's exactly what it means to simplify something; to make less complex or complicated.

Oh, the end. Yeah, that was simplified, but it's basically all there was at the end, apart from Light finally being brought down. The end just wasn't that interesting or fun.

Anyone read Beelzebub? *censored*ing hilarious. xD Feels like a good spoof of action manga like DBZ and YYH, definitely worth a read.

I've found it to be another one of those anime more suited for girls to enjoy, and trust me, I know quite a few who obsess over it being teh bestest ever and all that weird shit with Sebastian.

What are you trying to say? >___________________>

But yeah, I definitely get where you're coming from, though. Sebastian is a fangirl's wet dream.

Elfin Lied

Pokemon

Naruto

Naruto: Shippuden

Fullmetal Alchemist

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Dragon Ball, Z, GT

yu yu hakusho

Shamin King

inuyasha

One Piece

BoBoBoBoBoBoBo

.Hack Sign

Bey Blade

Digimon

Card Captor

Monster Rancher

Sailor Moon

tenchi Munyo

Zach bell

Vash the Stampede

Big O

Gundum (I didn't really like this one)

Cow Boy beepBop

Yu gi Oh, GX

a lot more I can't think of right now.

I've stopped watching anime though It's not that I've grown older I just can't catch it anymore.

I used to get a monthly subscription to Shoenn Jump I can get them once in a blue moon now.

I used to own Pokemon and Dragon Ball Z and tenchi munyo movies there either lost or have been giving away.

I would'nt even dream of typing up my collection, It's just too vast.

Hell even if i was to just type the series' alone i would'nt risk the typers elbow :lol:

I have several boxsets that i have bought but not even started to watch yet, Nothing from the last 2 years though, I sort of lost interest/stopped buying it because of the sheer amount of unwatched DVDs i have.

Series Recommendations:

Outlaw Star ?

Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex (Both)?

Cowboy BeBop

Samurai Champloo

Ninja Scroll

Thundercats ? (Classic)

Dragonball Z ? (Classic)

I also like fightingn animes like Street Fighter Tekken, Fighting Beauty Woolong and Baki The Grappler

As for movies - I'll watch anything set in fuedal Japan, I love that era.

Movies... The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya was amazing. Coming from someone who watches the anime first and reads the manga later, the second season sounds like it's going to be amazing.

Also, My Neighbor Totoro FTW! I still laugh at the South Park episodes with Cthulu and Cartmen referencing it. :lol:

^I just don't get quite as into it compared to anime. I just enjoy the animation more, is all. It leaves less to the imagination, perhaps, but sometimes I prefer it that way.

Also, my sister and I often watch anime together. It's just sort of something we've always done together, since we were kids. A bonding thing, if you will. And as you can probably imagine, watching anime together is a bit more exciting than reading manga together. =P

Ah, I see. Thanks for the explanation. :3 My main issue with anime is that it tends to be filler and sometimes not exactly straight to the point. Take Naruto for example, it tends to have characters going all "err, umm, hmm, durrr" and so many fillers like Naruto getting lost on his way to the chuunin exams. Apart from that, and the time, I can easily get into anime.

My Anime List: where you guys can list all the manga and anime you've read.

Here's my list of what I'm reading, what I've read, what I hve yet to read, and what I've dropped. ;)

Dragon Ball Z is the only anime I've watched from start to finish.

I got bored of Yu-Gi-Oh after the Marik series.

My interest in Digimon stopped when when they reached the Digimon Tamers series.

BTW if you're a fan of DBZ, then check out TeamFourStar's DBZ Abridged on Youtube. I swear to God that's some of the funniest stuff I've seen.

DBZ Abridged Is Great.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the explanation. :3 My main issue with anime is that it tends to be filler and sometimes not exactly straight to the point. Take Naruto for example, it tends to have characters going all "err, umm, hmm, durrr" and so many fillers like Naruto getting lost on his way to the chuunin exams. Apart from that, and the time, I can easily get into anime.

That's really only true for the anime that run longer than the regular 24/26 episode season.

Really? My knowledge of anime is pretty limited as I've watched Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and Naruto. Oh, can't forget Yu Yu Hakusho. I personally found manga to be much superior, but there were no fillers or anything that made the series look bad or cheesy.

Considering that Elfen Lied is few episodes long, there wouldn't be fillers, so I may give that a try again (a friend linked me to it, didn't have the time).

Sometimes I do prefer manga to anime whenever the anime leaves out certain key things (be it humor, scenes and storyline) in manga, which often does happen...

but yeah, most of the anime I listed in the OP lack those annoying fillers. Katanagatari, being only 12 episodes long (but 50 minutes each) has been one of my top three anime choices (along with Bakemonogatari and DuRaRaRa!!).

Will post my collections of anime as soon as I reach my hometown later tonight :P

Btw, my favs: Zero no Tsukaima, School Rumble, Code Geass, Hayate the Combat Butler, Baka To Test.

I smell a lolicon...

This clip from episode 19 actually got me, despite knowing it's not a serious anime. I really thought it'd end with her doing it correctly, especially during the whole speech. Something about the whole episode had me thinking there was going to actually be a serious part (to which I thought would be this), but then it happened and I started cracking up. :lol:

This clip from episode 19 actually got me, despite knowing it's not a serious anime. I really thought it'd end with her doing it correctly, especially during the whole speech. Something about the whole episode had me thinking there was going to actually be a serious part (to which I thought would be this), but then it happened and I started cracking up. :lol:

:lol: That was hilarious. I must start watching this series

My Katanagatari box set came today, DVDs, Blu-Ray and a book... the artwork in the book (and of course the anime) is amazing! When I get more spending money, I'm definitely going to pre-order the second set.

Here's another Nichijou clip. It may not be as hilarious to some, but this has by far been my favorite scene out of the whole series.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched Rin and WTF is the only reaction I can give? As the episodes (only six, but hour long) progressed, the story just got more and more f'd up. First it has to do with females who become immortal through a special spore from this random ass tree. Females become immortal, while males become angels. The angels are evil and are out to eat the immortals, who just so happen to have some weird fetish for being eaten (notlikethat :shift: ) by them. Then some hermaphrodite appears and is all I'm evil, rawr, I'm immortal and an angel, muahahahaha. Then it all ends with something about dragon people coming out of this (what was once a pile of chicks until you splash a shitload of blood on them) egg.

Then add in a bunch of random lesbian scenes (no, it's not a hentai) and... that's about it.

Archived