The Official Anime and Manga Discussion Thread

Misatouki

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all. I'v been thinking about doing for Youtube, a Manga/Anime version of the AVGN? And by that I mean just do angry reviews. Mostly I want to because in my Manga and Anime club if you say you dislike or don't think it's the best damn manga ever (for me mainly Naruto, One Piece, Inuyasha), your questioned why. Well it's held in a library for teens so I can't really say how I feel all together without fear of being banned.

So Mostly how would you guy's think of a series of videos like this and if so, any ideas. I've read manga since I was 8 but I don't read a whole bunch.

Oh and on a related note, here are my favs.

Rurouni Kenshin

Death Note

XXX Holic

Full Metal Alchemist

Nana

Reborn

Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z

Code Geass

Neo Genesis Evangleon

Naruto

Who here gos to anime convention and/or cosplays?

I was contemplating on whether to to go to Sakura-con (held around the first week of April in Seattle) this year or not. I ended up not going, though I might go next year...

Something that has really been bothering me about Bleach. I was hoping someone could answer this as Google doesn't seem to help. Ok, there are the episodes of Ichigo and others going to Hueco Mundo to rescue Inoue from Aizen. Abruptably, next episode it cuts to the Lurichiyo episodes with the two body guards and the Kasumi-Ooji clan blah blah blah and so fourth. Actually, it was a pleasant surprise, but it made me wonder. When does all this take place? At first I thought they all got out of Hueco Mundo with Inoue and they were starting another chapter, but just as this one ends, we're back in Hueco Mundo fighting the Arrancar and after a bunch of episodes I am back to Lurichiyo playing soccer. I have to admit, this is starting to annoy me. Can anyone elaborate when these two timeframes take place?

I believe they come some time after they return from Hueco Mundo. I can't remember if that's the case though. Did Chad use Diablo at all in that arc? If he did, then it's definitely after they return from Hueco Mundo. It still might have been, even if he didn't, but that would be a good indication to go off.

I picked up the first season of Mitsudomoe on Blu Ray. Already seen it, but I like it, so I figured why not get it in sexy 720p. Need to get the second season and watch it, still havent seen it. D:

Also M3J I havent read Beezelbub but I've seen the first few episodes of the anime.

Is it just me or are the revived Akatsuki members no where near as strong as they used to be, after I saw Kisame pretty much forced to commit suicide by shark, I was like WTF. Kisame lost to a bunch of Jounin, the main reason being his samehada betrayed him, which is retarded, he's had the sword for the duration of the series and it's hard for me to believe that one day it decided "well, I kinda like the black dude so I'm gonna try and screw you over." In the end he had to force it to cooperate with him and that just kinda.....f*cked him.......Also I know Kabuto doesn't control them the same way Orochimaru did, he like allows them to retain some of their old personalities but I thought was supposed to help them not hinder them.

Just watched the first 3 episodes of Blood and the pilot episodes for Angel Beats and Spice and Wolfe. I'm liking all three of them.

You should forget about those and watch Steins;Gate.

I don't have to forget about the others. >:(

I picked up the first season of Mitsudomoe on Blu Ray. Already seen it, but I like it, so I figured why not get it in sexy 720p. Need to get the second season and watch it, still havent seen it. D:

Also M3J I havent read Beezelbub but I've seen the first few episodes of the anime.

how'd you like it? Beelzebub is pretty funny and epic, at least the manga is.

Speaking of Blu-Ray, I need to get Yu Yu Hakusho on Blu-Ray! D:

Is it just me or are the revived Akatsuki members no where near as strong as they used to be, after I saw Kisame pretty much forced to commit suicide by shark, I was like WTF. Kisame lost to a bunch of Jounin, the main reason being his samehada betrayed him, which is retarded, he's had the sword for the duration of the series and it's hard for me to believe that one day it decided "well, I kinda like the black dude so I'm gonna try and screw you over." In the end he had to force it to cooperate with him and that just kinda.....f*cked him.......Also I know Kabuto doesn't control them the same way Orochimaru did, he like allows them to retain some of their old personalities but I thought was supposed to help them not hinder them.

The manga is being *censored*ed up slowly and slowly, stupid Kishi is turning it into DBZ now. Naruto, who had trouble in chuunin exam is owning kages left and right in the war, except for the Raikage.

KIsame had a good death though, but I probably think that because of what Itachi said to Kisame about finding out who we are when facing death.

Kabuto took over Nagato completely, and look what happened. As much as I dislike Nagato, he'd have done better controlling himself. Though, he is fully controlling Raikage, who's pwning people. Finally happy Naruto can't god-mode a kage for once, this war was getting and is boring.

Just watched the first 3 episodes of Blood and the pilot episodes for Angel Beats and Spice and Wolfe. I'm liking all three of them.

You should forget about those and watch Steins;Gate.

I don't have to forget about the others. >:(

I suppose not, but you definitely need to bump Steins;Gate as the #1 anime you need to watch.

I never watched more than the first like 3, even though I kept getting all the episodes, but I mean it was cute and I liked it, but then again I'm not a manga reader/ or one of them stuck up anime guys who hates most things because of some stupid reason.

The manga is being *censored*ed up slowly and slowly, stupid Kishi is turning it into DBZ now. Naruto, who had trouble in chuunin exam is owning kages left and right in the war, except for the Raikage.

KIsame had a good death though, but I probably think that because of what Itachi said to Kisame about finding out who we are when facing death.

Kabuto took over Nagato completely, and look what happened. As much as I dislike Nagato, he'd have done better controlling himself. Though, he is fully controlling Raikage, who's pwning people. Finally happy Naruto can't god-mode a kage for once, this war was getting and is boring.

Meh, I mean I think Nagato did alright when Kabuto controlled him, he was more focused and he wasn't really interested in talking to Naruto but instead killing him. Another thing, except for Deidara, Zetsu, Sasori and Kakuzu. The other Akatsuki let their feelings get in the way and they are the ones who need to be fully controlled by Kabuto.....

I never watched more than the first like 3, even though I kept getting all the episodes, but I mean it was cute and I liked it, but then again I'm not a manga reader/ or one of them stuck up anime guys who hates most things because of some stupid reason.

Why not continue watching it? It gets more epic, feels like it even parodies shounen.

Meh, I mean I think Nagato did alright when Kabuto controlled him, he was more focused and he wasn't really interested in talking to Naruto but instead killing him. Another thing, except for Deidara, Zetsu, Sasori and Kakuzu. The other Akatsuki let their feelings get in the way and they are the ones who need to be fully controlled by Kabuto.....

Nagato ignored Itachi, which he normally wouldn't have done, leading him to get owned. Nagato was doing much better with some control, although Itachi was still on his side.

They did, but Kisame apparently didn't, neither did Hidan. Itachi was always a good guy though, so not sure if you can really count him.

Itachi is so epic though. :') And, the latest chapters are annoying me with Naruto beating everyone. This chapter was good because Naruto actually has trouble against someone.

Why not continue watching it? It gets more epic, feels like it even parodies shounen.

Nagato ignored Itachi, which he normally wouldn't have done, leading him to get owned. Nagato was doing much better with some control, although Itachi was still on his side.

They did, but Kisame apparently didn't, neither did Hidan. Itachi was always a good guy though, so not sure if you can really count him.

Itachi is so epic though. :') And, the latest chapters are annoying me with Naruto beating everyone. This chapter was good because Naruto actually has trouble against someone.

My prediction for the end of the series: Ends up with Naruto vs. Madara and Sasuke, Naruto goes all nine tails and incapacitates Sasuke quick amount of time, then He goes after Madara and rapes him. While that's probably what's going to happen, what should happen is that Madara just Izanagi's himself out of the way of Naruto's ultimate attack, then decapitate's Naruto.

I like Itachi too, but it seems that once he became all goody two shoes he lost all his appeal, maybe it's just me. I prefer Sasuke much more, Sasuke has grown so much and is so insanely strong with his eternal mangekyu.

Archived