The Official Anime and Manga Discussion Thread

Misatouki

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what was everyone's first anime that they ever watched? For me, it'll be the anime I'll be getting on DVD soon - Samurai Pizza Cats.

Pokemon I imagine.

I just remembered anither anime that was ine of my earliest, at least I believe so it it might be even before DBZ and Sailor Moon..Ronin Warriors

I seriously miss Toonami. Yes, I know its a part of Adult Swim now, but the Toonami I watched back as a kid... Id give almost anything to go back and relive all that it was.

Digimon, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, and Dragon Ball Z

lolDigimon. Man I hated that show. I will admit that it did get better near the end of season 1 once they got their Ultimate forms (I preferred a lot of the Ultimates over the Megas), but season 2 was a mess. That, and I despised the main character for season 2. Season 3 wasn't bad though.

I honestly never cared for Yu Yu Hakusho. When it came to anime on Adult Swim, Neon Genesis Evangelion was the first that I watched, followed by Cowboy Bebop, Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040, and Trigun. There was a few others but the ones that I mentioned were the ones I actually remember.

I honestly never cared for Yu Yu Hakusho. When it came to anime on Adult Swim, Neon Genesis Evangelion was the first that I watched, followed by Cowboy Bebop, Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040, and Trigun. There was a few others but the ones that I mentioned were the ones I actually remember.

Dude, Yu Yu Hakusho was the shit. DUUUUUDE

Just finished reading the original Skull Man. It was really cool getting to read Kamen Rider's ancestor and finally read a manga Ishinomori did instead of just watching his shows. Skull Man was a pretty good little story. It had some nice artwork though some of the character designs were really similar to each other. The Skull Man design is cool in a very simple way, though he doesn't really look like a skeleton (this is something that the more recent SM series fixed and perfected). The story was fairly nice as well, though Skull Man's identity was obvious as all hell, and the twists at the end sort of come out of left field.

However that's really my only criticism with the piece; the story just gets a little too Shamalany near the end. Outside of that though it was a really nice read. I definitely want to read and watch the other two versions of Skull Man and see how they were done.

lolDigimon. Man I hated that show. I will admit that it did get better near the end of season 1 once they got their Ultimate forms (I preferred a lot of the Ultimates over the Megas), but season 2 was a mess. That, and I despised the main character for season 2. Season 3 wasn't bad though.

Tamers(season 3) is the best. Period.

Frontier(season 4) was great too.

I just remembered Goku's mom is supposed to be revealed this month.

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Gine

Tamers(season 3) is the best. Period.

Frontier(season 4) was great too.

Yeah I actually liked season 3. Was season 4 the one where the owners fused with their Digimon?

I watched all of the first two seasons of Digimon and a good proportion of three qnd four if not most of them and theyre all good in my book. Some parts may be ridiculous but its anime.

Digimon Tamers(3) had the people fusing with their Digimon near the end and Frontier(4) had the people becoming Digimon themselves. I dont know anything about seasons 5 and 6, but some clips from them would confuse me into thinking I was watching Gundam lol

Archived