The Official Anime and Manga Discussion Thread

Misatouki

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm aware of what's going on, but only by friends telling me about it. I stopped caring about Naruto right after the Hokage Summit arc. It just got too ridiculous, drawn out, and boring to me.

I tried to get into it again 3 times last year but the newest episodes and mangas just can't keep me interested. The story has just become a too big of a cluster*censored* for me too care anymore.

Agreed. It's simply a mess of a series.

What are some other animes that are good right now? Excluding One Piece that is.

Beelzebub? I love the manga, anyway. It had a meh arc, but otherwise it's a pretty fun read.

Naruto's author comes across as not caring about his own manga anymore. Like, he wants to turn it into a DBZ-style, with Susano'o-Kyuubi combo and etc. I honestly only look forward to OP out of the Big 3, and Beelzebub as well for weekly releases.

That's the one with the demon baby, correct? I might have pick that one up again, never really knew why i dropped that in the first place seeing as i always liked it.

Yep. One arc is meh, but other than that it's pretty good. One of my favorite series to read right now.

Still waiting for this next DBZ movie

What? How many movies are there now?

Who do you want the movie to be about, Jiggy?

Like around 16 to 19

holy shit, that's crazy. And they're all still popular? I can't help but feel that since they're not good, since they're movies and all.

Not sure you should mention that site since it's not a legal one.

I use to think Crunchy Roll sucked till I used it with trials I was sent. Is amazing with the full thing, would actually be worth paying for. Although I haz no monay.

DL it onto your phone, you can watch some of the full-length series they offer on there for free. I'm pretty sure Bleach & Naruto are on it for free too.

Like around 16 to 19

holy shit, that's crazy. And they're all still popular? I can't help but feel that since they're not good, since they're movies and all.

Some more than others. Movies such as Fusion Reborn, Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan and Cooler's Revenge are definitely more popular than movies such as The World's Strongest or Curse of the Blood Rubies.

• 4 weeks later...

Like around 16 to 19

Some more than others. Movies such as Fusion Reborn, Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan and Cooler's Revenge are definitely more popular than movies such as The World's Strongest or Curse of the Blood Rubies.

When it comes to the DBZ movies, Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan is my #1. I'm also probably one of the few people that actually thought The Return of Cooler was better than Cooler's Revenge.

Hopefully by the end of the weekend, I'll have the digitally remastered movie collection.

I also bought volumes 1-3 of the DragonBall manga a while ago.

Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan is my personal favorite as well. I'll always love it. Only ones that come close is Broly Second Coming and Bojack Unbound. I remember when I was younger I had one of this giant Broly action figures. I miss it. I miss it so much :(

Like around 16 to 19

Haven't seen Broly ones, but the Legend of Bardock was pretty cool, and so was Cooler's Revenge (?). I just tend to have bad feelings about shows and movies that don't involve the authors.

M3J, you NEED to see the Broly movies. Like, NOW! Well actually you can avoid #10 - Bio Broly, unless you're a big fan of Goten and Trunks, as they are the stars (it takes place around the time of the World Tournament, so there's no Gohan, Vegeta or Piccolo).

Fusion Reborn is a good movie, but it's far too short. 55 minutes isn't long enough for something so awesome. And that ending...it felt way too fast.

Also, I feel that Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan has the best soundtrack of all the DBZ movies. Yes, even better than Cooler's Revenge. But that's just me.

M3J, you NEED to see the Broly movies. Like, NOW! Well actually you can avoid #10 - Bio Broly, unless you're a big fan of Goten and Trunks, as they are the stars (it takes place around the time of the World Tournament, so there's no Gohan, Vegeta or Piccolo).

Fusion Reborn is a good movie, but it's far too short. 55 minutes isn't long enough for something so awesome. And that ending...it felt way too fast.

Also, I feel that Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan has the best soundtrack of all the DBZ movies. Yes, even better than Cooler's Revenge. But that's just me.

Oh you're not alone. The Broly soundtrack is badass. I credit it for introducing me to Pantera as a kid. I watched the Japanese version of the movie a couple of weeks ago and the soundtrack for it is just bad. It doesn't really add much to get you pumped up and hyped for the scenes, especially during the fights.

*Censored* Goten and Trunks. But are the movies on Netflix?

Most of the movies are on Youtube but they're all mainly the cropped Widescreen versions. Still watchable, though.

I will agree that The Legendary Super Saiyan is easily the best of all the movies. Got a decent length to it, as well. It's just a shame that Broly is SO overrated by so much of the fanbase.

Oh you're not alone. The Broly soundtrack is badass. I credit it for introducing me to Pantera as a kid. I watched the Japanese version of the movie a couple of weeks ago and the soundtrack for it is just bad. It doesn't really add much to get you pumped up and hyped for the scenes, especially during the fights.

Haha yeah, when I watched the remastered version for the first time I was disappointed with the Japanese music. It suits in other DBZ movies, but not the first Broly movie.

*Censored* Goten and Trunks. But are the movies on Netflix?

Shit, I don't know. I don't have Netflix. I don't even think it's available over here. But I'm sure they're on YouTube. I remember watching Bio Broly in parts on YouTube years ago.

Most of the movies are on Youtube but they're all mainly the cropped Widescreen versions. Still watchable, though.

I will agree that The Legendary Super Saiyan is easily the best of all the movies. Got a decent length to it, as well. It's just a shame that Broly is SO overrated by so much of the fanbase.

Cooler says hi. But yes, the length of Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan is part of what makes it better than most of the others. The other factors being the FUNimation soundtrack, and the fact that it's the first movie that features 4 Super Saiyans in it.

Anyway, what do you think is the worst movie? For me, it's definitely Lord Slug. 40 minutes for a DBZ movie? Not ok! Doesn't help that I originally saw it on Cartoon Network, and the stretched it out to 1 and a half hours. That equates to 50 minutes of ads. 50 *censored*ing minutes!!

Rewatching Bleach. Gods, the bount arc bores me to tears.

Also regarding DBZ, i'm at the point where I just straight up prefer the abridged series to the actual dubs/subs.

Also regarding DBZ, i'm at the point where I just straight up prefer the abridged series to the actual dubs/subs.

I don't blame you one bit. I feel this way for a lot of Anime tbh.

On DBZ Abridged, I can't wait for Cell.

I know right? Especially since, judging from that demonstration Takahata did a while back, he has the voice down PERFECTLY.

Code Geass is the best anime tbh

I respectfully disagree good sir.

Me either. Buu should be freaking hilarious as well.

Since it looks like they do plan to go the full mile and complete all of DBZ, I really hope they do Dragon Ball once they finish.

Or GT, but I doubt they'd do that considering how much all of them despise it.

Since it looks like they do plan to go the full mile and complete all of DBZ, I really hope they do Dragon Ball once they finish.

Or GT, but I doubt they'd do that considering how much all of them despise it.

Both options sound bloody great to me.

Archived