The Official Anime and Manga Discussion Thread

Misatouki

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may actually watch it, then. I'm not usually a fan of live-action movies inspired by animes (watch Dragonball Z: Evolution and you'll know why) but it seems cool. The shinigami also doesn't seem out-of-place from the image I've seen.

It's probably one of the best manga/anime to live action films I've ever seen in all honesty. And from the critical side of things, it's on the list as well. It stays very faithful to the first couple of volumes and only changes two things (how Light got the Death Note and how a certain character dies). The dialogue was good, the cinematography was superb, and the CGI for Ryuk was very nice. It does look odd, but not to where it becomes a strike against the film. So IMO, it can easily be voted one of the best live action anime films around (I'd consider it in my top 3 along with Rurouni Kenshin and Ichi the Killer).

I actually have the second one on request from my library, and unfortunately from information I read about when it first came out....the second movie takes a bit of liberties with the plot. But eh.

Misa: I think my ISP blocked the link you were speaking about.

Prop: I'll check it out later, bro. My bad for being a bit of a nuisance (to all of you) but that's what happens sometimes when you look for quality animes.

M3J: Lol, what do u mean?

Use proxy to bypass the ban by having a different IP address from another country.

Death Note sucks. It was decent at first, but it went to *censored* during the second half. Ryuk was the only decent character.

Misa was alright too, I guess until

she lost her memory and went full on fangirl.

I agree, but L was a good character.

Prop: I'll check it out later, bro. My bad for being a bit of a nuisance (to all of you) but that's what happens sometimes when you look for quality animes.

Use proxy to bypass the ban by having a different IP address from another country.

Death Note sucks. It was decent at first, but it went to *censored* during the second half. Ryuk was the only decent character.

Don't worry, I've found a website that Misa approved of himself. I wouldn't go through the proxy process just for an anime series (even if it is as acclaimed as Steins;Gate).

Don't worry, I've found a website that Misa approved of himself. I wouldn't go through the proxy process just for an anime series (even if it is as acclaimed as Steins;Gate).

But...but it's Steins Gate.

I watched a series (which was far too short, 13 episodes...) and I read that a new season of it is coming out this year. Woo. Although I watched in dub so that could take forever to be dubbed, boo.

It's Infinite Stratos.

It's just a sucky psuedo-mecha ecchi anime. Also, 13 episodes is hardly a short anime, especially for one like that. Look at anime like Bakemonogatari, where the longest season is 15 episodes long, while Nisemonogatari is 11, NekoBlack is four, and NekoWhite is five. None of those felt too short, despite (being a big fan of the series, plus) the large collection of manga the series is based from. With anime, I've learned that if it felt too short, it just wasn't that good. Some anime capitalize perfectly with only six episodes (Katanagatari), while some that are the general 24-30 episodes feel long enough without the need of pointless fillers. However many episodes an anime gets, there shouldn't be any excuse as to why it felt too short. I have a lot of anime in my collection that are 13 episodes long and none of them felt too short.

/rant

I knew the spelling, typo. It did feel too short though, not much actually happened and there seemed too many characters for such a short run. I know some go only for around 13 episodes but I'm use to longer really. Ah well, season two soon.

It was funny for what it was and also had serious moments. Maybe an actual antagonist could've made it better, there wasn't really one. But then what am I saying, I loved K-On! and that had no antagonist what so ever.

K-ON! is the best. You do not get better than K-ON!! Well, you could, but it'd be a different genre of anime.

Not sure if you're saying you like it or if you're just being sarcastic ¬_¬.

• 2 weeks later...

I read some of it and I just want to know whether you watched the live-action movies on a website. I'm wondering because your review interested me and I'm not usually a fan of live-action adaptations.

I watched them on DVD. My library had both of them so I got them from there.

They may have them. if not, they're pretty cheap on Amazon if you buy used. The CGI looks goofy at first, but you slowly get used to it. The actors capture the characters really good in my opinion, as I do state in the review itself.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

End season one with massive story twists and questions to be answered and there's yet to be a season two. ffs. Maybe I should've waited till season two was completed, I sure know how to pick animes. I won't care as much by the time the second season is actually done...

Date a live for anyone wondering.

Archived