The Official Anime and Manga Discussion Thread

Misatouki

Just finished up watching tenjou tenge -- not a bad show, just mostly focused on flashbacks to get the story across that was the only downside for me to be honest. more episodes could've cured that. there's only about 24 for the english dub which i prefer.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beelzebub is an awesome manga, pretty funny.

Not a fan of Beelzbub idk why just never really caught me and kept me reaing it.

Not sure if you're into gag manga. how many chapters have you read? IMO, you should go up to the end of the St. Ishiyama arc.

thinking of going back and watching Samurai Deeper Kyo again. Love that anime.

I think the Sengoku Basara anime could've been better if it stuck to being historically accurate.

Also Yu Yu Hakusho. Nuff said.

Some recent anime I'd recommend:

- Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui! (WataMote for short): Still very new, as the third episode airs in Japan this week. The plot is of a 15 year old girl who has dated over 100 boys... in a dating sim. In reality, she's a shut-it who wants to become popular. So she before the next year of school begins, she thinks she's figured out how to reach said goal of popularity... but if anything she's gotten worse. That's basically the beginning of the first episode. It's funny, and being two episodes deep, looks to be a decent watch.

- Nekomonogatari White: You need to watch Bakemonogatari, Nisemonogatari, and Nekomonogatari Black before watching this. Coalgirls has all three ready to download if you're interested, and Commiesubs is currently subbing NekoWhite as that continues airing in Japan.

- Servant x Service: Like the above anime, SxS is currently ongoing in Japan. I personally haven't seen it, but a friend says it's funny, and I've seen a couple of blogs I follow talk/reblog stuff (GIFs and screencaps) from it.

- Love Lab: Another ongoing comedy anime. The story revolves around Kurohashi Riko, who goes to an all-girls school. Riko is famous among her school for her tomboy-ish attitude, and has been dubbed The Wild One. Natsuo Maki, on the other hand, is famous for being a proper top-of-the-school student, who is the student council president. One day Riko walks into the student council room to drop of some papers, only to catch Maki practice-kissing a body pillow.

- Shingeki no Kyojin: I personally haven't seen this anme, but it seems to be gaining a bit of popularity, so I figured it was worth mentioning.

- Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko: This anime is a bit like Chuuni, with a little more ecchi. If you liked Chuuni and/or Oreshura, you'll like this.

(I got tired of typing out plots. Stop being a lazy ass and look it up yourself, if you're interested.)

- My Teenage RomCom SNAFU

- Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

- Kotonoha no Niwa

- Haiyore! Nyaruko W (Second season to Haiyore! Nyaruko-San)

- Suisei no Gargantia

- Aiura (anime shorts)

- Yuyushiki

All this talk about Death Note has made me want to rewatch it again. Having just finished the first episode, I can honestly say I'm hooked yet again. >_>

What website do you watch it on?

It was still on Netflix at the time of that post, but it's not anymore. It's on Hulu Plus though, I believe. Either way, I own it now.

All this talk about Death Note has made me want to rewatch it again. Having just finished the first episode, I can honestly say I'm hooked yet again. >_>

What website do you watch it on?

It was still on Netflix at the time of that post, but it's not anymore. It's on Hulu Plus though, I believe. Either way, I own it now.

Oh, I wanted to know if I could watch it on any website for free. Is Death Note on any channels at all then? I know it'll be far ahead now but I want to start watching animes/mangas for some reason. :P

Am I the only one who thinks Death Note is overrated?

Bloody Monday is awesome though. Manga, I mean. Dunno if anime exists.

Funny how I was about to post in this thread about watching Death Note today.

I've only watched the first 11 episodes and I think it's good but I won't call it the best anime and all of that.

Oh, the person you quoted and asked where to watch the anime posted like, almost two years ago. <_<

It is good overall, but L is the main reason why the manga is pretty good. After L, it's just bleh.

Also, try crunchyroll, I think?

Oh, the person you quoted and asked where to watch the anime posted like, almost two years ago. <_<

It is good overall, but L is the main reason why the manga is pretty good. After L, it's just bleh.

Also, try crunchyroll, I think?

That's because I had never entered this thread until yesterday so I started reading from the first page onwards. Also, he replied to my first question so I didn't completely look like an idiot. :P

Wait, how many seasons of Death Note are there? I'm currently watching the first series (I think there are 37/38 episodes).

I wasn't commenting on that, there's no problem with replying to an old post or thread regardless of what people say. It's just that your reply to me confused me because I thought you already mentioned Death Note. :x

I dunno, I only read manga since Naruto and DBZ have chased me away from all anime.

It is a pretty overrated anime, but that's to be expected with most anime shown on American television. Albeit, that doesn't mean it's terrible, but it certainly is not a masterpiece.

Anyway, Death Note is two seasons. The first season is about 16 or so episodes, while the second season is the other half of the whole series. There aren't anymore episodes after the 37, but there is apparently a movie or alternate episode. I'm not entirely sure what it is suppose to be.

I dunno, I only read manga since Naruto and DBZ have chased me away from all anime.

You shouldn't let two (bad) anime ruin the chance of trying at least one or two more. Take Steins;Gate for example, it's a fantastic show. I can't say anything on the manga because I've still yet to come around to reading it, but the anime is great. Then there's Welcome to the NHK, which I heard bad things of the manga, but the anime is one of my favorites, alongside Steins;Gate.

anyone here read and/or watch Rosario + Vampire?

It's basically your typical love harem anime, but Mizore is my waifu. :shift:

I wasn't commenting on that, there's no problem with replying to an old post or thread regardless of what people say. It's just that your reply to me confused me because I thought you already mentioned Death Note. :x

I don't think I have. If I did, I'm pretty sure I asked about how I can watch it because I wanted to start watching animes.

Misatouki: Thanks, that makes sense because I seen 37 English-dubbed episodes but thought that if there were more, I would have to try and find them through a safe link.

Is One Piece great? I heard people raving over that too.

anyone here read and/or watch Rosario + Vampire?

I read some bits here and there, I think. It looks like an interesting story.

You shouldn't let two (bad) anime ruin the chance of trying at least one or two more. Take Steins;Gate for example, it's a fantastic show. I can't say anything on the manga because I've still yet to come around to reading it, but the anime is great. Then there's Welcome to the NHK, which I heard bad things of the manga, but the anime is one of my favorites, alongside Steins;Gate.

I agree... but I can't handle fillers, they're either boring or misrepresent characters. Naruto was made out to be an idiot in his anime fillers, like when he got lost goin to the arena for the chuunin exam tournament. I hear great thins about Steins;Gate though. Main problem wiht anime is that I don't like watching videos as much either. It's hard enough to read, I'd rather spend time watching different videos (on YouTube).

Otherwise you're definitely right, it's stupid to let few bad animes ruin the whole experience.

I don't think I have. If I did, I'm pretty sure I asked about how I can watch it because I wanted to start watching animes.

Misatouki: Thanks, that makes sense because I seen 37 English-dubbed episodes but thought that if there were more, I would have to try and find them through a safe link.

Is One Piece great? I heard people raving over that too.

Let's leave off this subject, otherwise I'll get even more confused. <_<

One Piece the manga is pretty awesome. I've read great reviews for the anime too, and some of the clips I've seen on YouTube are hilarious. The art in the manga is different though, many say it's bad, though I think it suits the theme well.

Regarding fillers, I completely agree, but that's the beauty in some of the shorter anime series that last between 10 and 30 episodes. I still can't understand how you can manage to add filler episodes into a 12 or 27 episode anime, but somehow it still happens. I'm looking at you, Sword Art Online, Black Lagoon, Ergo Proxy, GantZ, Gurren Lagann, etc. However, I can't seem to remember any fillers in anime such as Steins;Gate, Robotics;Notes, Katanagatari, Fractale, Ano Hana, or the Bakemonogatari series.

The most frustrating series has to be the second season of Haruhi Suzumiya, where they literally replay the same episode eight times during the Endless Eight story arc. The characters are stuck in this Groundhog Day time loop of eight weeks, which has apparently looped over 15,000 times. Now, I get where replaying the episode makes sense... but replaying it for eight episodes in a 14 episode series is ridiculous.

I wonder why they just include filler episodes, though. Maybe they don't feel like letting go of the series they are creating so they just expand their storylines? Eh.

Death Note is becoming pretty great (I'm on the 16th episode, I think), I'm going to watch Hajime No Ippo after I'm done with DN. Is HNI as good as they say?

Archived