The Official Anime and Manga Discussion Thread

Misatouki

I honestly couldn't wrap my head around FLCL. The animation was terrible for a start, but even the ideas behind it just left me crippled mentally. Then there was the woeful voices and sound effects. Just one big disaster that 'll never grasp how anybody enjoyed. Dropped after one episode.

Interesting that most of the anime you've watched is mid to late 90s. I find it quite hard to watch anime from that far back at times, due to the obvious and notable drop in animation quality.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh and a while ago I watched some of Sailer Moon as I heared it was good but then it was horrible and lso the accents of the characters annoyed me, specifically the best mate of the main character.

I'm trying to keep up with Deadman Wonderland on Toonami every week but honestly the bleeping and shit is such a reoccurring distraction that I wonder whether I should just watch subbed.

Still haven't finished Darker Than Black (I'm slow to finish any show), but I like it so far. Extremely slow paced though.

There is no uncensored version of Deadman Wonderland, as far as what I've been able to find.

Don't watch the second season of DTB, it's horrendous. Seriously... watch the OVAs if you'd like, but DO NOT *censored*ING WATCH THE SECOND SEASON OF DARKER THAN BLACK!

I also didn't want to be left out, so...

http://myanimelist.n...elist/Misatouki

I don't think that's everything, though... and I'll probably forget about making a profile in a week or so... :shift:

Finished Starship Operators and Squid Girl two days ago.

Would give Squid Girl an 8/10, because it was really easy to watch, and had plenty of fun moments. Liked the characters a lot in that one. Starship Operators gets a generous 7/10. First couple of episodes were a lot of hard work, but the last 4 episodes really picked up and were pretty enjoyable. Not really an abundance of good characters. Even the main character was quite undeveloped.

Now watching Shakugan no Shana, which is interesting so far.

Has anyone here seen Elfen Lied? If so, what did you think?

Also, recently started watching Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex which pretty much tuned to everything I find cool, so I'm loving that right now.

I'm trying to keep up with Deadman Wonderland on Toonami every week but honestly the bleeping and shit is such a reoccurring distraction that I wonder whether I should just watch subbed.

Still haven't finished Darker Than Black (I'm slow to finish any show), but I like it so far. Extremely slow paced though.

There is no uncensored version of Deadman Wonderland, as far as what I've been able to find.

Don't watch the second season of DTB, it's horrendous. Seriously... watch the OVAs if you'd like, but DO NOT *censored*ING WATCH THE SECOND SEASON OF DARKER THAN BLACK!

I don't think that's everything, though... and I'll probably forget about making a profile in a week or so... :shift:

I'll watch it anyway. >_>

Well, if I enjoy the first season enough whenever I finally finish it I will.

I hold it more around a 7 or 8. Personally, I really wanted to enjoy it and I thought it was great at getting interesting, but the ending and open ends disappointed me.

And I hate Yuka.

I agree that the art was pretty beautiful, though the character design was distractedly generic.

Still though, it's one of the few anime I wouldn't give a high score to that had stuff I really loved about it. I didn't care for most of the characters except for Lucy and Nana, and I thought the stuff with Nana and Chief Kurama was amazing.

I think the drama in it was very strong, which is sometimes lacking in something with a theme like that that involves supernatural beings and what have you. I mean there was so much room for mindless fights, but it was only used sparingly and to further that plot or characters. I prefer that rather than just fill time with a fight or something unnecessary. I feel as though I could easily watch each episode back to back too, as it was really well paced throughout.

I'm in the obvious minority in saying that I didn't really like Elfen Lied.

Has anyone here seen Elfen Lied? If so, what did you think?

Also, recently started watching Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex which pretty much tuned to everything I find cool, so I'm loving that right now.

I'll watch it anyway. >_>

Well, if I enjoy the first season enough whenever I finally finish it I will.

NO, DON'T YOU DARE! Believe me, I loved the first season, but the second was so terrible, it ruined the good in the first season.

Last night I finished watching Shakugan no Shana and I have to say it was pretty good. I was pretty invested in the main characters, even to the point that I was saying 'go away' out loud at points when Shana's 'rival' for Yuki was onscreen. Overall, pretty good. One problem was that nothing was explained, and so a lot of the time you were left thinking, 'well why does this matter?' as it wasn't clear what the significance was. Still good overall.

Also, I started a new anime, Puni Puni Poemy. It's up there with the most confusing things i've ever seen. It's just batshit insane. I'm not sure how far through it i'll get to be honest.

Pokemon was 97 and Digimon was 99 wasn't it? When they aired was obviously different for different countries, but that was the Japanese releases I think.

Anime wise Pokemon did beat Digimon to the punch, but franchise wise Digimon came first. Before Red and Green were released, Digimon started as those little pocket machines like Hamaguchi.

Ultra Maniac, adorable and hilarious. I love it so.

• 1 month later...

Bump.

Kokoro Connect is pretty good. Lots of funny bits in it, but it's a pretty deep anime. Gets you right in the heart, and all that shit. I thought it was pretty *censored*ed up how the group of friends were set on which one of them had to die. Then it turns out that nobody was really going to die to begin with. :lol:

Why can't we in America get a release of Yosuga No Sora? I don't mind watching it online, but I am not paying a hundred dollars for a DVD of it from Japan when I could probably burn the episodes onto a DVD-R.

Lmao. I think you know why. Speaking of that I need to go finish it. My backlog is huge

Why can't we in America get a release of Yosuga No Sora? I don't mind watching it online, but I am not paying a hundred dollars for a DVD of it from Japan when I could probably burn the episodes onto a DVD-R.

Lmao. I think you know why. Speaking of that I need to go finish it. My backlog is huge

Just put it straigh to DVD and I'd be happy. If they sell hentai at F.Y.E., they can sell Yosuga No Sora.

My backlog is basically, empty lol. I've caught up with all of the series I've needed to.

Archived