The Official Anime and Manga Discussion Thread

Misatouki

I watched both seasons of Bakuman and enjoyed them both. I liked the first season a bit more than the second one though. After watching all the episodes, I had to start reading the manga, but I will watch the next season when it comes out as I prefer the anime than the manga.

Bakuman was good for as interesting as they can make an Otaku manga.

What's something simple to start with? All the anime I've ever watched was the new crappy Marvel ones and Pokemon/Yu-Gi-Oh.

Beelzebub, Fairy Tail also Full Metal Panic is pretty good.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Lyriqz, since you just finished watching Brotherhood, could you answer this question? Just something I thought of and I can't really answer myself since it's been awhile since I watched the anime. The alchemy symbol inside Alphonse's armor is what brought Al back to life and is needed to stay there so that he could live. Now what I just thought of is why is it there? Edward already was able to transmute without the need of alchemy symbols, so couldn't he have brought Al back without putting using his blood to make the circle? Or was it Ed's arm that had him see the door?

I watched the first episodes Tasogare Otome x Amnesia and Tsuritama. Both look interesting, and the art for Tsuritama is very eye-catching. Not too sure what it's about, though...

The second episode of Sankarea was kind of depressing, but I see where the plot is going now. This is probably the first zombie anime I'm interesting in.

• 1 month later...

LIVE DAMN YOU, LIVE!

So yeah, current ongoing anime I recommend (from most interesting to least of the group):

• Hyouka
  • Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka? of the Dead (second season, comedy)
  • Sankarea
  • Tsuritama
  • Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
  • Upotte!!
  • Mysterious Girlfriend X

Not sure about any of the other ones. I had no idea that Mirai Nikki was going to be over 12 episodes long, considering all the other anime that was coming out during that time were all short as well. I stopped at episode 12, and was like, "WTF kind of ending is that? So there's gonna be a second season, I guess..." Need to catch up on that one. Kill Me Baby is pretty hilarious, for anybody looking for some (basically) plotless comedy anime.

Finally up to date with Bleach, or the dub at least. Also finally got around to watching K-ON!, which was pretty good too.

Currently watching Squid Girl and Starship Operators. Squid Girl is fun and easy to watch, but Starship Operators is pretty poor. Only 13 episodes though, so I may as well finish it.

Anyone else use myanimelist.net?

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/alexdean

I have the feeling i've missed a few things off that i've watched, but I can't remember what they were.

^Prepare for disappointment.

Finally up to date with Bleach, or the dub at least. Also finally got around to watching K-ON!, which was pretty good too.

Currently watching Squid Girl and Starship Operators. Squid Girl is fun and easy to watch, but Starship Operators is pretty poor. Only 13 episodes though, so I may as well finish it.

http://myanimelist.n...melist/alexdean

I have the feeling i've missed a few things off that i've watched, but I can't remember what they were.

Bitch, stop holding out and watch The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and Welcome to the NHK already.

Need help finding something to watch. It has to be available with an English Dub, and not be Naruto or anything equally gay.

Ergo Proxy, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, DuRaRaRa!!, GantZ, Lucky Star, Welcome to the NHK... pick your poison.

HAH!

Also, I found this reply to one of your comments a bit humorous with your current sig:

I don't know why, but I keep reading "business" as bunnies in that post...

I can see the future.

Other than a select few, I don't know if anyone here likes it, so how many people are fans of DB/DBZ/DBGT?

GT was horrible, DBZ was good for it's time but compared to almost anything else, it's not the best anime around or anything. Tons of filler and a generic action plot kind of holds it back.

But like many, it was a staple of my childhood.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to keep up with Deadman Wonderland on Toonami every week but honestly the bleeping and shit is such a reoccurring distraction that I wonder whether I should just watch subbed.

Still haven't finished Darker Than Black (I'm slow to finish any show), but I like it so far. Extremely slow paced though.

Dragon Ball Z would be my first suggestion to anyone new to anime.

I know this is late as hell, but for a person's first recommendation on getting into anime, you suggest them a show with nearly 300 episodes, probably half of which are filler, and has basically the same plot through the entire series? DBZ was good when people were 7. If someone never saw anime and was over the age of 12, showing them DBZ would be a good way to keep them from ever watching anime again in their life.

http://myanimelist.n...melist/alexdean

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/UncannyDoom

Mine pales in comparison. Good to see you don't like Fooly Cooly either though. Overrated like hell.

Archived