The Official Anime and Manga Discussion Thread

Misatouki

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've recently started to watch Code Geass R2. It sucks so much.

Also, can somebody please explain Fruits Basket to me? To this day I still don't understand the plot.

While I agree that R1 was much better I think it's a bit harsh to say it sucks, I mean it does indeed finishe the storyline etc. sooooo....

Mh, Full Metal Panic is allright I guess, has some fun moments and I like some characters but the Fighting with the robot's is really kinda dumb and totally out of the blue, I felt like they complemented it way better in Code Geass. Meh, 4 episodes to go, I foresee a over rushed ending like Full Metal Alchemist. Damn, I get dissapointed with a lot of endings actually. FMA, probably FMP, Code Geass R2 (kinda) Soul Eater. Damn... Soul Eater, I loved the show but the last 10-15 minutes were so unsatisfying.

Full Metal Alchemist: The Brotherhood is starting shortly after the first few shows right ? In the first episode, Hughes doesn't even know them so it has to be, will it be that way completely ? I really hate when they do that, just like with Darker than black... Is it good ? Can anyone give me a little overview ?

But, like in the first Brotherhood episode, the immense damage from the freezing guy, why did noone mention that in the original series ? The city was completely fine. Ugh..

Full Metal Alchemist: The Brotherhood is starting shortly after the first few shows right ? In the first episode, Hughes doesn't even know them so it has to be, will it be that way completely ? I really hate when they do that, just like with Darker than black... Is it good ? Can anyone give me a little overview ?

But, like in the first Brotherhood episode, the immense damage from the freezing guy, why did noone mention that in the original series ? The city was completely fine. Ugh..

Brotherhood and the 2004 series having nothing to do with each other. And yeah, the first episode of Brotherhood is filler. lol.

Brotherhood and the 2004 series having nothing to do with each other. And yeah, the first episode of Brotherhood is filler. lol.

Ah, allright, guess I just have to wait then :D Thanks.

Pretty much given up on Darker Than Black now. I was about 16 episodes in, and still had no connection to the characters, so I felt it was time to quit. Started B Gata H Kei and one episode in I already feel like these characters are better developed and more interesting. It's also got a quirky side, which is something I always look for.

Gotta say that Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood is WAY better than the standart version (aka not the manga) it just seems to be better constructed. Not surprising but oh well. Also, aside from the filler episode with Jean in the first series, I like the way they implement humour way more.

What's something simple to start with? All the anime I've ever watched was the new crappy Marvel ones and Pokemon/Yu-Gi-Oh.

Afro Samurai is a really good starter anime, as it's not in full blown Japanese style, so it's good as a way to ease in. After that there's Bleach, Code Geass, Elfen Lied, Fate Stay Night which are all good and have a good amount of action. If you want a more drama based one, you could look at Clannad, Lucky Star, B Gata H kei.

Oh, and the first two seasons of Digimon are outstanding.

What's something simple to start with? All the anime I've ever watched was the new crappy Marvel ones and Pokemon/Yu-Gi-Oh.

Afro Samurai is a really good starter anime, as it's not in full blown Japanese style, so it's good as a way to ease in. After that there's Bleach, Code Geass, Elfen Lied, Fate Stay Night which are all good and have a good amount of action. If you want a more drama based one, you could look at Clannad, Lucky Star, B Gata H kei.

Oh, and the first two seasons of Digimon are outstanding.

I personally found the first three seasons of Digimon to be really good.

I watched both seasons of Bakuman and enjoyed them both. I liked the first season a bit more than the second one though. After watching all the episodes, I had to start reading the manga, but I will watch the next season when it comes out as I prefer the anime than the manga.

Ano Natsu de Matteru, Nisemonogatari, and Another were all pretty good anime. I found Nisemonogatari more hilarious than the first season, but it was awkward, especially more so when it got a bit incestuous. Ano Natsu de Matteru was good for what it was, being a romantic-ish anime. It felt a bit lazy though that everybody's reaction to one of the characters being an alien was all "yeah, that's cool, I had a feeling." Another was great, and HOLY SHIT do so many people die around the last couple of episodes!

Sankarea started this week, and it looks interesting. Though, I'm honestly not too sure what it's about yet.

Archived