The Official Anime and Manga Discussion Thread

Misatouki

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<p>TheNetworkZ-Sasuke attacks the Kages only get his a** handed to him,put gets saved by Kishi's hard on.Tobi starts a war pitting akatsuki against the five nations.Kabuto uses Edo Tensei to bring back a bunch of dead peopl for akatsuki's side as well as kidnap yamato to make about 10,000 white zetsus.Narutwat gets another powerup and apparently befriends the fox(whose name is apparently kurama)to get yet another powerup.The only way to beat the edos is through massive TNJ and PNJ plus sealing.The majority of them let themselves lose.The real Madara is also revealed.Haven't actually read Naruto since October so I'm not sure about some stuff.

To whoever listed Disgaea as to watch,don't.Play the games instead.

Sounds like a bunch of overkill to me.

And I agree with whoever recommended Gurren Lagann. I watched it before there was so much hype and such, great anime. If you don't cry at all during the series you're a robot.

I recently managed to buy a complete set of Law of Ueki and Law of Ueki + manga, and the complete tv series bundled with it.

I have two LoU mangas before the purchase, that I found while cleaning my room. Picked it up, read it, then nostalgia kicked in so I decided to buy the bundle :D

For those who have not seen it yet, it has a typical Shonen plot, with powerups and such, and it is short. The thing that made me love this manga though is Ueki himself, who's main selling point is his unselfishness. I kinda see myself on him, gotta dye my hair green soon lol.

4 episodes into Darker Than Black and so far i'm neither impressed nor disappointed. Not quite sure what the hell is going on, but it's not enough for me to stop watching it yet.

Yeah I had that at the beginning aswell, I just didn't got how the contractors got their powers, but I just kept watching, and later when I ognored the confusing part, I liked it a lot.

Can anyone recomend some good animes?

I seen all of the DBZ's, Cowboy Bebop, Sailor Moon, Shin-Chan (if that counts lol), some Big-O, some Fullmetal Alchemist, Elfen Lied, and I'm watching Darker Than Black currently. I enjoy it so far.

Try One Piece Claymore & Deathnote, they are a couple that you may like, judging what you have previously watched. I'm re-watching DBZ again(for like the 20th time,lol)

BTW I'm currently reading Darker than Black,also I know about Elfen Lied, never watched it though, how did you find it?

I seen all of the DBZ's, Cowboy Bebop, Sailor Moon, Shin-Chan (if that counts lol), some Big-O, some Fullmetal Alchemist, Elfen Lied, and I'm watching Darker Than Black currently. I enjoy it so far.

Try One Piece Claymore & Deathnote, they are a couple that you may like, judging what you have previously watched. I'm re-watching DBZ again(for like the 20th time,lol)

BTW I'm currently reading Darker than Black,also I know about Elfen Lied, never watched it though, how did you find it?

On Netflix. lol it was on the anime list so I said what the heck... At first I thought it was going to be one of them overly nude perverted ones cause of the intro but I must say, it was a good one. Only 12 episodes though and the ending made me say wtf... lol

I will give Claymore and One Piece... And Deathnote... I actually believe I watched some of that awhile ago.

*update*

I am 3 episodes into Claymore and LOVE it! Thank you! :)

On Netflix. lol it was on the anime list so I said what the heck... At first I thought it was going to be one of them overly nude perverted ones cause of the intro but I must say, it was a good one. Only 12 episodes though and the ending made me say wtf... lol

I will give Claymore and One Piece... And Deathnote... I actually believe I watched some of that awhile ago.

*update*

I am 3 episodes into Claymore and LOVE it! Thank you! :)

Your welcome!

BTW although the Claymore anime is completed, the manga (original comic version) is still ongoing. I still have some other suggestions, if you need anymore later.

I don't honestly care for too many of the television shows, but there are a lot of great anime movies. You should look into anything by Studio Ghibli (Hayao Miyazaki), Katsuhiro Otomo, etc. Spirited Away, Steamboy, Howl's Moving Castle, Akira, Princess Mononoke, etc. Also, check out the Cowboy Bebop movie if you haven't already seen it.

I am really in the mood to watch Death Note again and I was thinking, well, let's make it different, let's watch the german dub, and now I don't know if I should laugh or cry because they really did gave Kira the same voice actor, they used for J.D. from Scrubs in the german version. I mean, I just can't take that serious...

I don't think I could watch Death Note again. In fact I don't think I could watch any anime series again. I tried to watch Clannad again, and I was in bits half way into the first episode because of how much I loved the characters and just seeing them and knowing what would happen killed me inside. I suppose that's the sign of a terrific show, but it makes it impossible to watch again.

I imagine Death Note would be much less enjoyable a second time, because a lot of the suspense will be gone.

If nobody has seen it yet, I tediously recommend Scrapped Princess or Fate Stay Night. Both are pretty good shows and aren't too long or too short.

I watched all the Claymore ones and loved it. I actually remember watching some Death Note ones awhile back when I was watching Cowboy Bebop. I remember it being pretty good. Any other suggestions people have for me? I stopped watching Darker than Black as it kind of lost me. I guess I have to be in the mood for it so I'll save that for later. I like ones that have love stories tied into them. They don't have to be the base of the story though. I always loved love stories in anime, cartoons and movies.

Archived