The Official Anime and Manga Discussion Thread

Misatouki

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought that I may as well see it through, but wow, talk about a let down. Worst anime that i've watched that comes to memory, but that's mostly down to the ending being retarded.

I'm going to start Lucky Star tonight.

Lucky Star is considered the Seinfeld of anime. :lol:

I like it, but there's no plot, and it's all just randomness.

Lucky Star apparently parodies other anime and shit, I guess. There are hilarious clips on YouTube, actually, and I liked the anime enough to want to give it and the manga a chance.

Also, sexy Yu Yu Hakusho sig.

Lucky Star apparently parodies other anime and shit, I guess. There are hilarious clips on YouTube, actually, and I liked the anime enough to want to give it and the manga a chance.

Also, sexy Yu Yu Hakusho sig.

Lots, Clannad, Kanon, Haruhi Suzumiya, Yu-Gi-Oh, Gurren Lagann, Pokemon, Gundam, Dragon Ball Z, and Code Geass are all just a few of the animes they parody. Lots of the stuff is very subtle stuff as well, such as when Konata is talking about why she's late for class. It's a reference to how the main character from Kanon meets Ayu. Then the teacher responds with, "Uguu," which was her catchphrase of sorts.

Then the references can be in-your-face obvious, like Haruhi being in a soda commercial, Konata and her dad talking about Gundam and Pokemon, then the stuffed Keroro's in the UFO catcher. It's one of the first anime shows I got into (not counting the ones I watched as a little youngin').

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking for a solid adventure anime to watch, kind of like a soul eater - bleach type anime if that makes sense. If anyone could toss one my way that'd be tight! Dubbed/Subbed it doesn't matter!

I've heard good things about Fairy Tail.

Actually fudgeface, you could always watch The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. It's pretty much by the same crew that made Lucky Star, and the main girl (Haruhi) is voiced by the same actor as Konata's (both the Japanese and English ones). That's another anime in my top ten, above Lucky Star. There's two seasons (26 or 28 episodes altogether), and a movie (The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya), which is pretty amazing.

Oh yeah, there's a Lucky Star OVA too, if you haven't seen that yet.

Mh, can anyone recommend a Anime that is somehow like Death Note and Code Geass ? Basically just the generic teenager-appealing story of a student who somehow has great mind wars with an epic opponent. You know... The usual.

No but seriously even though they are kinda generic of you look at it nowadays I loved them and I am really prefering the thought process in them over the action so I was wondering of anyone can recomend something, watched Darker than Black and I highly enjoyed it, to bad the second season isn't dubbed =( I also started Ergo Proxy but the whole look is, ah not exactly my taste.

I'm looking for a solid adventure anime to watch, kind of like a soul eater - bleach type anime if that makes sense. If anyone could toss one my way that'd be tight! Dubbed/Subbed it doesn't matter!

Dragon Ball (Not Dragon Ball Z), Naruto, One Piece... not sure if I know any others. OP is definitely an adventure anime, and is part of hte Big 3 - Naruto, ONe Piece, and Bleach. OP is pirate kind of stuff and is heavy on the humor and on fighting.

Mh, can anyone recommend a Anime that is somehow like Death Note and Code Geass ? Basically just the generic teenager-appealing story of a student who somehow has great mind wars with an epic opponent. You know... The usual.

No but seriously even though they are kinda generic of you look at it nowadays I loved them and I am really prefering the thought process in them over the action so I was wondering of anyone can recomend something, watched Darker than Black and I highly enjoyed it, to bad the second season isn't dubbed =( I also started Ergo Proxy but the whole look is, ah not exactly my taste.

Not sure if they made this into an anime yet or not, but it's an amazing manga: Bloody Monday. There's Season 1, 2, and 3, and 3 is the finale and ongoing. Definitely better than Death Note in my opinion.

Oh, and if any of you are lookin for a manga to read or anime to watch, go for Beelzebub. *censored*ing hilarious and awesome, it's an action/comedy and makes me think it parodies shounen. If it does, it does it well.

Archived