The Official Anime and Manga Discussion Thread

Misatouki

You don't watch Manga. -_-

You read Manga, you watch Anime.

Maybe he doesn't read the manga, and just looks at the pictures? :shifty:

Anybody else read some light novels? The only ones I've read have been the Haruhi Suzumiya ones.

thats what i do

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Episode 3 of Mirai Nikki, the transition from all those happy moments to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEwIySwa1is

... made the scene a whole lot scarier than you're probably thinking just watching this clip. Awesome show, and it's following the manga nicely.

Still... I don't think anything will be more creepy than this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4Ag1TAR-jc

Hunter X Hunter owns all. :rolleyes:

That is entirely untrue. HunterXHunter isn't even that good compared to other anime out there.

:lol:

it's okay, it's my opinion, sorry. :)

To be honest, I like it very much, it's a little underrated but if you say it's not good, then it's not good. The storyline is going great again after those hiatuses. What I like about it is that it's not all battle like Naruto or other shonen out there, it deals more with logic on how to defeat the opponents in the quickest and convincing way possible. I like that. Togashi is good with those type of Shonen, as he did not start with a battle manga at all.

Other series that I'm interested are: Death Note, Bakuman, Beck, Yu Yu Hakusho, Ral Grad,Toriko.

To those who are reading HxH right now, man, I 'm scared of Alluka.

I don't really watch much Anime but I do read a ridiculous amount of Manga. At the moment I'm reading around half the stuff in Weekly Shonen Jump along with D Grayman and Fairy Tail. And that's not counting the things I've read in the past too.

I used to watch anime like Dragonball Z, Muscle, Beyblade, Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Digimon, Card Captors and all that but now it's all about the manga.

I couldn't get into Reborn! for ages but then I committed myself and got to Volume 8 when it became more battle-like and it became really good.

same here. and once it became more battle like, it became really good with the inclusion of those box weapons etc. I met the author, Amano Akira and she's really nice but told the convention she's planning on a romance themed manga.

I couldn't get into Reborn! for ages but then I committed myself and got to Volume 8 when it became more battle-like and it became really good.

Yeah, I think I watched the first few episodes, and was just like "FTS". I got back into it about three months back, and once I got to the part with Mukuro, I was hooked.

Also, episode four of Mirai Nikki was good. I watched Guilty Crown as well, and it was pretty good too.

I finished Clannad last night. I probably haven't bean that tearful to anything before. Pretty much nonstop tears from episode 16 to 22. The ending was a nice way to cheer me up though. Very well done, thankfully, or I may have had to spend the rest of my life in misery.

KEY is an amazing company for romance anime. Clannad and Air and Angel beats had me crying.

Hijame no ippo is such a good manga! I have not gotten into reborn yet.. so volume 8 it really picks up?

I finished Clannad last night. I probably haven't bean that tearful to anything before. Pretty much nonstop tears from episode 16 to 22. The ending was a nice way to cheer me up though. Very well done, thankfully, or I may have had to spend the rest of my life in misery.

Don't watch the second season... there is no happy ending in that one. :cry:

Oh yeah, Toradora! got pretty *censored*ing depressing as well. :fedup:

I did watch it, and yes there is.

I did watch it, and yes there is.

Oh, well I don't remember it then. Then again, I may be talking about the movie.

Kanon was also pretty depressing, and I'm pretty sure it's the same people who made Clannad. Though, the story for one of the characters is *censored*ing weird.

Need help finding something to watch. It has to be available with an English Dub, and not be Naruto or anything equally gay.

Ergo Proxy, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, DuRaRaRa!!, GantZ, Lucky Star, Welcome to the NHK... pick your poison.

• 2 weeks later...

I finished watching Air last night. It makes no sense. It's like they forgot to put half the episodes in that explain what the hell is going on.

You actually watched that show? :lol:

I didn't even bother with it, after watching the first episode. I recommend Welcome to the NHK if you're still looking for a new show to watch. It is dubbed by the way, and it's actually one of the few shows I enjoy dubbed over the subs.

Archived