The Official Anime and Manga Discussion Thread

Misatouki

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, what's the fifteen most popular animes in America and Japan?

I dunno, I'm sure Pokemon, DragonBall Z, Bleach, and Naruto are up there though.

You forgot Death Note, Ghost in Shell and Soul Eater.

:P

I think Soul Eater is popular. ;A ;

Idk one of my favs. So much I'll be cosplaying as a character from there.

WEE!

No idea for Japan but it's a little easier to say for America.

Dragonball Z

Naruto

Bleach

Cowboy Bebop

Gundam Wing

Inuyasha

Death Note

Rurouni Kenshin

Full Metal Alchemist

Code Geass

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

Sailor Moon

Pokemon

Yu-Gi-Oh

No order.

I dunno, I'm sure Pokemon, DragonBall Z, Bleach, and Naruto are up there though.

You forgot Death Note, Ghost in Shell and Soul Eater.

:P

I think Soul Eater is popular. ;A ;

Idk one of my favs. So much I'll be cosplaying as a character from there.

WEE!

I guess. I wouldn't say I liked Death Note (it was good the first watch), and I haven't seen Ghost in the Shell yet. I like Soul Eater, but I wouldn't think it's all that popular here in the states, to put it next to Pokemon, Naruto, or DragonBall Z. DEATH THE KIDO!!!!

Man I'd totally put Avatar down for this list, but it's not anime sadly. Surprising lol.

Lolol. It's not.

But anime is the inspiration for the style and everything for Avatar. v:

No doubt.

I guess. I wouldn't say I liked Death Note (it was good the first watch), and I haven't seen Ghost in the Shell yet. I like Soul Eater, but I wouldn't think it's all that popular here in the states, to put it next to Pokemon, Naruto, or DragonBall Z. DEATH THE KIDO!!!!

I've honestly never read either. My white otaku friends told me to watch them.

LOL.

Besides Soul Eater, I think it's pretty popular. Especially since if you have netflix. They have the english version on there. But compared to those three. Nothing can compare. :|

LOLOL.

Naw, I be cosplaying as Eurka the Frog Witch. That way during cons I can throw a gaint tadpole around and sit on it when I tired. >83

Man I'd totally put Avatar down for this list, but it's not anime sadly. Surprising lol.

Lolol. It's not.

But anime is the inspiration for the style and everything for Avatar. v:

No doubt.

I've honestly never read either. My white otaku friends told me to watch them.

LOL.

Besides Soul Eater, I think it's pretty popular. Especially since if you have netflix. They have the english version on there. But compared to those three. Nothing can compare. :|

LOLOL.

Naw, I be cosplaying as Eurka the Frog Witch. That way during cons I can throw a gaint tadpole around and sit on it when I tired. >83

Ugh, the dubs make me cry. Then again, there aren't many dubbed anime that I find good.

I've cosplayed as Prof. Stein before.

Anime Series i watch that are dubbed

Sailor moon: i watched it when i was a kid, thought it was good, and I thought sailor moon was pretty

Pokemon: I thought it was great, until 4kidz changed everyones voices, then i stopped watching

Yu-gi-oh: Watched all of duelist kingdom, watched all of battle city, but once they added the third brother noah, and those guys who use the green seal, i couldnt follow it anymore

CardCaptors: I dont remember much of it, but i remember i liked it when i was a kid

Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo: it was odd, weird, and wacky...and i loved watching it haha

Naruto: i really this show, up until the naruto and sasuke fight, after that it was just filler..

Death Note: simple, death note=AWESOME

One piece: thought is was ok, then i saw it subbed then everything changed (i saw dubbed by 4kids first), funimation does a pretty good job with it now though

FMA Brotherhood: watching as it comes out on adultswim, only seen 3 episodes so far, but i really like it haha

Animes ive tried watching but couldnt sub/dub

Dragon ball z(dub): it fighting is really good, when they have it. But to me there is just too much talking, sometimes it takes up an entire episode

Bleach(dub): Began watching it the middle of the series, tried to follow it, it was too confusing and too many characters

Naruto shippuden(sub/dub): tried watching it (on many occassions) theres just something missing that doesnt keep me captivated, so i just dont watch.

But my favorite series Anime or Manga(the only manga i ever wanted to read) is One Piece, it has everything i wanted in an anime, its funny, emotional, it has a good story, and it has good fight scenes. I like it both pre and post time skip. I love this series.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to give my opinion :)

You don't watch Manga. -_-

You read Manga, you watch Anime.

Maybe he doesn't read the manga, and just looks at the pictures? :shifty:

Anybody else read some light novels? The only ones I've read have been the Haruhi Suzumiya ones.

Archived