The Official Anime and Manga Discussion Thread

Misatouki

Finished Elfen Lied last night and I do believe that it was potentially the best thing i've watched all year. Such a powerful anime, which was really moving at times. I also think people exaggerated some of the themes involved in the show. I wasn't appalled by anything in it, and everything was very tastefully done.

Just to clear that up.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished Elfen Lied last night and I do believe that it was potentially the best thing i've watched all year. Such a powerful anime, which was really moving at times. I also think people exaggerated some of the themes involved in the show. I was appalled by anything in it, and everything was very tastefully done.

Go buy the anime series and drop it off at some play ground then see how happy the parents of the kid who found it are.

Finished Elfen Lied last night and I do believe that it was potentially the best thing i've watched all year. Such a powerful anime, which was really moving at times. I also think people exaggerated some of the themes involved in the show. I was appalled by anything in it, and everything was very tastefully done.

Well you're easy to please. It was okay, but nothing all that worthy to orgasm over. Again, Steins;Gate...

Finished Elfen Lied last night and I do believe that it was potentially the best thing i've watched all year. Such a powerful anime, which was really moving at times. I also think people exaggerated some of the themes involved in the show. I wasn't appalled by anything in it, and everything was very tastefully done.

Just to clear that up.

Just to clear that up.

Cool story bro.

Just to clear that up.

Cool story bro.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAA, no. Wrong context for that reply.

I was meaning anime/mangas..

Is anime a singular and plural word?

It depends on context. Anime can refer to the entire genre, for example, "I like anime" - as in, everything with J animation. Or, it can apply to a singularity, such as. " I like 'X anime'".

What a bunch of a weeab--

Anyway. I'm not an Anime/Manga fan, but i have watched four i believe, those being;

Death Note (It's really rare, doubt any of you know it)

Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro (A Detective anime i guess, it was pretty decent and funny, the "whodunnit" parts were pretty obvious most of the time or completely out there, i only watched it due to the JUMP Ultimate Stars Game)

Pom Poko (A Film i watched years a go about either badgers or racoons, they turn into humans and try protect their forest, i can't remember it too well, randomly caught it on tv, t'was good though)

Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem (Yeah, Daft Punk's Discovery Album Anime, i still think it's great)

Death Note is overrated. It was good but after L's death it got boring. I prefer Bloody Monday to Death Note.

Also, those of you that read Chapter 556 for Naruto, the translations were shit. Oonoki meant Muu, not Muu's ancestors.

My top favorite animes

DragonBallZ

Yu Yu Hakusho

Ronin Warriors

Ranma

Kenichi Mightiest of disciples

Samurai Champloo

Rurouni kenshin

Dragon Ball

Tenjou Tenge

Ninja Scroll

Baki the Grappler

Samurai girl real bout highschool

Good Mangas

Yu Yu Hakusho

Naruto

Vagabond

DBZ

DB

Samurai Champloo

Rurouni kenshin

Street fighter 3

Street Fighter 2

Samurai Girl: Real bout highschool

Baka to Testo was terrible, some scenes were actually pretty funny, but it's definitely not worth the watch.

I'm still waiting for Star Driver to finish loading so I can watch it. I saw the first couple of episodes and loved how it was going, and it felt similar to Gurren Lagann. Plus, the opening is pretty awesome, as I love Aqua Timez.

Death note is nothing compared to Code Geass and the one about gates i think you are talking about gate keepers 21

yes! Thank you.

Death Note is for a more mature audience than Code Geass. There's also the fact that artistically, Death Note is stunning to look at, whereas Code Geass is very run of the mill in terms of art and presentation. I like both equally, but for different reasons.

So I just found something that made me have a fan spaz attack. Recently there was a short series called "Dragon Ball: Episode of Bardock". It is a spin off of the tv movie. It starts with the end of the movie.

Bardock is on his way to get Frieza, but is hit by the death ball. In the manga however, it shows that Bardock wasn't killed and actually sent back in time. On the planet where the natives healed him with a fluid that's really similar to what's in the rejuvenation tanks of his time. He finds out he is on Planet Plant and figures he is in an age before Planet Vegeta was found. Two soldiers come to Planet Plant under orders of Chilled, and the two are quickly killed by Bardock. After 10 days, Chilled comes to the planet in search of what happened. When Bardock finally comes face to face with him, he goes berserk because he thinks it is Frieza, and during the big fight between the two, Bardock goes Super Saiyan and almost kills Chilled, but the fight ends with Chilled badly injured and floating through space where his crew find him and begin healing him. Chilled lives and spreads the word of the Super Saiyan to his descendants, King Cold, Frieza, and Cooler. Is it possible that Bardock is the Saiyan of the Legendary Super Saiyan myth!?

Vegeta just found out why he can't beat Goku :shifty:

Archived