The Official Anime and Manga Discussion Thread

Misatouki

Discuss and recommend your favorite anime and manga, post pictures of your collection of posters, dvds, manga, hell even your perverted shirtless anime girl figures (be sure to censor :cool:). Post videos of your favorite scenes from anime, AMVs, you know, just everything anime related.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ever read Elfen Lied? It's *censored*ed up, but good.

I've only watched the anime and that alone was a mind-*censored*.

NARUTO!

I only ever liked the couple of episodes where he and Sasuke fight (at the waterfall area or whatever).

Elfen Lied is, without a doubt, my favorite anime and manga. I very much enjoyed both of them. And every time I walk past it in Best Buy, I want to buy it and drop it off in some random kids' park :hqhq:

My top two recommendations would probably be Death Note and Deadman Wonderland. I just recently watched Kuroshitsuji, which was pretty good, but I didn't enjoy it quite as much as Death Note or Deadman Wonderland. Still worth a watch, though.

I've kept up with the Naruto series, but it's definitely a mixed bag. It's a decent watch, but only if you're willing to devote a lot of time into watching it, as there's a great deal of episodes. I'd speak more highly of it if it wasn't for the f***-ton of filler, and poor pacing. You definitely need patience in order to appreciate Naruto.

Out of curiosity, am I the only one who doesn't like Bleach?

NARUTO!

I only ever liked the couple of episodes where he and Sasuke fight (at the waterfall area or whatever).

Not sure how the anime is compared to the manga, but I guess the anime could be just as much of a mind*censored* if nothing is censored. Regardless though, it is a pretty good read.

Pfft, Naruto's awesome.

My top two recommendations would probably be Death Note and Deadman Wonderland. I just recently watched Kuroshitsuji, which was pretty good, but I didn't enjoy it quite as much as Death Note or Deadman Wonderland. Still worth a watch, though.

I've kept up with the Naruto series, but it's definitely a mixed bag. It's a decent watch, but only if you're willing to devote a lot of time into watching it, as there's a great deal of episodes. I'd speak more highly of it if it wasn't for the f***-ton of filler, and poor pacing. You definitely need patience in order to appreciate Naruto.

I've read Death Note, and it's kinda overrated. Not as interesting or fun after you-know-who dies, to be honest. And the ending is basically "i c wut u did thar" "no, i c wut u did thar" "no i c wut u did thar" "no I c - o u got me :<"

Naruto manga is tons more superior to the anime. As you said, anime has filler and it's too damn cheesy, but the manga is more direct and not taht cheesy. Plus, it's actually canon.

I don't read Bleach, haven't even tried, if that counts.

Also, Manga Helpers is a good place to talk with many more people about manga and anime, though manga is more central to the forum and site.

I've read Death Note, and it's kinda overrated. Not as interesting or fun after you-know-who dies, to be honest. And the ending is basically "i c wut u did thar" "no, i c wut u did thar" "no i c wut u did thar" "no I c - o u got me :<"

You could generalize and simplify any story to make it sound less interesting than it actually is. That's a pretty cheap and unconvincing tactic, though.

I do agree that Death Note became less interesting when you-know-who died, though.

Mangas I'm reading

Naruto

Bleach

One Piece

Fairy Tail

D-Grayman(on and off)

Code Geass: Renya of the Darkness

Animes I've finished

Death Note

Code Geass

Cowboy Bebop

Dragonball Z(Saw most of it)

Animes I'm watching

Ao No Exorcist/Blue Exorcist(started)

Gurren Lagann

Hayate the Combat Butler

Samurai Champloo

You could generalize and simplify any story to make it sound less interesting than it actually is. That's a pretty cheap and unconvincing tactic, though.

I do agree that Death Note became less interesting when you-know-who died, though.

I'm not simplifying it, it was kinda like that at the end. Nor did I generalize it, all I said was that Death Note is kinda overrated. It was good, but it wasn't that good like so many others have made it out to be, and with you-know-who's death, the manga just became boring.

To be honest, it's kinda hard to generalize Death Note as it's not really your average shounen. Light is the main protagonist, but he does stuff that's on borderline evil, if not outright evil: killing FBI, using women, even causing innocent people to die. In a typical shounen, good guys are more clearcut good guys, fighting bad guys while saving good guys. Kinda shows that protagonists can be villains of the story, in my opinion.

No, I actually can't say I like it either. I've given it a try multiple times, but it's just not that interesting to me.

Katekyo Hitman, Reborn! is actually the longest anime I've watched, which is about 250 episodes long. I hated it the first time watching, but after you get through the first arc, it's gets pretty awesome.

The funniest anime I've watched has got to be Nichijou. I swear, every episode is hilarious and with 19 out of 26 episodes so far, it's humor hasn't died down or gotten old in the least, which is very rare for comedy anime.

Steins;Gate and Ao no Exorcist are also pretty great on-going anime. I prefer Steins;Gate more than the first season, Chaos;Head (both of which have no story relation, though). Star Driver was a good anime too, from the few episodes I remember watching. It was a bit like Gurren Lagann, actually.

I thought Angel Beats! was great, and I saw the series in the original dub too. Very sad at the end.

No, the ending wasn't sad at all. Especially after watching Clannad, the second season mostly. If you thought the ending to Angel Beats! was sad, you will be crying your eyes out if you watch Clannad, no joke.

I thought Angel Beats! was great, and I saw the series in the original dub too. Very sad at the end.

No, the ending wasn't sad at all. Especially after watching Clannad, the second season mostly. If you thought the ending to Angel Beats! was sad, you will be crying your eyes out if you watch Clannad, no joke.

I google'd Clannad and this is what i got: http://www.clannad.ie/

but is this something where I can easily skip the first season and still get the story? because watching all those episodes will cut into the time I dedicate to my p0rnoz

I google'd Clannad and this is what i got: http://www.clannad.ie/

but is this something where I can easily skip the first season and still get the story? because watching all those episodes will cut into the time I dedicate to my p0rnoz

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clannad_(visual_novel)

Actually, I think you can just start on After Story and it won't be all "WTF?" for you. Some parts may, but the main focus of the story will pretty much be self-explanatory if you were to skip the first season.

Also, I ordered the first box set for Katanagatari not too long ago. It's a pretty awesome combo set, with regular DVDs, Blu-Rays and a cool book: http://animecornerstore.com/katanagatari.html

I haven't watched anime since the days of Toonami, but recently I gave Bleach a chance. I really didn't expect it to be so good. I ended up watching 120+ episodes within a 2 week radius. I watched all of Death Note. One of the greatest things my eyes have ever seen. I just wish it was longer.

I just started Hell Girl and like it a lot. Anyone else watch it?

I honestly have no idea what brought you to mention Black Butler with the likes of Death Note and Deadman Wonderland, but okay. :lol:

Deadman Wonderland reminded me of Ergo Proxy, for some reason.

I honestly have no idea what brought you to mention Black Butler with the likes of Death Note and Deadman Wonderland, but okay. :lol:

It was just something I watched recently, and was pretty decent, so I figured I'd give it a mention. It's certainly not in the same league as Death Note or Deadman Wonderland, but if you're an anime fan looking to kill some time, it's worth a watch.

I'm not simplifying it, it was kinda like that at the end.

You don't consider describing the ending as "I see what you did th- ...oops, you got me." simplifying it? Really? That's exactly what it means to simplify something; to make less complex or complicated.

It was just something I watched recently, and was pretty decent, so I figured I'd give it a mention. It's certainly not in the same league as Death Note or Deadman Wonderland, but if you're an anime fan looking to kill some time, it's worth a watch.

I've found it to be another one of those anime more suited for girls to enjoy, and trust me, I know quite a few who obsess over it being teh bestest ever and all that weird shit with Sebastian.

Only ones i've watched are;

Pokemon, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Bey-Blade (Is that anime?), Shamon King and Avatar (Same as Bey-Blade, is this anime?!).

Archived