The Official Anime and Manga Discussion Thread

Misatouki

5 minutes ago, TheCAWstumizer said:

Is there any kind of schedule when it comes out? 

No. But the unreleased arcs so far are also the ones with the least bothersome filler content. (Except for one particular scene in Alabasta, but you won't even notice that it is a problem for the next ~400 episodes

They are usually done in the way of significance of the filler. Like... If there is a 10 episode filler arc, with completely irrelevant characters, it will take precedent over something like a extra scene or two in the Alabasta arc, which explains why these arcs aren't done in the order they happened.

Also... the G-8 filler arc after Skypia, is genuinely a good arc, that the majority of the fanbase recommends. It also has resulted in one of the most used running joke in the whole fanbase.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/8/2020 at 7:47 PM, Gamevolt said:

My little manga collection.

LbRGJdZ.jpg

Currently reading Death Note. Thinking of picking up Vagabond next as I hear good things even though it's been on Hiatus for years :(

Sweet collection. Always loved the aesthetic of the dragon ball covers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Fight Me.

Found the My Hero Academia Heroes Rising movie somewhere totally legit. :shift: But yeah, movie still slaps. Ending is one of my favorites.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2020 at 9:04 PM, AlterNation said:

Why the hell is that movie not got a Blu Ray release yet? It's not like COVID has stopped production for discs.

it did, actually. a bunch of anime dvds/blu rays/cds/games got delayed as disc production was stopped in many countries. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The more I think about Demon Slayer, the less I like it, and I seriously can't comprehend how it managed to beat Spirited Away in any capacity and sell like 4x more than One Piece. Outside of UFOtable's production, the series is average, and the manga's art really ain't that great, yet it's somehow getting this big. And this is over stuff like MHA which is really good and had the whole Super Hero craze helping it out (along with plenty of jaded comics fans and youtubers promoting it), AoT (which I finally got into at the end of last year and has amazing writing), OPM (which also had an amazing anime for the 1st season on top of Super Hero fever, yet I've never heard of that blowing up this much), One Piece, and so many other things.

On a more positive note, I finally watched One Punch Man at the end of last year, and I honestly liked it a lot. What with all the dumb memes and "hurr durr gag man beats everybody", "hurr durr shonen parody/satire/deconstruction blah blah blah" I was expecting it to be just a dumb, one joke show similar to something like Cautious Hero, but with much better animation. I really enjoyed the themes of what it means to be a hero, and I honestly don't see the parody or whatever else anywhere.

• 1 month later...
Guest Fight Me.

Just stated Jujutsu Kaisen. Damn, my friend told me to start this when episode one was out and I should've listened. This show is tight lol

Archived