The Official Anime and Manga Discussion Thread

Misatouki

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For who is unaware, the usual sources for ehm.. illegal scans got hit with massive lawsuits (they won't admit that they did, but they are) and they'll stop releasing the shonen series. So no more One Piece, MHA and all that on Friday.

A legal alternative is waiting for mangaplus on Sunday evening for the Europeans, Sunday night/Monday morning for the Americans.

The Viz translation are pretty shit. "Zolo" and "Animal Kingdom Pirates" aside...they are often too literal and don't actually help in the understanding of some Japanese cultural things. Fantranslation do make mistakes, but they also often give context on stuff...and most importantly...they correct stuff in the long run. Viz still gives us the cringiest of things from two decades ago

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Fight Me.

Jesus christ the My Hero movie is amazing. Waaaaay better than the last one.

On my way now to see it, really glad to hear this! :D

My brother just got into the show this week, watched a season a day and the last movie to go with me tonight lol

This movie was *censored*ing nuts.

Guest Fight Me.

So for anyone tryna see the new My Hero movie, I will say just be caught up to episode 77 this season. It sucks cause they promoted it as "you don't have to be caught up to watch this" and then they spoil something major this season and I guess tease stuff for season 5 cause this seems like it's even ahead where the show is right now. Also, there's a new move someone learned just LAST EPISODE that's in this. I don't think you need to be all the way caught up tho, cause they improve on it here anyway. But yeah, just a little heads up.

• 4 weeks later...

Not gonna lie, the most recent episode of My Hero Academia might be my favourite of the whole series. I had a massive smile throughout the whole thing because it was so wholesome. The next 2 episodes are gonna be nuts though, so I can't wait for that.

On a separate note, today I've started watching One Piece. May as well since the world's gone mad. One episode down, over 900 to go... oof.

Archived