The Official Anime and Manga Discussion Thread

Misatouki

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All caught up. And I have a non-thought out theory on who:

the traitor is that's been passing along information to the League of Villains.

Ochaco Uraraka.

In it for the money, from a low-income family, somehow still had a place of her own where she lived all by herself as a high school freshman until the UA-students all moved into the dorms, no inner monologues on how she wants to be a hero. Just on how she wants to help her parents and how inspiring Deku is and how she has a thing for her.

Not saying she's evil. I do think her compassion for her classmates are real and that the personality we've seen from her is genuine. I'm saying she might've been caught in a web and is being taken advantage of/blackmailed because of the weak financial position we know her family is in and maybe it's a lot worse than we know.

It also could be Mineta because Twice is giving him copies of Mt. Lady and Midnight to play with.

I watched Violet Evergreen and it was absolutely amazing.

Meanwhile, Food Wars has went to absolute shit with this current arc. Still plan on sticking it out in hopes that it gets better.

Guest Fight Me.

MHA fans, how do ya'll feel about Deku? I feel like a lot of people get too hung up on how he was in the early episodes and hate the show because of him. I think it's also because he keeps being pushed as this next big Shonen character and people can't help but compare him to the best ever anime characters. Even though we're approaching season 4, I still feel the show is in it's infancy and Deku is still growing into his own. The show is about how he turns out to be the greatest hero, I don't think he should be that from the get go. I think he will get there eventually and then he'll be in the conversation, but people should be a little more patient and wait to see how he turns out. What are your thoughts?

I like him. I've never been a huge fan of the loud, stupid Shonen protagonist archetype, so having a character like Deku is nice. There's more to it, but I don't wanna go on too long. Most of the hate I see for him (and the series as a whole) is how he's "generic"(completely missing the point) as well as the whole "green naruto" thing despite the fact that in a lot of ways, Deku is pretty much the exact opposite of Nardo.

As for happenings in the manga:

OFA is basically the Avatar cycle except you choose the successor, and I've been seeing the theory that this would happen floating around for a good while, so I'm not too bothered by it. Also, if Horikoshi handles this like how Avatar handled Aang bending 4 elements, then there's nothing to worry about.

I've been watching Yu Yu Hakashu or however its spelled. For a PG show, I kinda like it. The scene in ep. 2 where he comes to his sister or maybe cousin in her dream is so sad. Then the spirit girl who rides the boat paddle thing, essentially threatens him with hell because he doesnt want to take control of the bully, thats some messed up shit.

Then he plays a joke on his sister (or maybe cousin) while still in possession of the bullies body by grabbing and squeezing her breast...What in the *Censored*?

Jesus *censored*ing Christ Funimation, Seriously, fix your goddamn video player!

I've been watching Yu Yu Hakashu or however its spelled. For a PG show, I kinda like it. The scene in ep. 2 where he comes to his sister or maybe cousin in her dream is so sad. Then the spirit girl who rides the boat paddle thing, essentially threatens him with hell because he doesnt want to take control of the bully, thats some messed up shit.

Then he plays a joke on his sister (or maybe cousin) while still in possession of the bullies body by grabbing and squeezing her breast...What in the *Censored*?

I'm.. 99 percent certain Keiko and Yusuke are not related. I've watched that show a trillion times since I was a kid and never once got that idea.

MHA fans, how do ya'll feel about Deku? I feel like a lot of people get too hung up on how he was in the early episodes and hate the show because of him. I think it's also because he keeps being pushed as this next big Shonen character and people can't help but compare him to the best ever anime characters. Even though we're approaching season 4, I still feel the show is in it's infancy and Deku is still growing into his own. The show is about how he turns out to be the greatest hero, I don't think he should be that from the get go. I think he will get there eventually and then he'll be in the conversation, but people should be a little more patient and wait to see how he turns out. What are your thoughts?

I find him interesting, because he, for one, isn't a gluttonous moron. Deku is outstandingly strategic and intelligent and applies that to shit beyond a fight, which is refreshing.

I heard about him crying a lot and it took me 2 episodes to step away from that. Now I feel the complaints were exaggerated and most of his crying moments made sense. I mean like, someone either told him something shocking or he went through an incredibly stressful situation and crying is a relief in it.

Overall, Deku is a consistent, realistic character that moves away from shonen tropes without extreme, sudden personality switches that makes him interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

People are calling Attack on Titan an anti-Semitic nazi-propaganda manga because:

(Manga spoilers of circa October 2016, but I'm pretty sure the anime isn't up-to-date to this part yet)

The Eldians wearing armbands and being treated as second-rate citizens are a direct reference to Jews wearing the Jodenster in Nazi Germany.

It's the latest example of retards on Twitter jumping to conclusions because they want to feel important and self-righteous.

People are calling Attack on Titan an anti-Semitic nazi-propaganda manga because:

(Manga spoilers of circa October 2016, but I'm pretty sure the anime isn't up-to-date to this part yet)

The Eldians wearing armbands and being treated as second-rate citizens are a direct reference to Jews wearing the Jodenster in Nazi Germany.

It's the latest example of retards on Twitter jumping to conclusions because they want to feel important and self-righteous.

Expected that, But it's hilarious, considering Nazi propaganda wouldn't promote this as a negative aspect.

Tbf, AOT does take place in Germany.

Minor spoiler

It actually does not.

explain?

everything I'd read says it does

Okay. Big spoiler

The "last settlement of humanity" resides on an massive Island called or commonly refered to as Paradise. The titans and the humans were banished from the main continent for reasons irrelevant for this post. The world is very much alive and functioning, albeit constantly at each other's throat. That's where the armband/Nazi symbolism comes in, in which the people of the Paradise-race (for lack of a better term) are locked into ghettos and are treated as sub-humans. Paradise is not really something that fits into our actual history and the theories about AoT taking place in Germany have been completely debunked. There are explainations for the many German people living on Paradise though,

Tbf, AOT does take place in Germany.

Minor spoiler

It actually does not.

explain?

everything I'd read says it does

Okay. Big spoiler

The "last settlement of humanity" resides on an massive Island called or commonly refered to as Paradise. The titans and the humans were banished from the main continent for reasons irrelevant for this post. The world is very much alive and functioning, albeit constantly at each other's throat. That's where the armband/Nazi symbolism comes in, in which the people of the Paradise-race (for lack of a better term) are locked into ghettos and are treated as sub-humans. Paradise is not really something that fits into our actual history and the theories about AoT taking place in Germany have been completely debunked. There are explainations for the many German people living on Paradise though,

What are the explanations? I want ammo in case I decide to debate people on this on Twitter.

Well...The Obvious thing.

The country in which they are treated as lesser humans is mostly inspired by Central-Eastern Europe. Mikasa, "the last Japanese", is closer related to a clan from a different country, which is why she seems to be off asian origin, despite her German name "Ackermann"

To be fair to Paulie, Japanese anime does sometimes have a... thing, for incestual relationships.

But yeah, they aren't related, just grew up together.

Oohh, okay I see. Thats easy to see why I was confused, because in the show he refers to the older lady that the girl lives with as his aunt. I had just assumed that woman was the her mom.

AoT seems to have a pretty interesting backstory, just going by the recent posts in this thread. Gotta check it out.

Archived