The Official Anime and Manga Discussion Thread

Misatouki

Filler arcs are fine if they expand story and characters and tbh they're good. Things shouldn't be a 100% adaption cuz then the original people have already seen it all. New content with your bffs is fine. One off filler episodes is what annoys me if they do too many in a short space of time.

Yugioh for example, the best parts are the "filler arcs". Take them out and all you have is 90% of the show having random rules in season one and then the shows ends. The anime is why it's popular and the arcs flesh out the main characters. I think it would be shit if they stuck only to manga, too much random shit that doesn't make sense to the real card game as the game came after the manga, meaning the anime could use the real rules in its filler arcs

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still less episodes, and probably less filler, than Pokemon

Pokemon isn't a manga adaptation, is it?

No, but it's loosly based on the games with Ash in place of the protag

but filler is still filler wheter it's manga or not. If there's an episode focused on Ash really wanting to get a sandwich and then he gets it after 20 mins after beating Team Rocket who stole it from him after buying it

that's a filler episode lmao

filler =/= "not in the manga/game/whatever"

filler is an episode that doesn't contribute to the plot

Hell, manga can have filler too. Manga isnt some goldy thing that everything in it is jizz worthy and not filler. If Luffy has an episode in the manga where all he does is talk about how much he likes pie, thats filler

It's funny because Luffy hates pie to the point he started a fight with Blackbeard over it.

Also, I agree on the anime criticisms, no wait, I don't care and haven't paid enough attention, but I came here to say that they're doing a very good job on this Luffy vs. Katakuri-fight.

That sounded dicky. I meant to say that the anime is on point lately and that this is in no way a reaction to anything anyone has said about the anime.

I watched the RWBY vol.6 premier in theaters. Far less painful than last year. Aside from that, the episode was good and definitely has me hopeful for this season. I enjoyed the fight and it seems like just maybe they've learned how to actually do group battles this time, because vol. 5 was a hot mess.

Oh and RWBY getting a manga in JUMP next year and team CFVY is getting a book in scholastic.

I watched Erased last week. Enjoyed the hell out of it. Currently watching Highschool DxD. It's aight.

• 1 month later...

1. Eh?

2. Eh? Fairy Fail ended something like a year or two ago.

There is a "100 Year Quest" Sequel happening at the moment.

Aswell as Eden Zero, in which Hiro Mashima reuses all his character designs for a third time. It's just Fairy Tail in space

If that was a response to my question, I wouldn't call Elffen Lied horror anime, or Kill la Kill, even though they're definitely part of the genre, thats not the side of the genre I'm interested in. At least not the little I've seen of the genre so far. I mean Junji Ito work and things similar to that. I was watching the collection of his and enjoyed it enough to purchase the Manga. Perfect Blue I like too, it's not supernatural type stuff, but it shows that mankind are the true monsters, so it's Horror that way.

From what I've heard about Elffen Lied, that doesn't sound at all like the kind of horror anime I'm looking for.

Finally got around to watching Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid. I really enjoyed it. Funny show.

Also boobs.

Yeah it's really cute and funny. I mostly watched as the k-on guys made it. I watched dubbed. One of my faves I've seen, Kyoani are anime gods.

Also I saw dubbed, from comparisons to the sub it seems word for word most of the time.

Archived