The Official Anime and Manga Discussion Thread

Misatouki

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I wasn't impressed with the opening for Attack on Titan season 2 but the episode was good. I just finished Twin Star Exorcists. Really enjoyed that show and would like a second season. Now I'm starting on Madoka Magica.

Does anyone ever connect shows by seeing similar characters in them? In example, when I started Madoka Magica, I can't help but think of Yuki from School Live. And the similarities for Leone of Akame Ga Kill and Yang from RWBY. Leone seems like an older Yang that took a bit from Yangs mom.

In example, when I started Madoka Magica, I can't help but think of Yuki from School Live.

Not sure I can see where you're coming from.

Unless you mean the shows themsvles trolling, where they both start as happy fun shows but then you get swerved and it's horror

Character design and personality.

Ehhhhh I don't really see it looks wise. Two of them have pink hair but that's about it...

as for personalities, I can't really say, it's been years since I watched either. I'd be interested in you expanding on these thoughts though.

Pink hair and pink eyes. Both overly caring of their friends while not seeing the real picture of their world(both weren't being told of what they were in).

Eh I think that's a stretch and even then it's just one character, also the main girl in Live actually was aware as shown by the ending, she just faked it

Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, Yuki did suffer delusions of everything being fine at school and zombies weren't in her world, but by the end, her mind was able to see and handle the real world.

I guess but she also had her imaginary friend who was basically just the rest of her mind. For example, when they camped out, a zombie came to the tent. Yuki knew to shut up as there was a zombie there. The "teacher" talked about zombies etc so she pretty much just had a split personality and when the teacher was gone, that's when she "went back to normal". I think deep down she knew and was just pretending.

Started this year reading Berserk and finally caught up. Good damn is it good and messed up at the same time... The Eclipse dear god the eclipse. Unfortunately in catching up I am now eagarly awaiting the next issue like everyone else. At least I didn't have to wait the 8 years it took for them to finally get off the boat.

Started this year reading Berserk and finally caught up. Good damn is it good and messed up at the same time... The Eclipse dear god the eclipse. Unfortunately in catching up I am now eagarly awaiting the next issue like everyone else. At least I didn't have to wait the 8 years it took for them to finally get off the boat.

Shh, youll tempt fate and put it on another hiatus. We just got off one, really infuriating one too.

I really wish Yugioh Arc-V and 5D's could get remade without all the BS. Both started out amazing and then just fell off hard. Zexal is gutter trash and deserves to be remembered as such.

I also watched an episode or two of Jojo and I didn't really care for it.

What BS happened in 5Ds? the main thing for me was that I hated the Crash Town arc but other than that I don't think there was much wrong tbh

I really wish Yugioh Arc-V and 5D's could get remade without all the BS. Both started out amazing and then just fell off hard. Zexal is gutter trash and deserves to be remembered as such.

I also watched an episode or two of Jojo and I didn't really care for it.

What BS happened in 5Ds? the main thing for me was that I hated the Crash Town arc but other than that I don't think there was much wrong tbh

"In 2015, news came out that the reason for a lot of the plot changes made in Season 2 could be attributed to the same, strange reason. Carly's season one voice actress was discovered to be a member of a dangerous cult that was under investigation in Japan at the time, which led to her being fired and the production staff panicking to cover up anything that might make the series seem pro-cult. Thus, Yliaster was retconned to being founded not by mystics in the past but time travelers from the future who went back to the past, Carly's entire arc was excised and she was Demoted to Extra, and the Psychic Duelists, who were actually a cult, simply vanished without explanation, leaving poor Aki without a plot of her own for the majority of the second season."

Basically, everything after the Dark Signers went way downhill because Carly's VA *censored* up.

Ah damn. Well... 5DS was still good and I did actually like the twist that they were from the future. Plus I think Carly's arc went well enough, I liked her as a character as well as her dynamic with Jack. I guess it could've been cool to see what they had planned but I don't mind how 5DS went. The Dark Signer arc was amazing imo... though I do think the rest was average at best, so fair enough.

Carly was my favorite character, so seeing her lose all her character development and get demoted to a brain dead fangirl hurt a lot for me. Also, Team Unicorn is worse than the entirety of Zexal and Team Ragnarok or whatever was just stupid. The stuff with Sherry was also stupid.

• 2 months later...

Arc V was so good in the beginning. But everything past the first arc got progressively worse and worse.

They turned Kaito in a Mary Sue who basically just stole Kurosaki's character development from him for one just because he's from another Yugioh series. They brought back Crow and gave him only two personality traits. They turned everyone but Yuya into jobbers. Then Yuya pulling overpowered cards out of his ass that have so many effects they couldn't possibly fit on the card text. Also the most convenient action cards as well.

Also headscratching character decisions.

Like why did Edo and Kaito interfere in the Yugo vs Yuri duel and then making Yugo waste all the cards he could have used against Yuri to get Yugo out of berserk mode. They could have went after Yuri instead.

Vrains is looking fine though

Archived