The Official Anime and Manga Discussion Thread

Misatouki

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably because it used to be apart of the HST and going to just top 25 is a pretty big drop off.

UQ Holder's going monthly with the next chapter not coming til October and with Freezing's jacked releases, I seriously need something to read. I've been watching Cyborg 009 off and on and I've been enjoying it, but I need something else.

Jiggles- How was it?

Enjoyable. Certain events caught me off-guard because of the pacing of it. It has several climaxes, some of them are a bit confusing. The final one is very well done though.

I still don't know why they dropped Bleach, at least drop it when it stops being one of the top selling manga, it's still in top 25.

But people are dumb thinking a spin off.

I need a good ongoing manga to fill the void of Bleach on a weekly basis. Having to wait is kinda fun.

It's really not rated in Japan.

I'm happy it didn't drag out, like Naruto did, but...that's it? That was the finish of the final fight for Bleach?

Yep.

That's what happens when you get dropped.

Meanwhile, I finished watching Code Geass. That happened.

How is Code Geass? I've wanted to watch that ever since I finished my first anime (Death Note, back in 2013), and I still have yet to watch it.

Finally got around to rewatching Digimon Adventure. I'm on episode 12 with nothing big happening yet, so I'm waiting to form an opinion.

Oh and TWGOK taught me that I love genius characters in shonen. One of my favorite things in that manga was watching Keima's ridiculously complicated plans unfold, especially once it turned full Shonen. I also love stuff like Lelouch's

recording entire conversations with Mao and whatshisface

I'm happy it didn't drag out, like Naruto did, but...that's it? That was the finish of the final fight for Bleach?

Yep.

That's what happens when you get dropped.

Meanwhile, I finished watching Code Geass. That happened.

How is Code Geass? I've wanted to watch that ever since I finished my first anime (Death Note, back in 2013), and I still have yet to watch it.

It's fun to see someone get all strategic. It's a nice mix of mech-animal fighting, tactical battles and slice-of-life comedy moments. Also, it can get very emotional. And because you're clearly building towards something, it's easy to binge watch and stay involved.

Some of my post got ducked up by autocorrelation. I don't have the motivation to edit. For some reason i am taking the time to post this.

Auto correct I meant.

Just finished Digimon Adventure. I enjoyed the hell out of the human world stuff, but everything in the digital world was pretty much just alright at best and meh at worst. Apocalymon is one of the lamest villains I've ever seen though, and that entire final battle was painfully anti-climactic. I'd place it around Frontier.

So far my ranking is this:
1.Tamers
2.Data Squad
3.Frontier/Adventure
4.Fusion

Now all that's left is the show about half the fandom hates and the other show everyone hates.

Oh and this is a thing that exists

http://65.media.tumblr.com/bc4d6689ec0f9bc9d704586b401a647c/tumblr_n8qconbXAP1ru3vawo3_1280.jpg

http://67.media.tumblr.com/ef04a32e20550ce0cd0f2750ca4b88e4/tumblr_n8qconbXAP1ru3vawo4_1280.jpg

http://67.media.tumblr.com/265e36c8aeb4b3a75542600cdd5881c8/tumblr_n8qconbXAP1ru3vawo1_1280.jpg

http://66.media.tumblr.com/df871da27b2871cbe96f70cb6e7c853c/tumblr_n8qconbXAP1ru3vawo2_1280.jpg

Bleach

So another timeskip with pairings and kids? HAHAHAAAA! I wonder if One Piece'll go that route

Pokemon

God it hurts so damn much. Why? Just why? There was no reason for Alain to win and Ash had the damn thing won! All they had to do was make Charizard fall. All that hype and build up for this. Even if Ash gets a rematch, which he will whether official or unofficial, and wins, he still lost when it counted most. I even switched to subs to catch this. End result aside, the league was hype even if clearly rushed and I'm still looking forward to Team Flare.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally all caught up on Berserk. I can see why some fans don't like the more recent chapters (what with the tone changing quite a bit), but i'm enjoying it. The wait till 2017 is a bitch though.

So Code Geass Resurrection Lelouch was announced a while ago. I think it's supposed to take place a few years after R2. Other than that, I don't remember any other details. There's also supposed to be a movie/movies recapping the first two seasons. Not completely sure how I feel about it since I thought R2 ended nicely overall (not the greatest, but still), but it's Geass and I'm looking forward to Golden Lelouch as well as SSB Suzaku and Kallen.

I've also been reading My Hero Academia and it's great. I like how everything seems really fast paced, at least compared to other manga I've read.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived