The Official Anime and Manga Discussion Thread

Misatouki

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKWC2HjeAfU

Looks like it's gonna be a 6 episode OVA. I much prefer this.

How would an OVA make it different?

Even though it's said to be set after season 2, the art style makes it seem like it's set a little before it.

Speaking of, I rewatched Season 2 a few weeks back as it was as a kid when I watched it. They kinda rely on the old cast way too much, there like 4 episodes none of them are in. 0 if you count TK/Kari, I guess.

Cool trailer anyway. Did it say it was starting November? Looking into it, it's a 'six part movie series'. An hour/two hours each, maybe? speculation is it'll take years for us to get them all.

Recent series I'm watching is Kancole: Kantai Collection.

I stopeed watching Yu-Gi-Oh! towards the end of the Orichalcos season, mainly because there were like 4 episodes left and the WB just stopped airing them. It was the episode where Kaiba/Yugu faced Datrz and he summoned Define Serpent Geh. and then next week it was re-airing the first episode. This was 04-05 so there was no YouTube, so I had no clue how to see the rest of the season. Then years later I saw the rest of the season, Then I noticed there were a bunch of mini seasons that I completely missed. The Seaon where they get sucked into a virtual reality and battle Kaiba's other brother and ghost dad...what? Or the Season where Kaiba holds a second tournament and that little kid tries to get revenge of Kaiba with his Gold Castle card? I don't know. Then there was the Capsule Monsters arch, Never seen any of that yet. Then the Dawn of the Duel season, in which I've seen about half, Then I hear about GX, watch it, hate it, but still buy the damn cards. Then 5D's, watch maybe 5 whole episodes, and now Zexal, I have seen some clips and refuse to see any of that. Then there is the Anniversary movie with Yugi, Jaden, and Yusie battle an interdenominational being who wants to destroy the universe. WHAT!?

Capsule monsters is some random non-canon spin off, so you really don't need to see it and the tournament is basically a cool down filler-ish arc before it gets to the end.

You should watch 5D's. It's actually really good...or at least the first major arc is. After that is meh, though the duels are still good. Zexal is terrible, so you're better off never seeing it. The anniversary movie was just downright disappointing with the abridged version being the only real good thing about it. He doesn't want to destroy the universe; just duel monsters. It's also canon to 5D's and kind of ties into one of the latter arcs.

If you're trying to get back into Yugioh, you should definitely watch Arc-V. It's been great so far and it's been doing good job of tying all the other series together with its whole multiverse plot.

Anyone reading Naruto Gaiden? Naruto's son is not popular, but Sasuke's daughter is liked.

:lol: :lol: :lol: This isn't even remotely surprising. Carbon copies. Carbon copies everywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKWC2HjeAfU

Looks like it's gonna be a 6 episode OVA. I much prefer this.

How would an OVA make it different?

Because it's not a full on series...though with these apparently being movies,if it's anything like the rebuild of evangelion movies, then it could actually be so much worse

I actually started 5Ds myself the other day as I dropped out during GX and missed all of 5Ds.

For that YGO post above,

The 'little kid' isn't the one who tries to get revenge on Kiaba, he gets manipulated into it by his brother to use the illegal Golden Castle of Strongberg card, Leon himself has no idea what his brother is trying to do, he just wants to win the tourney. The card hacks into Kaibas computers through the duel disc

Anyway the Grand Championship arc happens, as the main characters are stuck in the USA(?) after the Dartz stuff and need money to get back to Japan, so enter Kaiba's latest tourney to get the money to get home, though Kabia says he'll fly them back if Yugi puts his title on the line in it.

Capsule Monsters isn't canon.

Actually a good Shingeki no Kyojin chapter. I'm surprised.

Did it turn shit, or do you just not like it? cuz like it's the most over hyped of 2014.

Actually a good Shingeki no Kyojin chapter. I'm surprised.

Did it turn shit, or do you just not like it? cuz like it's the most over hyped of 2014.

The Anime is awesome.

The Manga is a mess

Ping Pong?...What?

I watched a bunch of Queen's Blade and rewatched Neon Genesis Evangelion. Queen's Blade is ass

and tits

Still better than that abomination known as to love ru. NGE is still fun after a decade(last time I saw the anime not including the rebuild movies obviously)but there is just way too much what the *censored* is going on with too little explanation.

Started Ping Pong the Animation, pretty good so far.

So racist.

Sarada is pretty interesting, and it looks like she'll get more focus than Bolt, the son of the titular character. so apparently there is an Uchiha with Sharingan, and people are not happy because of Sharingan spam in the official series.

I've actually really enjoyed 5DS so far. Yusei is a good character and I like so far he's used a few decks. When he's used his actual deck he's doing the same moves each time though... at least they don't get their ace every time on the first turn like Zexal, that shit peeved me off. Still not too warm on the bikes though... the corridors are endless!

Leo/Luna debuted in the last episode I watched, I dunno what they're like but I expect it to get eh now that it's not Yusei on his own.

Leo/Luna debuted in the last episode I watched, I dunno what they're like but I expect it to get eh now that it's not Yusei on his own.

They're annoying

Holy *Censored* Ping Pong the Animation was great. Sounds like a lame title but it's actually a really good short show imo.

It's rated #44 on MAL... so I trust that it must be really good.

Holy *Censored* Ping Pong the Animation was great. Sounds like a lame title but it's actually a really good short show imo.

t's rated #44 on MAL... so I trust that it must be really good.

If you can get over the art style it's really great. Last two episodes had me sitting here smiling like an idiot the entire time.

Archived