The Official Anime and Manga Discussion Thread

Misatouki

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay. So I was browsing through YouTube and came across some clips from Sailor Moon. English dubs clips. Now if anyone have seen this anime dubbed by DiC and Cloverleaf, the same thing that would come to mind is 'Oh God' and quite frankly I don't blame you. They were the first dose of Sailor Moon I got as a teenager and, boy did the dub variations suck. :lol:

I watched two episodes of Sailor Moon and dropped it because the best mate chick's voice pissed me off.

So anybody paying attention to Nardo GT?(the one with the carbon copy kids)

Sakura potentially spent 13 years raising Sasuke and Karin's kid. Talk about getting buried. You spend the entire series chasing a guy who doesn't give a crap about you and even tried to kill you and now you're raising his and some other woman's kid while they're nowhere to be found.

Well...it was kinda implied before that Karin once raped Sasuke in his sleep :lol:

Sakura potentially spent 13 years raising Sasuke and Karin's kid. Talk about getting buried. You spend the entire series chasing a guy who doesn't give a crap about you and even tried to kill you and now you're raising his and some other woman's kid while they're nowhere to be found.

Well...it was kinda implied before that Karin once raped Sasuke in his sleep :lol:

Freaky

Imagine 4 Kids having to dub it, they'd kill themselves

1PJBDIe.png

She does look kinda like Karin

Freaky

Imagine 4 Kids having to dub it, they'd kill themselves

What? Why four? Sarada is the only kid involved really

Black Butler's ending was a bit depressing.

I'm not sure if want to watch Attack on Titan just yet afterward. I've heard mostly good things about it.

All the good you've heard is perfectly justified. I loved watching Attack on Titan so much. I'd definitely give it a watch.

Wait, 4Kids went under? When and how?

As for the Sarada thing, I hope she is Karin's kid just so Sakura can officially become the worst female character in fiction...well maybe not worst, but up there.

Also, someone give me something to watch. Outside of stuff I already watched years ago, I can't think of anything.

I legit hate Team Rocket's guts now. They're needlessly shoehorned into every episode just for the sake of being there and take away from whatever's actually going on. Granted this has been going on since the beginning and I really got tired of them back in gen 3. It's just after they finally fixed them in gen 5 only to make go back to the crap they used to be. Now I get pissed off every time they show up. They should've either written them off for good or let them at least they competent while only appearing occasionally.

... you're still watching Pokemon? The last good season was Johto, then it started feeling like they were dumbing the show up so much to appeal to kids that I just quit.

1. Yes I still watch Pokémon. For what it is, it's still entertaining.

2. It's been like that since day 1 and Johto is generally considered to be one of the weaker seasons. Granted I think that has more to do with filler than anything.

Been watching Miyazaki movies and other stuff the last few weeks and all I have to say is that Kishimoto's comments about Naruto's TNJ(where he starts running his mouth at enemies) being some groundbreaking concept that had never been done before and was originally considered taboo in shonen is one of the biggest load of bull*censored* I've ever read. Hell, freaking Pokémon of all things was doing it and doing it better in the first movie before Nardo even existed. There is literally nothing even remotely close to groundbreaking about TNJ or anything in Nardo. At all. It's been done before. All Kishimoto did was turn it into a meme.

2. Hasn't been, honestly. It never felt too kiddie as it started to during Hoenn.

Wait, 4Kids went under? When and how?

As for the Sarada thing, I hope she is Karin's kid just so Sakura can officially become the worst female character in fiction...well maybe not worst, but up there.

Also, someone give me something to watch. Outside of stuff I already watched years ago, I can't think of anything.

She probably is. So many people are unhappy at the thought of Sarada not bein from Sakura's womb.

Bleach is blahtelah;shshg. OP is good though.

As in the Anime dubbing company, who actually no longer exist.

Wait, 4Kids went down? When did that happen?

Around the time they stopped doing Pokemon, I think they eventually made a new company

In 2012, "4Licensing Corporation" they just license shit not, not dub. So they pay so that others can dub them

Idk what else they 'licence' but you can tell they still have influence over Yugioh with pointless name changes and over the top censoring, such as tripling the length of skirts and etc, as well as taking nearly a year for an episode to be aired dubbed.

Now for Arc V to start... in like 8 months probably, once they're done making skirts longer

I just started watching Psycho-Pass on Netflix. I love how dark and disturbing it can be. I'm 12 episodes in after 3 days. I'm not sure if want to watch Attack on Titan just yet afterward. I've heard mostly good things about it.

Dude, Psycho-Pass is so dope. I was close to finishing it, but I *censored*ing forgot what ep. I was on so I may just rewatch it all over (with no regrets).

Attack on Titan was a bit of a funny series, because it took me until literally halfway through the season to start really getting into it. The second-half totally made up for it, though. I would say give it a watch, regardless of the good reception; I've seen quite a number of people bash the series tbh.

It's one you'll either not be really feeling or something you end up liking quite a bit.

---------------------------------------------------

Btw, what do you guys think about the AoT/Marvel crossover? Is it a move worth taking or? (Apologies if I've already mentioned it, lel, I may have considering I did express my dissatisfaction with it on Twitter).

I stopeed watching Yu-Gi-Oh! towards the end of the Orichalcos season, mainly because there were like 4 episodes left and the WB just stopped airing them. It was the episode where Kaiba/Yugu faced Datrz and he summoned Define Serpent Geh. and then next week it was re-airing the first episode. This was 04-05 so there was no YouTube, so I had no clue how to see the rest of the season. Then years later I saw the rest of the season, Then I noticed there were a bunch of mini seasons that I completely missed. The Seaon where they get sucked into a virtual reality and battle Kaiba's other brother and ghost dad...what? Or the Season where Kaiba holds a second tournament and that little kid tries to get revenge of Kaiba with his Gold Castle card? I don't know. Then there was the Capsule Monsters arch, Never seen any of that yet. Then the Dawn of the Duel season, in which I've seen about half, Then I hear about GX, watch it, hate it, but still buy the damn cards. Then 5D's, watch maybe 5 whole episodes, and now Zexal, I have seen some clips and refuse to see any of that. Then there is the Anniversary movie with Yugi, Jaden, and Yusie battle an interdenominational being who wants to destroy the universe. WHAT!?

GX was pretty good. Stepped it up from YuGiOh! with the Animation a little bit and also explained in the very beginning how it fits into the same YuGiOh! world as the first series.

and it had one awesome opening

Archived