Could WWE All-Stars 2 be in development?

1.21 GIGAWATTS?!

While I'm not confirming anything, the second paragraph of this article says that THQ San Diego will continue to handle the WWE All-Stars series.

Quote:

"THQ's five main studios will continue working on their own projects: THQ Montreal will continue to work on Patrice Désilets' unannounced game; Volition will continue work on Saints Row: The Third and its collaboration with Guillermo del Toro, inSANE; Relic's getting ready to launch Space Marine; Vigil is busy with Darksiders 2 and its MMO, Warhammer 40,000: Dark Millennium Online; and THQ San Diego will continue to handle the WWE All-Stars series."

Take it as you will.

It was a good game, really giving me something to do into WWE 12 comes out seeing as I got bored of SVR 11 because of the lack of content, if WWE 12 doesn't have enough content to keep me playing for the whole year I hope the make WWE All Stars 2

My thoughts exactly.

I didn't buy All Stars straight away as I wasn't sure if i'd enjoy it. After going half price, I picked it up and havn't stopped playing it since! I thoroughly enjoy playing this game, and wouldn't mind seeind some divas in a second release. Maybe 2 or 3

It was a good game, really giving me something to do into WWE 12 comes out seeing as I got bored of SVR 11 because of the lack of content, if WWE 12 doesn't have enough content to keep me playing for the whole year I hope the make WWE All Stars 2

The fact that they are talking about putting it on hand held consoles justifies them calling it a series.

Yeah, and handheld conversions almost always have some sort of new character or game mode that is exclusive only to those handheld systems; can't remember which Smackdown v. Raw game it was that had Eddie Guerrero and Jim Neidhart as exclusives, and I think Sgt. Slaughter as well, plus Jake the Snake on the PSP for SvR 06' so converting it to the handhelds would help keep the series going...

If they are going to make a sequel, NOBODY would let you know now - because I think they realize that a lot of folks think all stars is better than the other series. So you'd start to see posts like "Screw WWE 12, I'll wait for All Stars 2"

They don't want that.

No that would never happen.. All-stars is just an arcade game that's it nothing more nothing less and while i have been enjoying all-stars i don't think it could ever replace the current wrestling sim that is the svr/wwe(insert year) series. I'm sure i'm not the only person to think this way

I'd pick up the sequel for sure, but I don't play online. I think it was the 3rd day of owning it that I was on the All Star difficulty. After that's mastered there's nowhere to go. I understand I'm the exception though. I just wish they made AI more difficult.

I'd pick up the sequel for sure, but I don't play online. I think it was the 3rd day of owning it that I was on the All Star difficulty. After that's mastered there's nowhere to go. I understand I'm the exception though. I just wish they made AI more difficult.

This is a problem that could be resolved with a simple patch, unfortunately THQ doesn't believe in patches, only in promises to make those patches...

I would totally go for WWE All-Stars 2, they should make it there main series, the Sim stuff, it cool, I don't mind it, but WWE All-Stars, just has that classic feel of a video game, it's arcade, which I loved as a child and to this day as an adult, I love the bash'em up style, It got the feel of WWE Wrestlemania: Arcade (as it should), WWE In Your House, and WWE No Mercy, the caw mode is easy to do no differculty to make some awesome caws (just would hope they add more to it), and instead of having a fixed move set (which most was locked, so you had to unlocked them, I rather have a create-a-move-set as well as a create-a-entrance) and pick your own theme music, also they need to have some Divas (like legend divas such as Sunny, Sable, Lita, Trish, Chyna (Maybe), and maybe Wendi Richter and Fabulous Moolah) and Current Divas (Beth, Natalya, Eve, Kelly Kelly, Maryse), this off course would give us a female CAW so we create female characters too. Certain Legends should be in without DLC (Junkyard Dog, IRS, Million Dollar Man, Honky Tonk Man, Jerry Lawler, Doink, just to name a few), More current stars (like Daniel Bryan, Zack Ryder, Wade Barrett, Alberto Del Rio, Sin Cara, etc.) And some type of Battle Royal (4-man in the ring at a time) would work, and the Hell In A Cell Match at least added, we would definitely be in business, and more regular Arenas nothing like the fantasy Wrestlemania and All-Star Arena (let get a basic Arena like WM27/28, or classic ones like Summerslam 98 (see WWF Wrestlemania 2000, N64), or even WM9 Arena, and for heaven sakes make me really happy and let us have a pick-a-prop like we did with No Mercy, with tons of stuff to choose from create a diva, who's a cheerleader she needs to have her poms-poms, create a 50's chick, give her the entrance to where she would come out blowing bubbles with her gum, etc. Or if you create a Cop, he needs his nightstick or a bad-ass solider he needs his bazooka or even a clown to come out carrying his balloons. If you happen to create Jason he would need his Machete or Freddy would need some type of claw glove, etc, etc. the options are there, and they can do all this, if they really wanted to please us old school arcade/wrestling fans. Sure the sim games are nice if you want a fantasy online league, but for some of us we just want to go toe to toe and bash ppl up for the fun of it and live out the days of classic arcade bash'ems, hahaha!!

Archived