Cricket discussion thread

fizpop

Kolhi was a bit suspectible to the verbal stuff but I think when he has had a bit thrown his way he's been able to answer with the bat.

Some fierce bowling last night by one of those Pakistan quicks. Was good to watch. Watson was getting creamed there for a time but Australia through to te next round.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And people wonder why I prefer to support Pakistan, a team that caught my attention as a kid, over the West Indies. Cause they're an absolute mess. They're an absolute mess. Even our cricket board is a mess for God's sakes.

In any event, I'm surprised South Africa are in the Top 4 this year. Usually they get allergic reactions to knockout stages.

Are you a young fella? When I was growing up WI were a great team. Ambrose, Walsh. Wave after wave of these devastating quicks. I'll always remember Ambrose getting 6 or 7 wickets FOR ONE RUN against Australia in '93 or '94. Think he almost single handedly took out England in the 90's. They were a great team. Didn't have much chance against NZ yesterday but everything moves in cycles, the WI will be mighty again.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to Australia for winning the World Cup. Wasn't the greatest game compared to some of the others.

Probably not too many people outside of Australia know him as either a player or a commentator but RIP to the great Richie Benaud. As a commentator Richie was the voice of many, many of my summers growing up and was an exceptional captain and bowler for Australia.

R.I.P Richie.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Australia 2/389 on the morning of the second day of the first test against New Zealand. Warner out for 163, Khawaja not out on 102. Smith coming up to his 50.

Good to see NZ get creamed in something for once.

• 1 month later...

Been a while since we played West Indies. First test kicked off yesterday and was pretty depressing to watch.

3-438 after the first day of Australian batting. WI highest single total against them in a single day in all of WI cricket history.

It's getting that way. Most of them are drop ins now. There's a bit of talk about the quality of the ball too. Hobart doesn't look bad. Lyon 3/18 WI 4/78 after Australia declared on the second morning on 583.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived