Cricket discussion thread

fizpop

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Hard to say if it will ever be stopped completely, but I don't think it would happen with teams like England, Australia, South Africa, India etc anyway. Everybody knows what kind of reputation Pakistan has and their kind of culture, wasn't surprised at all to hear that something like this had happened involving their team. The punishment's were probably right, can still see Amir having an international future aswell.

What do you guys think about the jailing of Butt, Majeed, Asif & Amir from Pakistan for match fixing?

Will this stop corruption in cricket?

They deserve it. And no, it won't stop corruption. But it is a step in the right direction.

I'd post stuff about the Black Caps, but I really don't particularly care for Test Cricket. 20-20 Cricket is the one for me. I think the last game I watched was between England and Australia earlier this year, with Australia winning.

Hard to say if it will ever be stopped completely, but I don't think it would happen with teams like England, Australia, South Africa, India etc anyway.

There has been match fixing involving South Africa and India in the not too distant past. The former South Africa captain Hansie Cronje and India's Mohammad Azharuddin both admitted to throwing macthes and were given life bans from the sport. Another Indian cricketer, Ajay Jadeja, received a five year ban for his involvement in the fixing of matches.

I would hope that all cricketers would be able to resist any temptation to make money by getting themselves involved in either match fixing or spot fixing, but like drug use in other sports, corruption in Cricket may be something that is never completed eradicated.

Betting is banned in India so they have a huge underground betting market, filled with so called 'exotic' bets, bets on when no balls will be bowled etc, that with the sway, being such a large cricketing nation, they have over the ICC and cricket and general I don't think they can crack down on this sort of match fixing.

At least they're taking a step to try and get rid of it where in the past I think they've turned a blind eye to it.

R.I.P Peter Roebuck. I seem to remember listening to him on the radio.

Warner called to South Africa as a standby. I don't think he will solve their problems. Has scored a stack of runs across all games domestically recently.

The Aussies win a thriller by 2 wickets chasing 310! Were back and got alot in the sheds that would have thumped England in the Ashes if the selectors weren't TWATS.Victoria beat them FFS.Sick of the NSW Australian team.

GO AUSSIES and Look out Endland were coming to take what is ours.

Paper reporting Clarke might go for four quicks/no spinner for the first test against New Zealand at the Gabba starting tomorrow.

If he decides to go that way it'd be the first time Australia have four debutants since January 1978.

NZ win the toss and bat.

Australia: Phillip Hughes, David Warner, Usman Khawaja, Ricky Ponting, Michael Clarke (capt), Michael Hussey, Brad Haddin, Peter Siddle, James Pattinson, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Starc, Ben Cutting (12th man).

NZ 4/94 at lunch. :D

Archived