Rey Mysterio injured?

Gooner Lad

Report 1: http://www.wrestleview.com/viewnews.php?id=1312653362

According to a report by The Wrestling Observer, Rey Mysterio appeared to have injured his knee during a match with Alberto Del Rio at last night's Raw house show event in Salt Lake City, Utah. Mysterio was spotted limping to the back after the match. The crew has an event today in Fresno, Sunday in Stockton and in San Jose for Monday Night Raw. We should know more about the seriousness of Mysterio's injury over the weekend.

Report 2: http://www.wrestleview.com/viewnews.php?id=1312732995

To follow up on our report on Saturday that stated Rey Mysterio was spotted limping following a match with Alberto Del Rio at the 8/5 WWE event in Salt Lake City, The Wrestling Observer reports that Mysterio didn't end up wrestling at last night's event in Fresno. They had R-Truth and Del Rio attack him before his match and Del Rio put him in an armbar. It has been confirmed that Mysterio has suffered some kind of an injury to his knee. More details should be available soon.

Also, apparently Dolph's screwed up as well...

WWE United States Champion Dolph Ziggler suffered a pulled abdominal muscle at the 8/5 WWE event in Salt Lake City, Utah. Ziggler worked last night's event in Fresno in a match once again with Alex Riley. It would appear he will be working through the injury for the time being unless plans change.

Source: http://www.wrestleview.com/viewnews.php?id=1312733096

Self Made's spot-on. Rey's done more than what any of us thought he would've done in his WWE career and even though he can still put on solid matches with the best of them, he can't afford to have his knees get screwed up any more than they are now. I'll miss him, but it's time for Rey to ride off into the sunset and let Sin Cara and Del Rio start a new chapter of luchadores in the WWE.

Honestly Rey, it's time to go. Have one last feud to put someone over and then hang up those boots. You've had a great career and some fantastic matches/feuds but if you keep going, your knee's are really gonna get messed up.

Also, I hope it's nothing serious for Ziggler, he's one of my fave's!

I agree, it's time for Mysterio to have a serious think about what he wants to do after wrestling. He needs to retire. Sucks for Ziggler, I guess this could mean another meaningless reign for Kofi Kingston.

Self Made's spot-on. Rey's done more than what any of us thought he would've done in his WWE career and even though he can still put on solid matches with the best of them, he can't afford to have his knees get screwed up any more than they are now. I'll miss him, but it's time for Rey to ride off into the sunset and let Sin Cara and Del Rio start a new chapter of luchadores in the WWE.

I never wish an injury on a guy, but maybe this is good in a way, the last thing we really need is Rey Mysterio WWE Title push(it's being report). I wish him a speedy recovery if he is indeed injured, but I have no desire to watch another Myserio push towards the WWE Title.

I never wish an injury on a guy, but maybe this is good in a way, the last thing we really need is Rey Mysterio WWE Title push(it's being report). I wish him a speedy recovery if he is indeed injured, but I have no desire to watch another Myserio push towards the WWE Title.

This.I know such things shouldn't be said,but I'm happy because another Mysterio run would've been so annoying for me.

Even though Mysterio has only been a 3-time World Champion, with one of those reigns lasting 1 hour..

Mysterio isn't near as often in the main event as other people whose populairity can be compared to him.

Even though Mysterio has only been a 3-time World Champion, with one of those reigns lasting 1 hour..

Mysterio isn't near as often in the main event as other people whose populairity can be compared to him.

While I agree, but I'm just sick of Super-sterio. I mean they play this Ultimate Underdog crap down our throats, like it means anything when you know it's pretty much the Hogan of today's WWE, where he rarely, if ever puts over other younger talent. It's just old seeing Mysterio puhsed into the main event over superstars that are deserving of a push. I mean right now, it's the same old thing, Cena, Mysterio, Punk, Del Rio & Miz.....rinse, wash & repeat. It really gets old, I would just like someone other than Mysterio getting the opportunity. I mean if anyone is so quick to bury up & coming talent(actively speaking of course), it' Mysterio.

While I agree, but I'm just sick of Super-sterio. I mean they play this Ultimate Underdog crap down our throats, like it means anything when you know it's pretty much the Hogan of today's WWE, where he rarely, if ever puts over other younger talent. It's just old seeing Mysterio puhsed into the main event over superstars that are deserving of a push. I mean right now, it's the same old thing, Cena, Mysterio, Punk, Del Rio & Miz.....rinse, wash & repeat. It really gets old, I would just like someone other than Mysterio getting the opportunity. I mean if anyone is so quick to bury up & coming talent(actively speaking of course), it' Mysterio.

Overreacting a bit don't you think? Hes still one the best workers they have right now and hes barely got any title reigns under his belt. I must have missed all these times Rey has been pushed into the main event. Truth is when Raw or SD was weak with stars he was always there and they would push him for a short time then hed be back to his regular slot. Its safe to say Rey wont ME a PPV at all the remainder of this year, not very characteristic of a guy whos always being shoved down our throat.

Overreacting a bit don't you think? Hes still one the best workers they have right now and hes barely got any title reigns under his belt. I must have missed all these times Rey has been pushed into the main event. Truth is when Raw or SD was weak with stars he was always there and they would push him for a short time then hed be back to his regular slot. Its safe to say Rey wont ME a PPV at all the remainder of this year, not very characteristic of a guy whos always being shoved down our throat.

I'm not disputting any of that, because I actually agree with you, but the entire main event scene is pretty stale at the moment, if anyone I would want to see de-pushed instead of pushed down our throats as this "Ultimate Underdrog" bs, it would be Mysterio. It's become a joke seeing him pushed over guys that should be main eventing or at least given the opportunity to take the ball & run with it. I mean Super-sterio has been pushed down our throats enough, that instead of rooting for a guy like him, I find myself rooting for his opponent every time he has a match. I used to actually like Rey, but seeing him overcome the odds every single time against people he should be losing to, it gets old real quick. He's had numerous chance to put over guys that actually deserve the chance(and if the reports are true, he's refuses to job to those up & coming talent), that just gives me the impression that Rey is this generations Hogan. Only looking out for himself & could careless about the business in general, as long as it makes his name bigger & fill his pocket with more cash. That type of attitude amoung wrestlers really disgusts me. For once I would just like to see something fresh, instead of the "rinse, wash & repeat" Main Event scene. He's a good worker, no doubt about it, but he's very low on the totem pole & need to really start putting over talent now, especially since his career is coming closer & close to an end. He's just one more knee injury away from having it end, so now isn't the time to see mroe of Mysterio, now is the time to start putting over people, instead seeing the same old, song & dance routine of being the "Ultimate Underdog", but yet always overcoming those odds regardless of how insurmountable they may be, it's one thing if Mysterio had the size to warrant that, but he doesn't & it's laughable that he'd continue to get pushed that way.

Was it an overreaction, maybe just a little bit, but no can really dispute much of what I've said. I means ure you can try, as I'm sure someone will, but it just gets tiring seeing this, especially from someone like Mysterio.

When did Mysterio bury young and upcoming talent? He lost cleanly against Alberto del Rio at his WWE debut. Got his ass kicked by Ziggler and Rhodes in recent feuds. Lost his IC-title in an epic match against Morrison.

Mysterio has done plenty for the younger stars in recent memory. Putting someone over doesn't automatically mean that you should lose against them, but it's giving someone a stage to showcage their talents. It was Rey Mysterio that gave Cody Rhodes the opportunity to become un-dashing and fully develop his character, where he could've said, f*ck feuding with Cody, I want a World Title-reign. And he would've been in his right to ask for it, since he probably makes the most money for them after Cena. But he didn't, Mysterio has been in upper midcard for most of his WWE career.

And about the Ultimate Underdog-thing, it's really something that it mentioned by the commentators at most, but Mysterio doesn't hold to that exact formula in his matches. He takes a lot of hits, but Mysterio is supposed to have huge resiliency, but in general, Mysterio's matches have contained much excitement and variety in it.

Most of your arguments are just false or based on conclusions that doesn't hold value compared to Mysterio's current situation;

- Mysterio burying other talent

Mysterio freaking lost to Cody Rhodes at Wrestlemania. I rest my case.

- Him snatching pushes away from more deserving superstars

What pushes, he hardly gets them? And who should be more deserving then?

- The main event consisting of too much of the same.

Well, Mysterio is hardly in that main event, so there is one. The Miz only became a main-eventer since December and Del Rio wasn't even on a brand this time last year. CM Punk has been in the main event for two months now, but that is too much? Maybe we should switch things up every 2 weeks then..

Him being in the main-event too much

- In the last 12 months, he held a world title for 85 minutes. Mysterio has had 3 title shots on a PPV in those 12 months, losing them all, with only one of them being a 1 on 1 match and the most recent being the Elimination Chamber. All the other PPV's, Rey's match was often one of the first. So I really don't get where this idea of Mysterio being a talent-burying, spotlight hogging egomaniac comes from.

You could've just said that you flat-out don't like him, would've been easier.

Rey has always been one of my faorites but, as countless others hae said, its time for himto hang em up. I'll be sad to see him go, maybe he can come back and make an appearance/wrestle a match every once in awhile (sorta like SCSA).

Have him put someone over before he goes. I'd personally like him to put over Morrison, Sin Cara, or Evan Bourne.

When did Mysterio bury young and upcoming talent?

Off the top of my head, Dolph Ziggler was one(before what you were talking about) & Drew McIntyre was another.

And about the Ultimate Underdog-thing, it's really something that it mentioned by the commentators at most, but Mysterio doesn't hold to that exact formula in his matches. He takes a lot of hits, but Mysterio is supposed to have huge resiliency

And that's usually before he starts to overcome those insurmountable odds that he should not not be overcoming.....to put it simply he's a 5'6" version of John Cena, that's gets force fed to us time & time & time again. I'm just tired of Super-sterio, I used to like the guy & will admit I was a fan of him, but that was up until he started getting these undeserving pushes he's gotten the last couple of years.

The Miz only became a main-eventer since December and Del Rio wasn't even on a brand this time last year. CM Punk has been in the main event for two months now, but that is too much? Maybe we should switch things up every 2 weeks then..

Hense the reason I said that Mysterio, if anything deserves a de-push....the fact he was in 2 WWE Title matches, proves he's been main eventing, since coming to RAW.

You could've just said that you flat-out don't like him, would've been easier.

Well that would've been a lie, because I have nothing against Rey. Personally I think he's phenomal in the ring, but I'm just sick of the "Ultimate Underdog" bs, that gets shoved down our throats, only to see him overcome those supposed "odds", each & every time. It's a joke & laughable at best, that's why I'm personally sick of Mysterio. The sooner he hangs up his boots the better, because he's incredibly stale & hasn't done much if anything to be deserving of a real main event push, like the others that I mention. He's become the Hogan of this generation, where his putting over of people are few & far inbetween.

When did Mysterio bury young and upcoming talent?

Off the top of my head, Dolph Ziggler was one(before what you were talking about) & Drew McIntyre was another.

I've heard about the Dolph one (where Rey was the IC champion, and he wasn't willing to drop the belt to Ziggler), but what did he do to McIntyre?

I can't even remember the feud with McIntyre, but I do have something to say about Ziggler. Can you remember how Ziggler was back then? He was bland, had no real character, was nothing more than the guy who said "Hi, my name is Dolph Ziggler.".

I can remember that everybody and their mothers wanted the IC-title on Ziggler and I never understood why. Mysterio just defeated Chris Jericho, the greatest IC-champion of all time, in a feud. Why should he have to go from that to dropping it to a kid who wasn't ready yet? Because Ziggler really wasn't ready at that point. Showed no personality and his character wasn't even properly introduced to the public at that time. He has improved dramatically since then and WWE handled him very well.

Also, just because you don't drop the title to someone, doesn't mean that you are burying him. Ziggler was allowed to do beatdowns on Mysterio, was allowed to fight on equal terms with a former World Champion in the ring, was seen as a credible threat to Mysterio's title reign. The whole feud was meant to introduce Ziggler as a heel and that, even though he didn't had what it takes to become the Intercontinental Champion at the time, he was somebody to pay attention to for the future. That is what the meaning of that feud was. Mysterio didn't bury Ziggler, Mysterio helped develop Ziggler to what he is today.

And about the Ultimate Underdog-thing, it's really something that it mentioned by the commentators at most, but Mysterio doesn't hold to that exact formula in his matches. He takes a lot of hits, but Mysterio is supposed to have huge resiliency

And that's usually before he starts to overcome those insurmountable odds that he should not not be overcoming.....to put it simply he's a 5'6" version of John Cena, that's gets force fed to us time & time & time again. I'm just tired of Super-sterio, I used to like the guy & will admit I was a fan of him, but that was up until he started getting these undeserving pushes he's gotten the last couple of years.

What undeserved pushes? I gave you a very detailed explanation on why I think this whole "Mysterio is getting overpushed"-thing is being overexxagerated and you go on and say the same thing. Undeserved? I'm starting to think that you would rather have Mysterio not getting a push at all. On what ground is Mysterio undeserving of a push? He has been continously in Match of the Year-candidates and great feuds for the past 2 years. In terms of match quality and feud-wise, Mysterio almost guarantees top entertainment in the WWE.

And about this Super-sterio thing, like I said before, his matches have a lot of variety. Usually when he hits the 619, it happens in chaos, when it really can go either way. You can't tell who is going to win until Mysterio hits the 619. And Mysterio has lost plenty of matches, as I explained in his PPV-record and his lack of title matches. So how are they force-feeding you? I don't get it, I really don't.

Hense the reason I said that Mysterio, if anything deserves a de-push....the fact he was in 2 WWE Title matches, proves he's been main eventing, since coming to RAW.

Hence? Hence what? Mysterio deserves a de-push because of what I said about Punk, Del Rio and Miz? I can't find the connection between those two things. It's incomprehensible.

And the fact that Mysterio was in 2 WWE Title matches proves that he's been main eventing, since coming to RAW? You know what, let's talk about what Mysterio has done since coming to RAW.

His PPV-record, since coming to RAW.

- @ Over the Limit - Singles Match vs. R-Truth (loss), 1st match on the cards

- @ Capitol Punishment - Singles Match vs. CM Punk (loss), 5th match on the cards

- @ Money in the Bank - RAW MITB Ladder Match (loss), 4th match on the cards

Wow, 0-3 on PPV's. Not in the main event in anyone of them. Sounds like an abysmal record for an main-eventer. And those two WWE-title matches happened on the same day. Won it and lost it. So he had 1 day (or a week) where he was actively in the picture of the WWE Championship. Hence why I said that Mysterio is hardly seen in the main event. So how is it possible that you don't like him being in the main event too much? John Morrison has had 2 WWE-title shots in recent history as well. Is he a main eventer as well?

Well that would've been a lie, because I have nothing against Rey. Personally I think he's phenomal in the ring, but I'm just sick of the "Ultimate Underdog" bs, that gets shoved down our throats, only to see him overcome those supposed "odds", each & every time. It's a joke & laughable at best, that's why I'm personally sick of Mysterio. The sooner he hangs up his boots the better, because he's incredibly stale & hasn't done much if anything to be deserving of a real main event push, like the others that I mention. He's become the Hogan of this generation, where his putting over of people are few & far inbetween.

What others? You only mentioned Ziggler and McIntyre and Ziggler got a push for the main-event. And this Ultimate Underdog thing is basically non-existant. It doesn't properly relate to Mysterio's matches, which has gone much further than that. Occasionally, you hear that when he's facing a big man in Kane or Mark Henry, but they drop the same "how can he beat this man" on anyone who faces those two. Recently, Mysterio has been facing a lot of people closer to his size and weight, so they usually don't bring the underdog-routine up anymore.

And Mysterio has done plenty to be deserving of a real main event push. Because Mysterio has never been pushed as the absolute center point of a show like Cena, Orton, Miz has experienced.

And of course, the Hogan-claim. Which is based on some stupid internet dirt-sheet, because I'm sure you're referring to the rumour that Mysterio wasn't willing to drop to Ziggler. Already said it, but dropping the IC-title to ZIggler would've been a huge mistake regardless.

If you just don't want him pushed, that's fine, that's a matter of opinion, but don't give a flawed reasoning as to why you don't want to see him pushed, like how he hasn't done much to deserve it, or like how he doesn't want to put guys over, how he is the modern day-Hulk Hogan, because those claims are untrue.

Most of your claims are basically filled with non-arguments which doesn't hold much sense and none of them can be seen as an actual, solid, good reason why Mysterio shouldn't be pushed.

Archived