What happened to Drew McIntyre?

Gooner Lad

I think Drew is great and has it all except for an appealing gimmick. He needs something to stand out. One week on Superstars he cut a promo calling himself the American Nightmare, then he just disappeared until he got thrown off the stage by Henry and Show.

He hasn't done anything that really stands out,then again he has been given some pretty bland storylines. I think the guy is good enough that he should get one more chance at a strong midcard run. There a couple of interesting things that could be done with him in his current position,but with other heels like Swagger also in the backburner there's not much hope.

I for one like those people who just look just pissed all the time and have that semi evil element to them. They don't need mic time to show their character when he goes on a roid rage during the match :lol:

However some people feel that's boring....................:mellow:

McIntyre was great when he first debuted. The heel who knew he was something great, bragged about it then backed it up in the ring. Then after he lost the IC title, it all went downhill, I had hopes his alliance and tag title reign with Rhodes would reignite his push. But it didn't, shame, because from then until now I feel he's shown more character in his ring work, promos and overall gimmick.

I suggest people to watch his promo's from back in the Indys. It's not the fact that HE cant do a promo or perform in the ring, its the fact that WWE hasnt allowed him to do so. I met him (and Sheamus) in 2008, they were Wrestling on show here in s England and they were being advertised as 'WWE Hopefulls', i got both their autograph & it seemed like (McIntyre/Galloway moreso) that they have a passion about the business, i just wished that could be shown on TV.

I see the haters are out in force. I also saw people saying they hoped he'd get released. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

Drew McIntyre is more talented that what WWE allow him to do. He's good on the mic (then again this may be down to a langauge/accent thing as to why people are hating on him), he is actually very good in the ring. His fueds with Hardy, Kingston and Christian should all prove that. Like someone else mentioned, I too, like his aggressivenessin the ring. I think that tells it's own story. Seeing him in the Elimination Chamber this year he really did look capable of winning the World Heavyweight Championship.

Hopefully WWE use him again soon and he's able to connect with the crowd, because it would suck to see him wasted and then fired because WWE have "nothing for him".

They basically gave his push to Cody Rhodes, in my honest opinion.

And used Ted as his lackey, which makes no sense to me.

(Thinks Ted DiBiase is a better wrestler than Cody)

I think Cody is better than Ted, but Ted has a TON of potential.

Archived