Comic Discussion

Lunchbox

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I read that too, although I need to catch up with the last two issues. Was busy with Dark Knights: Metal

Dude DK Metal was wild. In a very good way. I'm looking forward to Snyder's No Justice this week.

DC is raising their digital and physical comics price tag up to $3.99 and still not giving free digital codes with physical copies like Marvel.

I've only been getting graphic novels and volumes for the last couple of years and so this doesn't affect me but sucks for comic collectors and people still into every new issue. I wait for a comic series to end and be collected into a book

I do read some issues but I read those for free on a site

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I like the BOOM Studios Power Rangers stuff, only read volume 1 and 2 so far, but plan on getting more into it soon as I get my next check, trying to read the entire Shattered Grid storyline. One of my favorite books right now is Uncanny X-Force by Rick Remender. I have both complete collections and damn near done, I don't think theres a Volume 3 after the Final Execution angle with Genesis, as I think it simply rolled over into the Oliver Copiel drawn team led by Storm and Psylocke. Infamous Ironman is also one of my favorites right now. Anyone read Black Panther Man Without Fear? I was thinking about picking it up, as it seems pretty cool, taking Black Panther out of Wakanda and having him patrol Hells Kitchen after the end of Shadowland, flipped through it while at my comic store a few weeks ago, and wanted to pick it up but was cash strapped so I opted for Daredevil Man Without Fear Vol. 1 by Bendis. Slowly but surely I'm definitely becoming more of a Marvel guy, as the only DC title I'm truly interested in right now, at least enough to get on a regular basis is Doomsday Clock. Which brings me to the whole rebirth thing and if DC forgot that it's been heavily teased that Dr. Manhattan is behind Rebirth. Do you guys pick up titles weekly or what? I find I'm the type of fan that would rather wait for a whole run to be completed and then pick up a trade of that specific run when its completed. However in most cases I've found that I'm going to be waiting quite some time lol. Anyone planning on going to NYCC this year?

Marvel is set to bring back their What If? line of comics, later this year with six one-shot titles. One will be featured around the X-Men set in a digital age, from the looks of the cover I assume they mean like, a literal digital age, in reference to our Internet boom. Another is The Punisher with the Spider-Man symbiote, I guess that isn't technically Agent Venom, and a Flash Thompson as Spider-Man title.

The rest are Thor, in which he was adopted by the Frost Giants, real world Ghost Rider and Magick, where it doesn't cause her any stress or trauma to use her powers.

I like the BOOM Studios Power Rangers stuff, only read volume 1 and 2 so far, but plan on getting more into it soon as I get my next check, trying to read the entire Shattered Grid storyline. One of my favorite books right now is Uncanny X-Force by Rick Remender. I have both complete collections and damn near done, I don't think theres a Volume 3 after the Final Execution angle with Genesis, as I think it simply rolled over into the Oliver Copiel drawn team led by Storm and Psylocke. Infamous Ironman is also one of my favorites right now. Anyone read Black Panther Man Without Fear? I was thinking about picking it up, as it seems pretty cool, taking Black Panther out of Wakanda and having him patrol Hells Kitchen after the end of Shadowland, flipped through it while at my comic store a few weeks ago, and wanted to pick it up but was cash strapped so I opted for Daredevil Man Without Fear Vol. 1 by Bendis. Slowly but surely I'm definitely becoming more of a Marvel guy, as the only DC title I'm truly interested in right now, at least enough to get on a regular basis is Doomsday Clock. Which brings me to the whole rebirth thing and if DC forgot that it's been heavily teased that Dr. Manhattan is behind Rebirth. Do you guys pick up titles weekly or what? I find I'm the type of fan that would rather wait for a whole run to be completed and then pick up a trade of that specific run when its completed. However in most cases I've found that I'm going to be waiting quite some time lol. Anyone planning on going to NYCC this year?

God ive been out of comics due to money issues but i usually buy trades because they are easier to store. Also still on the fence about NYCC.

The cover art is out for Geoff Johns and Jason Fabok's The Three Jokers, book.

Yeah and it looks amazing.

Truth. Marvel also has announced that work on Neil Gaiman's Miracle Man book has resumed and its set to release in 2019. Heard nothing but good things in reference to Gaimans writing and I never got to read Miracle Man, whether be the originals or the newer ones Marvel booted up, so I'm definitely looking forward to that one.

So much cool stuff coming out of SDCC. The Batman Who Laughs is getting his own miniseries, with Jock doing the art and the amazing Scott Snyder writing the story. Snyder is awesome when it comes to writing Batman stuff, so this has some serious potential. Its set to come out in November.

Tom Kings Heroes In Crisis miniseries will drop its first issue September 26th. From what King said about, sounds like something I would enjoy. Similar to our vets and family who've fought overseas, the fact that they have to end violence with violence is doing something to some Heroes, and Sanctuary, is where these heroes will go to seek out help, while there, they have to wear these gold masks and white robes, says King, and they do so to protect their own secret identities and anonymity. That's just a snip of what Tom King actually said, but both of these have me pretty stoked for what DC has coming up.

So much cool stuff coming out of SDCC. The Batman Who Laughs is getting his own miniseries, with Jock doing the art and the amazing Scott Snyder writing the story. Snyder is awesome when it comes to writing Batman stuff, so this has some serious potential. Its set to come out in November.

Tom Kings Heroes In Crisis miniseries will drop its first issue September 26th. From what King said about, sounds like something I would enjoy. Similar to our vets and family who've fought overseas, the fact that they have to end violence with violence is doing something to some Heroes, and Sanctuary, is where these heroes will go to seek out help, while there, they have to wear these gold masks and white robes, says King, and they do so to protect their own secret identities and anonymity. That's just a snip of what Tom King actually said, but both of these have me pretty stoked for what DC has coming up.

Same. I think DC is running circles around everyone right now. Especially Marvel.

Same. I think DC is running circles around everyone right now. Especially Marvel.

Yea, I thought for a little bit that with the Hunt For Wolverine and the Legacy and Fresh Start stuff that Marvel was beating DC, but DC is coming back with some pretty hyped releases coming down the line. One thing I do wish to check out from Marvel now is their Old Man Hawkeye series,gonna start reading that pretty soon.

The relaunch of Amazing Spider-Man and Venom have been awesome so far. Donny Cates has been killing it. Besides those and a couple others, I've read far better stories from DC over the last several months and what they have coming has also got me excited. White Knight is seriously some amazing shit for those that haven't read it.

I've been hearing nothing but good things about Donny Cates lately. I'm trying to wait for the TPB of White Knight, hopefully DC drops that soon. The Avengers/New Avengers by Johnathan Hickman omnibus has just released, the second volume. I absolutely loved Volume 1, so I'm considering either getting that next check or the Batman by Grant Morrison Omnibus.

Marvel is rebooting the Uncanny X-Men series in November.

Archived