Comic Discussion

Lunchbox

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just read vol. 1's of Saga and Sex Criminals, would highly recommend both if you haven't read them yet.

Both are incredible. Saga has been stellar throughout its whole run. Sex Criminals didn't sell me at first but i loved it after the first trade came out.

• 4 weeks later...

Started reading Bloodshot stuff. Can't decide now if I like Bloodshot or Punisher more. Still probably gotta go with Punisher, but Bloodshot is damned good. Also...

Unpopular comic opinion: Bloodshot is a better character than Deadpool.

I don't know if I would agree with that but Deadpool in general is overrated as f***.

Also...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=55745

I've been wanting to start reading comics i hope i can find some deadpool's and Barns & Noble.

Ordering comics online is an easy way to start a specific volume and assure that you're able to find all of the issues. Digital comics aren't so bad either...although, I prefer physic copies for collection purposes. Almost anything can be found on eBay though. Good deals on comic lots are always a good way to go too. For example, I collect Punisher. So, paying $20 for a box of 80 Punisher comics is a good way to go...even if I get duplicates of issues I already have. And sometimes you get rare issues, because people don't know what they've got.

• 3 weeks later...

New Humble Bundle offers Star Wars comics. 89 comics valued at $190 (with more to be added as the sale continues), name your own price. $15+ gets you everything. I don't even like Star Wars much, but the value can't be beat with something like this. Always great to read different things and see new art styles.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So I just started getting into comics, fairly recently. Started with my brother and friend lending me Civil War and Death of The Family, respectively. Since then I've read Maximum Carnage, and I'm starting to read Red Hood and The Outlaws, Uncanny X-Force, and The New 52 Flash. Anyone have any other recommendations to make?

If you're serious about it, I would find one character or group of characters that you like and start seeking out everything you can find. Keeping up with the most talked about arcs is one thing, but truly finding that character that you connect with is where comic collecting gets serious, because there's so much to choose from.

Archived