Comic Discussion

Lunchbox

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone reading "Infinity"? I want to read it, but I think I'll wait till the whole story gets published into one book. Which reminds me, there are a few Superman comics I want to buy in the future - I know Superman: Grounded is gonna be one of them.

Don't bother with Grounded. There are much better Superman stories.

Screw you Marvel for constantly teasing a Ben Reilly return.

Hmm, I'll have to check out the list of other Superman titles I could get. Also, do you remember me posting a link to the list of the Official Marvel Graphic Novel Collection? If not, here it is again:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Official_Marvel_Graphic_Novel_Collection

I bought #13 - Kraven's Last Hunt. I think the next one I'll get is #17 - E Is For Extinction, followed by #21 - She-Hulk: Single Green Female.

Got most of my Forever Evil comics pre-ordered, hope the crossover is good though.

Nothing else is really grabbing me atm, I dropped Green Lantern, Zero Year is taking awhile to get going, Animal Man is starting to get interesting again. Also picked up Volume 1 of Saga and Daredevil.

Anyone getting any of the one-shot issues for Villains Month? I bought Darkseid #1 today, and have preordered Bane #1, Doomsday #1, Harley Quinn #1, Mr. Freeze #1, and Riddler #1. They've currently sold out of the Poison Ivy, Joker and Two-Face issues, which is a shame. Any others I should get? I would have preordered more, but I'm probably gonna grab the ones that I actually care for. Not ones like Grodd #1 or Count Vertigo #1.

I happened to get lucky, as the Darkseid issue had one 3D cover left at the comic book store. I'm still considering preordering Scarecrow, Killer Croc, Lex Luthor, Clayface, Deathstroke, Joker's Daughter, Man-Bat, Metallo, and maybe Penguin.

Also, I was reading the new Deadpool comic (Deadpool X Deadpool), and all I can think of when I was reading it was "WTF?" I was dumbfounded when I saw "Pandapool".

Shame I don't know what or where that is. The guys at the comic book store I visit said that some people had preordered a month in advance. I literally found out the issues with the 3D covers on Wednesday. I knew that there was going to be issues for the villains, but I didn't know when. And I sure as hell didn't know that the covers were gonna be in 3D.

Oh well. As long as I can get Bane and Doomsday's issues with the 3D cover, then I'm all good. BTW which issue so far do you think has the best cover?

Im going to throw it out there that I REALLY hate Frazer Ivring as a artist. I hated him on Batman & Robin and im hating him on Uncanny X-Men. That being said All New X-Men and Uncanny are both really good. The Battle of the Atom has just started and the first issue started with future X-Men coming into the present time.

Remender's Captain America is really great to. I was upset when Brubaker left but the Dimension Z story was good.

Won a lot of 50 comics on eBay yesterday. Only paid $13. Obviously haven't received them yet, but the seller had pictures of every issue in the lot. Most are bagged and boarded, and there are only a handful of titles that I'm not interested in. Mostly good stuff...Punisher, Ghost Rider, X-Men, Fantastic Four, etc. I would have paid $13 just for the 5 or 6 Punisher issues, because I collect Punisher.

^ Joker but I'm biased :P

Without being biased, which one do you think has the best cover? I personally think that while the Joker cover looks good, it's kinda average. I'm liking Zod's cover, but I wouldn't say it's my favourite.

Court of Owls looks pretty awesome imo

^ Joker but I'm biased :P

Without being biased, which one do you think has the best cover? I personally think that while the Joker cover looks good, it's kinda average. I'm liking Zod's cover, but I wouldn't say it's my favourite.

Court of Owls looks pretty awesome imo

I think that one comes out over here this week. I should be getting a few titles this week, including Riddler, Harley Quinn, Mister Freeze, and a few others.

Unfortunately, Harley Quinn was sold out. But I did manage to buy myself the 3D cover issues of Killer Frost, Zod, and the Court Of Owls. I came close to buying Trigon, but I don't really care for the Teen Titans.

Also, I'd say that Marvel should do something like DC's Villain's Month, but I feel that there's too many villains that are neutral. Magneto, Venom, and Deadpool are all working for good (or for themselves).

I also saw that issue 16 of The Superior Spiderman is called "The Superior Spiderman 2099". Could Doc Ock possibly switch with the Spiderman of 2099, and have the Spiderman of 2099 become the new Spiderman of Earth 616?

Archived